Convince me to switch to Holy Priest

I've played a different healing spec in every expansion since Cata. Cata: Disc, Mists: Mistweaver, WoD: Resto Druid, Legion:???

Choosing a healer has been a challenge for me. I wanted to play Monk again. The changes made them much more fun than they were in WoD, but I still strongly dislike playing them. (RIP: 5.2 Mistweavers)

I have zero desire to get into the Disc spec again, though I'm really happy they finally revamped it! Resto Shaman has never been fun for me- not sure why. Holy Paladin is the same.

That leaves HOLY PRIEST! Holy was technically my first spec ever. I spent early Cata leveling and doing normal dungeons as Holy. I've always been fond of its collection of abilities, and I'm pleased they got rid of the Chakra stuff. But I've heard that it's not that viable as of this patch. I'm currently leveling my Resto Druid, which plays the same as it did in Warlords. That's a good thing, but I've read that it's generally the best and most balanced healing spec right now. This actually deters me from wanting to play because I don't want healing to be easy and I don't want to just be another Druid on the POWERTRAIN.

So clearly I don't want THE most powerful healer and I don't want to play something that's going to take 120% effort to be at the same level as other classes putting out 100%. Can you convince me that Holy IS viable? And that it does hold its own?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had a problem keeping people alive. HW: Serenity crits for ~1.3m, Flash Heal is great. Sanctify and PoH works great together. I'm loving Prayer of Mending. I don't have anything bad to say about Holy. I'm questing as Holy aswell, Holy Nova is just crazy. I'm just rounding up 4-6 mobs at a time killing them faster than I ever could as Shadow or Discipline.

Whoever told you Holy isn't viable has no idea what they're talking about. You are given all the tools needed to single and AoE heal with little to no problems. Most of the talent tiers are pretty good and offer variety. You can pull really good AoE dps when T'uure procs.

Choose my class threads aren't allowed here. Closing.