Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool [Humpalicious] Emerald dream Guide!!!

Hey guys. I made this text based guide for my guild after condensing down information from various sources floating around the place.

Will change guide to focus on mythics when we refocus on them next week

Mainly focused towards timings for healers and dps and how to deal with the basic mechanics of each fight. (very little tank stuff here)

Warning I may occasionally swear in the document and its quite simplistic with the target audience being players that are aiming for heroics week 1 and then into mythics.

If u have any feedback etc I would love to hear it!

Enjoy. xoxo gossippat

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Note: there are several updates in the posts below so make sure to familiarize yourself with them
    Last edited by humpalicious; 2016-09-26 at 11:32 AM.

Dragons are in the same "non-linearity" with the other 3 fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Dragons are in the same "non-linearity" with the other 3 fwiw.
    yer thats not very clear in my stuff re the image i stole from icyveins doesn't really indicate that. cheers!

Re: Your Brainz

Love the guide. Just wondering, why BL at start of Nythendra? I would have thought on the transition to P2 with everyone standing mostly still in the safe zone (maybe a little bug dodging) would be a better point to use it?

Could be I missed something. I was just comparing your guide to my notes and that was the only major thing that stood out for me.

2 reasons. 1 BL when everyone has CDs at the start as this way u get the most out of it. and 2 in phase 2 the raid really needs to be focusing on survival on heroic as the adds pulsate damage will 2 shot you. people tend to tunnel when hero gets popped . Also on a side note. im thinking popping hero on illygnoth around the time the 2 deathglare tentacles spawn in second phase 2 as it seems the boss is easily 2 phased without hero and impossible to one phase on heroic in current gear. i.e hero doesnt really help effect the outcome during the internal phase. will update guide to reflect this among a few other changes

Any chance on a link to your weakauras as well?

https://www.weakauras.online/en/aura...rald-nightmare

Thats my personnel preference however there are others..

- - - Updated - - -

two points here btw team. infested rot damage on heroic seems quite high so make sure all your players are spread and no one near each other (8-yards min) and also ursoc RC damage seems abit lower than ptr so damage isnt as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by humpalicious View Post
    im thinking popping hero on illygnoth around the time the 2 deathglare tentacles spawn in second phase 2 as it seems the boss is easily 2 phased without hero and impossible to one phase on heroic in current gear. i.e hero doesnt really help effect the outcome during the internal phase.
    So you're saying all of us basically don't have the damage to one phase it hero or no hero, but 2 phase should be easy? Thanks for the info. I'll see what the dps is like tonight. If we get tree boss to 40%~ with no BL in P1 then it should work out.

Any idea what the dps requirement is for Ursoc? I'm thinking if the damage is good we might try him earlier. Early expac, people are still a little brain dead. It's good to have nice easy tactics to warm them up a little

yer basically. with hero u might get it to like 20-30%? but withoiut mayb 40% so either way ur going to be doing 2 phases. better use it on adds where most poeple fall behind here on heroic. also dps req for ursoc isnt that high. most streams i watched today killed before the 11RC and were doing around 230k average. after his nerfs i would definately try him earlier. were gonna do all as we shd kill them all but if u plan on just working ur way thru id do nyth>ursoc/dragons>illy/ren>cen>xav

Awesome. The raid is like, 50% new, so I have no idea how they'll do and worrying about which bosses to do for fastest progression. I want to clear everything first week but with a new raid it might be a bit ambitious

Thanks for the help. Really appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Althara View Post
    Love the guide. Just wondering, why BL at start of Nythendra? I would have thought on the transition to P2 with everyone standing mostly still in the safe zone (maybe a little bug dodging) would be a better point to use it?

Could be I missed something. I was just comparing your guide to my notes and that was the only major thing that stood out for me.
    Correct me if I wrong, but after every "puddle soak" phase, she spawns more and more puddles per batch.

And you basically have everyone's cooldowns available, while that might not be the case during P2, resulting in a net loss.

made a few changes after 1st night of raid on live last night. will update again after tonights raid

It was definitely better at the start. People were failing hard on the bug dodging. I had to tell them to stop dps and actually watch wtf they were doing. So annoying. Had about 4 wipes at <10% due to enrage.

Side note: did anyone else have trouble with pulling trash during the boss? We managed it about 3 or 4 times. Ofc standard procedure is blame the hunter...except we didn't have one last night. \_O_/

Also, we massively sucked on the tree boss. Tanks were freaking about the dominator tentacles shreking them and the horrors. Dps were panicking about the ichors. Corruption was everywhere and I was just like .......

At least the rogues were <3 had one calling out all the interrupts on the tentacles. I might change the prio order on the adds a bit. We have four rogues (!!!) and about two on each interrupting is pretty good to keep them cc'd.
    Last edited by Althara; 2016-09-22 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Althara View Post
    It was definitely better at the start. People were failing hard on the bug dodging. I had to tell them to stop dps and actually watch wtf they were doing. So annoying. Had about 4 wipes at <10% due to enrage.

Side note: did anyone else have trouble with pulling trash during the boss? We managed it about 3 or 4 times. Ofc standard procedure is blame the hunter...except we didn't have one last night. \_O_/

Also, we massively sucked on the tree boss. Tanks were freaking about the dominator tentacles shreking them and the horrors. Dps were panicking about the ichors. Corruption was everywhere and I was just like .......

At least the rogues were <3 had one calling out all the interrupts on the tentacles. I might change the prio order on the adds a bit. We have four rogues (!!!) and about two on each interrupting is pretty good to keep them cc'd.
    We had trouble on the tree boss as well. Exactly what you said

tanks whining about the damage from dominator tentacles, corruption was everywhere and the Mindflay tentacles did little to no damage.

The majority of the damage done came from Dominator Tentacles and the blobs. We were only 10 man and just 1 ranged so it is probably a setup problem too as I expect that this boss with all these adds is simply harder to deal with for fewer people.

We definitely changed the priority to
    1. dominator tentacles first
    2. kill blobs in between, especially phase 2 gets real hard when there are 20+ blobs running around, I think it is better to bloodlust in cycle 2 of the adds and kill blobs in waves and never let them stack so high in number

I would like to ask you - 2 melee players will be enough to cover all the mind fly on one tentacle? After yesterday's tries, people for my guild say you need at least three... Thanks

Deleted
    Our tank pala said on normal he could interrupt a mindlfay tentacle by itself, I dont know... Honestly the mindflay tentacles seemed to be the least of our issues.

about to do tress boss tonight with our second split group. i feel like corruption will end up being number one priority. Also we have 30 and have 4 dedicated for interupts to each tentacle wo we literally have 2 groups of 4 interrupters lol so kinda overkill but gets the job done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by humpalicious View Post
    about to do tress boss tonight with our second split group. i feel like corruption will end up being number one priority. Also we have 30 and have 4 dedicated for interupts to each tentacle wo we literally have 2 groups of 4 interrupters lol so kinda overkill but gets the job done
    this boss seems incredibly harder for 10 man groups as the sheer number of adds is the same whether you are 10 or 30. -_-

Rogues have insane interrupts. Most of ours are belves as well. They handle it fine.

I really think from the amount of shit on the floor I'm going to focus down the corruption first. Mindflay is just kinda /handle it/.

I'm wondering how to stop the focused players from panicking, lol. If they just deal with their damn add properly - it's not hard to kite them - then it's gg. But they're focusing down their adds instead of the target.

Sigh. Round two: fight!