Thread: Sephuz's Secret

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My first legendary was the bubble neck, which sucks because I'm a tank so I'm always going to be tanking damage. It works for pre pulls for trash/bosses OK but as far as EN goes the only boss its working on is going to be Ursoc and that's about it. Luckily they've acknowledged that this neck and probably the ring need some loving.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I guess I just don't see the point gearing for dps when a good dps is going to do double or triple your damage anyway. Better to make the healers lives easier so they can save people standing in fire more often.
    Once things get on farm it's easier to slowly switch your gear over to DPS. If you are extremely comfortable with a fight you could probably do it sooner.

Personally I agree with you. Normally I only swap to DPS gear when we start to pull healers.

dont understand why blizz adds legendaries like this and the shield necklace just to grief players

I got the shield neck first and the ring second. I know I shouldn't complain about getting two legendaries but I got the crappy ones.

Owner of Sephu'z reporting.

Some fights can proc it, but come on. Whoever justifies this legendary either doesn't have it or has no clue about legendary value.

I have two and they are pretty much the worst two I could get. They are armor pieces so at least the stats are nice. I feel like I used all my luck up on bad legendaries.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm taking bets right now on getting this ring on a second character as my first legendary.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Ok plate boots are the worst legendary since it has an effect that is completely useless, barely even noticeable.. so no.. Seph ring is far from the worst.. you people don't know anything

I actually ended up getting this ring on my Vengeance DH alt, and wouldn't mind having it on my prot pally. Is it the top legendary on my wish list? No, but it's far from useless. My DH procs it with Sigil of Silence, Sigil of Misery, and Imprison. None of these work on most bosses, but they are bread & butter for M+ trash pulls that make up a significant part of my game time atm. I spend more time tanking M+ than I do raiding (don't most of us? even avid raiders?), and the trash pulls can be more challenging than the bosses. Sephuz's Secret gives me 10 seconds of mini-heroism out of every 30. I even made a WA to track the internal CD, so I'd know when it was available for proc again. If I had it on my pally, I'd be proc'ing it with Avengers Shield every time it was available. Biggest problem I see with it is that some classes and specs have many more options for proc'ing it than others.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    dont understand why blizz adds legendaries like this and the shield necklace just to grief players
    It's pretty obvious; they're there to keep stringing you along. They want to give you a legendary so that you don't get frustrated, but not a BiS legendary since that would disincentivize you from continuing the grind. So you get one of the garbage shared ones. I have no evidence to support this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the shared legendaries have a higher drop rate than the spec-specific ones.

That being said, at least Sephuz's Secret is actually pretty good in Mythic+ dungeons and a handful of EN fights. I still think it could use a change, since the playerbase's perspective of strength is arguably just as important as the item's actually strength, and most people think it sucks shit. For starters, the stats on legendary jewelry should be modifiable via a vendor of some sorts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Ok plate boots are the worst legendary since it has an effect that is completely useless, barely even noticeable.. so no.. Seph ring is far from the worst.. you people don't know anything
    'You people don't know anything' Could you possibly be more condescending? At least with plate boots you are gaining huge amounts of primary stat, compared to rings which give you none, and more often than not Sephuz is worse than 850 rings because of the stats.

Deleted
    Not really. Plate boots are a strong stat stick for all Warrior specs (Since all 3 stack Haste and Mastery to some ratio). For Paladins and DKs, the least mobile melee classes - the Equip improves their otherwise weak mobility. Ret (Prot?) gets a lot from the Equip since they stack Haste.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2016-10-25 at 10:07 AM.

I'd love to have the boots. Another legendary that isn't #1 on the list but isn't bad either. Who doesn't like to move faster? They may not be my BIS legendary, but I'm guessing they would be my BIS boots.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    1. I don't think age has much to do with it.
    2. You're whining about which legendary you got when most of us don't have any. Don't expect a lot of sympathy.
    3. If you're going to be a jerk when you talk to people, I wouldn't want you in group no matter how many legendaries you have.
    You came into this thread just to be a jerk and you're admonishing people for doing the same in response after you deliberately (or staggeringly unempathicly) provoked such a response out of them?

It's sad to see a guy making a bad joke get infracted while this crap is considered fine.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    easier to move out of shit with them boots i guess :P
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Even the stats suck.
    First time I ever felt insulted by a game when that pile of garbage came to my possession.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Because there's tons of bosses that can stunned. Wait, none in a raid and it's disabled in PVP. So it's useful for trash that is stunnable and that's it. Some classes have their stun on a 45 second cooldown as well. Amazing legendary lol.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Yes. Because there's tons of bosses that can stunned. Wait, none in a raid and it's disabled in PVP. So it's useful for trash that is stunnable and that's it. Some classes have their stun on a 45 second cooldown as well. Amazing legendary lol.
    doesnt need to be stunned. disorients/roots work as well. 6 out of 8 bosses all have adds which can be rooted/disoriented so its definitely not the worst.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    doesnt need to be stunned. disorients/roots work as well. 6 out of 8 bosses all have adds which can be rooted/disoriented so its definitely not the worst.
    So 1, possibly 2 classes can benefit on bosses with adds?

As a DK with the neck and ring... I'm officially on suicide watch.

Well, not really, Sephuz's proc works with ghoul/abom stun every 1:30 which coincidentally lines up with Apocalypse. Pretty good actually.