Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hah, is this a joke? I'm sick of every quest that DOESN'T reward artifact power.

Quote Originally Posted by vanderhevel View Post
    Is the entire point of the expansion working on our weapons? Working on them seems fun in the beginning when you are getting cool traits, but by a couple of months, people are going to be sick of getting nothing but points for shitty traits they don't need.
    Yes. That is basically the core mechanic of this expansion, unfortunately.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    AP is definitely useful and will be throughout all of Legion, even if it feels like a drop in the bucket sometimes. Actually Order Hall resources are what will quickly become far less useful (like garrison resources got later on).

Plus, you *can* pick and choose what wq you do, so you don't have to really do the AP ones if you don't like them and don't need the rep. There are still plenty of other ones each day to do. And if you aren't exalted with the faction there is still value in doing them even if you don't like the AP.

Edit: Thinking about this a bit more though, I guess an evolution of wq would be to have them pop up a window after they are completed like normal quests and give the player the choice of reward. So list gold, oh resources, ap, and a piece of gear of all similar value appropriate for the wq, and then let the player choose what they want. Or at least maybe 2 or 3 of these to have an option. AP is tougher because Blizz wants it to be somewhat gated by the amount of AP you can grind, and not have people maxxing their artifacts in a month.
    Last edited by Auxora; 2016-09-20 at 09:01 PM.

Seriously, ya'll got anymore of that AP?

I'll do your AP WQs so hard.

All I wish is that items from quests that grant AP would do that instantly instead of a long casting time.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

It's not about the world quests, its about the long questlines we complete and wind up getting nothing but AP for the entire thing. Like the suramar stuff.

Just look at the quest we got this week to kill xavius and the tree. You get 3k ap. Who wants ap rewards from a raid quest, its just lazy and lame. A raid quest should reward something better and more useful, not enough ap to fill 1/15th of my bar.

Why aren't you complaining about something that's actually useless like Order Resources or Gold? Artifact Power is literally the only thing that will actually be useful entire expansion.

Well, its all im grinding for now. I think the Ressources we get are too much (for class hall). But I farm everything, we need those Reputations Exalted!
    But overtime its true it gets boring, they are mainly the same quests as the campaign, yes theres 100+, but its still the same over again.

Hopefully they'll make more events.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    pets/mounts/titles/tmog gear (read: unique) among many other various ideas that creative people should be able to come up with.

not everything needs to be incredible grinds to have anything substantial, just would like more variety in rewards. id even go so far as to say look for 5 specific quests until getting X pet or Y mount, something like a story/lore builder before reward and not just go kill one NPC = collect phat lewts.

all im saying is they should put a little bit more effort into the reward structure. i hated Valor from dungeons for the same reason, since once you had an ilvl above what dungeons offered, getting valor felt trivial and unrewarding to me for the effort and time invested.
    Pet, mounts, titles and tmog gear that are awarded from quests aren't good rewards as they lose their value by being rewarded like that. Artifact Power will NEVER lose it's value.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like AP more than a crappy green i'l disenchant
    Hi

Deleted
    What else do you want honestly? In any other mmo you don't have anything at all to do at max lvl besides farming mats and PvP...this is atleast 1000x better than previous nothing to do max level quests.

Deleted
    Quests feel totally pointless right now, every reward for every quest is some form of artifact power

it's going to be a long ass expansion if this is all we have to look forward to.
    What do you want instead? Don't just complain without offering an alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about the world quests, its about the long questlines we complete and wind up getting nothing but AP for the entire thing. Like the suramar stuff.

Just look at the quest we got this week to kill xavius and the tree. You get 3k ap. Who wants ap rewards from a raid quest, its just lazy and lame. A raid quest should reward something better and more useful, not enough ap to fill 1/15th of my bar.
    Suramar is about getting you AP. THat's the point. It's one of the best ways to get a lot of AP.

If it rewarded gear you'd soon have no reason to run the raid to begin with.

Deleted
    I wish mission rewards would be better

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes the world quests I do don't even offer Artifact Power. Love to have all of them as Artifact power

Heh
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I wish ALL quests gave AP, instead of gear and gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the entire point of the expansion working on our weapons? Working on them seems fun in the beginning when you are getting cool traits, but by a couple of months, people are going to be sick of getting nothing but points for shitty traits they don't need.
    As opposed to get gear they vendor? Currency they don't need any more? Gold that they don't have much to spend on?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it was all we got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quests feel totally pointless right now, every reward for every quest is some form of artifact power

it's going to be a long ass expansion if this is all we have to look forward to.

You know it is fully intended that you level the artifact for the entire expansion. It has been stated a few times on the front page of this site from developer interviews.

You are going to be doing this until the expansion ends, so you may as well get used to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not about the world quests, its about the long questlines we complete and wind up getting nothing but AP for the entire thing. Like the suramar stuff.Just look at the quest we got this week to kill xavius and the tree. You get 3k ap. Who wants ap rewards from a raid quest, its just lazy and lame. A raid quest should reward something better and more useful, not enough ap to fill 1/15th of my bar.
    Artifact power is essentially the same as a gear reward. No one is going to be done with it at this point and it will only improve your character. If that is lame then isn't getting gear you don't need lame? Other currency you don't need lame? Anything would be lame by the standards you seem to be employing. Artifact power from a raid quest will help you in all your combat endeavors. It could also help you build your off-spec artifact. Far from lame.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account

Still better than just gold...

.. oh, and I'm happy to get my pets too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..