Thread: Healing in 3v3

  1. #1

    Healing in 3v3

    So I've been reading a lot of posts and it seems that for the most part healers are sincerely struggling with throughput especially versus zerging cleaves.

    I want to establish a tier ranking and I'd love your guys' input. Also, what changes you might think healing needs, whether it be class specific or general. From what I've seen:

    Resto Shaman > Holy Paladin / Mistweaver Monk > Resto Druid / Priest

    Would you say this is accurate? What's your experience like being a healer in 3v3 or killing the different classes of healers?

    Pros and cons of each (feel free to add your own information):

    Resto Shaman, great throughput, totems, good survivability under pressure (Earth shield riptide totems)

    MW great throughput, cooldowns, and mobility, good survivability under pressure (Bubble and passive heals)

    Holy Paladin naturally a bit tanky, with strong cd heals and utility, also dps (Bubbles, sacs, freedom, wings)

    Priest a bit weaker but still viable in comps such as cupid or RMP (shields, mobility, inner focus)

    Resto druid a bit weaker, hots are strippable, no throughput, anticipating cyclone nerfs. Any resto druid comp is better with another healer. (Hots, cyclone, stun, forms immune to poly)
    Last edited by magnetox; 2016-09-21 at 03:26 AM.

  2. #2
    Over 9000! Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coolsville, Daddio
    Posts
    9,377
    I think RShams are the best right now. They have tons of survivability grp utility CDs and ES too stronk right now as well as good mobility.

    They'll probably end up either putting CD on ES or removing it's 20% DR because it's a bit ridiculous right now. Perma 20% DR with a good heal when they take damage.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  3. #3
    Not sure about monks, but for healers I think they need to tone down shaman healing and paladin damage. I main a druid and I think that would bring them in line with other healers. For melee trains, I would say rogues are definitely overtuned with windwalkers and dh needing some slight tweaks.

  4. #4
    Deleted
    Sonatine, no they don't need to tune down any of the healers. They need to buff the others. A single DPS can already easily wreck most healers in short orders with proccs/CDs with the healer (including shamans) being incapable of doing much about it. Nerfing those who can in certain comps against certain other comps at times be remotely usefull wont suddenly make the other healers better or more popular it'll just help fostering 3 dps set ups with off healing.

  5. #5
    Deleted
    Nerf healers? U mad bro? Rather buff druid (after season 1) they deserve to be underdog spec just for one season ty. :P

  6. #6
    Deleted
    I hope healers get nerfed some more. Everyone is up in arms when tanks are OP, but when healers godmode tank 3dps at once it's 'because of arena balance and just fine.'

    Fuck that noise. Facing healers is not fun. CC has too little impact, so it comes down to being able to blow CDs and zerging a healer down, or hitting a wall for 30 mins (cause he sure as fuck won't go OOM)

    Maybe if mana were impactful and we had stuff like viper sting and mana burn again, I could see a case for healers needing a big buff to compensate.

  7. #7
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    I hope healers get nerfed some more. Everyone is up in arms when tanks are OP, but when healers godmode tank 3dps at once it's 'because of arena balance and just fine.'

    Fuck that noise. Facing healers is not fun. CC has too little impact, so it comes down to being able to blow CDs and zerging a healer down, or hitting a wall for 30 mins (cause he sure as fuck won't go OOM)

    Maybe if mana were impactful and we had stuff like viper sting and mana burn again, I could see a case for healers needing a big buff to compensate.
    You are asking to remove healers from PvP.

  8. #8
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    I hope healers get nerfed some more. Everyone is up in arms when tanks are OP, but when healers godmode tank 3dps at once it's 'because of arena balance and just fine.'

    Fuck that noise. Facing healers is not fun. CC has too little impact, so it comes down to being able to blow CDs and zerging a healer down, or hitting a wall for 30 mins (cause he sure as fuck won't go OOM)

    Maybe if mana were impactful and we had stuff like viper sting and mana burn again, I could see a case for healers needing a big buff to compensate.
    I disagree. PVP is not fun when there is NO healing. Then it just becomes a zergfest. Heals at least prolong the game and allow people to make mistakes and punish.

    I think Rsham and Hpal are the best, with MW very close behind. Priests don't seem tooooooo bad, but they feel too weak to melee trains (I mean, every healer is, but them more so). Rdruids just feel like weaker MW to me. (I have experience playing Hpal, Rdruid, and MW).

    I don't feel like balance is extremely out of whack. Rdruid just need something to help them not be so weak to purge and some of the melee dps CD stacking needs to be tweaked slightly. If you aren't playing with classes that can peel well, melee cleaves will crush you as a healer if they coordinate their kicks at all (fakecasting can lead to you falling behind with some of the burst that is in the game right now). Granted, I'm fine with peels being necessary.

    Been playing Shadowplay today(Demo, Spriest, Hpal) and did Hpal/Spriest 2's as shockadin spec. Been doing pretty well in both, but its hard to tell if anything matters when you play against shammies and priests that don't dispell BoP's. Guess I'll have to climb even more and tell.

  9. #9
    New hotfixes you can find here:

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...s-september-21

    Maybe changing the healing tiers?

    What do you guys think.

  10. #10
    I hope healers get nerfed some more. Everyone is up in arms when tanks are OP, but when healers godmode tank 3dps at once it's 'because of arena balance and just fine.'

    Fuck that noise. Facing healers is not fun. CC has too little impact, so it comes down to being able to blow CDs and zerging a healer down, or hitting a wall for 30 mins (cause he sure as fuck won't go OOM)

    Maybe if mana were impactful and we had stuff like viper sting and mana burn again, I could see a case for healers needing a big buff to compensate.
    Dude, you want to make healers responsible for your low skill level, but be sure it wont be better for you without healers. In that case your are dying just faster.


    @Topic, Disc Priest is very fun to play and really stong in right hands, but the skill cap is very high. In my mind disc could be the best healer.
    Last edited by Elisha; 2016-09-22 at 07:49 AM.

  11. #11
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    2,075
    I don't think it changes much. It hurts Hpal shockadin spec a bit, but I feel like most Hpal teams want double freedom and such anyway (at least for 3's).

    It might help Rdruid a bit, but Rdruid's problem isn't output. It's weakness to purge spam. Don't know if it'll help priests much.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Dude, you want to make healers responsible for your low skill level, but be sure it wont be better for you without healers. In that case your are dying just faster.


    @Topic, Disc Priest is very fun to play and really stong in right hands, but the skill cap is very high. In my mind disc could be the best healer.
    Disc could be incredibly good. Having two spell schools is a huge deal. I just think that they don't do well in a bursty meta, due to having fairly weak CD's. Pain supp is countered by hard swap (which arms, rogue, feral, monk, and DH are all great at) and Dome is fairly limited in duration. Additionally, I don't think Power Infusion should be dispellable (I don't think any big CD, defensive or otherwise, should be dispellable unless the spell countering it has a long ass CD).

  12. #12
    Resto shaman feels more tanky than ever. Earth Shield is really strong now, Astral Shift is a nice defensive cd they didn't have before, lots of powerful cds, they are the only healers who kept their interrupt I think (disc lost silence and monks/palas lost their kicks I think), still have Purge, Counter Strike totem is a real noob stomper (it's also easy to use so it's noob friendly too), talented Hex on 10 sec cd is crazy, Stun Totem is easier to use now (only 1 bind required). I can tank melee cleaves easily, more than ever before, the only nice thing that Resto Shammies lost is Frost Shock/Earthbind.

    Can't really comment on other healers, but "healers suck in pvp now" mantra doesn't apply to Resto Shamans for sure.

  13. #13
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Resto shaman feels more tanky than ever. Earth Shield is really strong now, Astral Shift is a nice defensive cd they didn't have before, lots of powerful cds, they are the only healers who kept their interrupt I think (disc lost silence and monks/palas lost their kicks I think), still have Purge, Counter Strike totem is a real noob stomper (it's also easy to use so it's noob friendly too), talented Hex on 10 sec cd is crazy, Stun Totem is easier to use now (only 1 bind required). I can tank melee cleaves easily, more than ever before, the only nice thing that Resto Shammies lost is Frost Shock/Earthbind.

    Can't really comment on other healers, but "healers suck in pvp now" mantra doesn't apply to Resto Shamans for sure.
    Didn't realize Hex was a 10 sec CD or that Resto got Astral Shift. That's pretty damn nice. And yeah, rsham is the only healer with a kick now. I might be leveling mine up as an alt, or MW. But leaning towards Rsham I think.

  14. #14
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Dude, you want to make healers responsible for your low skill level, but be sure it wont be better for you without healers. In that case your are dying just faster.


    @Topic, Disc Priest is very fun to play and really stong in right hands, but the skill cap is very high. In my mind disc could be the best healer.
    Cute.

    Yes, I'd love for me and others to die faster. Because it's no fun rattling a static rotation and priority system for minutes on end into a green bar that refills itself.
    It becomes a game not of action and emotion, but purely of who can obtain an optimal uptime / rotation / peeling while avoiding mistakes or punishing others. It's like a perverted game of whack a mole that I do not enjoy in the least. Anything that gets closer back to that setup is certainly not something I would call 'better'. It'd be a turn back to the worse. I'd rather have burst and crazy stuff going on over animated excel games humping around pillars...

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Cute.

    Yes, I'd love for me and others to die faster. Because it's no fun rattling a static rotation and priority system for minutes on end into a green bar that refills itself.
    It becomes a game not of action and emotion, but purely of who can obtain an optimal uptime / rotation / peeling while avoiding mistakes or punishing others. It's like a perverted game of whack a mole that I do not enjoy in the least. Anything that gets closer back to that setup is certainly not something I would call 'better'. It'd be a turn back to the worse. I'd rather have burst and crazy stuff going on over animated excel games humping around pillars...
    You peaked my curiosity.. How is it anything like whack a mole, and how did you get the perverted part into it? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious on your line of thinking

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •