Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The Emerald Dream after you kill Xavius [Minor Spoilers]

After you kill Xavius, he turns back into a Night Elf & the whole raid of the Emerald Nightmare turns back to the Emerald Dream but what caught my interest was when I went into the tree-cave [represents a purified il'gnyoth] you can see Ysera's spirit walking in and out of it constantly fading visible and invisible but whats most creepy is that theres this tall flower with void energy swarming around it called "Remnant of the Void". If you're a shadow priest the daggers tells you that something that is bound is having its bindings get weaker and that we must prepare to defeat it. Perhaps N'zoth
    This is what the dagger says:

"Almost completely gone, as if it never existed. But the Rift is deep and vast, and somewhere down there it stirs. Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare."
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2016-09-22 at 03:56 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Il'gnyoth mentions traveling to Ny'alotha, described as a sunken city related to the Old Gods, often theorized as the location of the prison of N'Zoth. Perhaps purging the Nightmare from the Dream somehow allowed N'Zoth to grow stronger.

Ysera is bound to the Dream as a gift from Freya calling upon Eonar's blessing, so her spirit could in theory return to the Emerald Dream like the Wild Gods' spirits (most notably Ursoc in this case) after she was slain in Val'sharah.

Now as for the Emerald Nightmare, Yogg-Saron did corrupt the Dream by planting the seed for the Nightmare, which was then used by N'zoth and Xavius later. Perhaps N'zoth will show himself this expansion after all - Il'gynoth whispering to us a lot about Old God related stuff and now the Old God dagger Shadow Priests use warns them. However it could take awhile for N'zoth to break free of his prison, so this could also be a lead into the next expansion.

Damn, now I want to level up my Shadow Priest just so I can see all these cool whispers from the artifact. Warrior artifacts are so boring in comparison.

Please bring back Ysera :'(

i wonder if the shadow priest weapon has something to say if you bring it into yogg or c'thun encounter anyone tried it?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    i wonder if the shadow priest weapon has something to say if you bring it into yogg or c'thun encounter anyone tried it?
    It shouldn't, since those fights occur in the past, and the dagger was still lost at the time our characters fought those old gods.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It shouldn't, since those fights occur in the past, and the dagger was still lost at the time our characters fought those old gods.
    Would be funny if there is a small rp event like back in the day with corrupted ashbringer and stratholme

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    So I'm confused, I haven't done the raid yet but cant Xavius just return since he's a demon? We're merely pushing him back for now?
    This is complete speculation but it could well be that he spent so long affiliated with the Nightmare that he actually became bound there (the same as demons being bound to the TN, and elementals bound to the elemental planes), therefore being perma-dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    you can see Ysera's spirit walking in and out of it constantly fading visible and invisible
    spirit ? shes alive then inside the ED ?

and yes, NZoth is definitely coming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    spirit ? shes alive then inside the ED ?

and yes, NZoth is definitely coming
    She is technically a wild God, thus her physical body can be destroyed but as long as she doesn't die in the emerald dream, she can return one day. Sadly that means ursoc, and all those dragons u killed are perma dead now and can never return.

Sadly that means ursoc, and all those dragons u killed are perma dead now and can never return.
    wait, isnt Ursoc (or his spirit) alive and well, uncorrupted inside the restored ED after you kill Xavius ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    wait, isnt Ursoc (or his spirit) alive and well, uncorrupted inside the restored ED after you kill Xavius ?
    Haven't beaten it yet so idk, but I know he is pulled from grizzly hills physically and pulled into the dream where he is corrupted and my raid seemed to show he was dead. If he returns after the xavius fight then holy shit, the wild gods are op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    they all get saved, well the spirits
    the only one who returned physically was cenarius
    Even the dragons?!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Haven't beaten it yet so idk, but I know he is pulled from grizzly hills physically and pulled into the dream where he is corrupted and my raid seemed to show he was dead. If he returns after the xavius fight then holy shit, the wild gods are op.
    Indeed the wild gods are OP, they are natural manifestations of Azeroth herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    yeah even the dragons
    ysera is kinda walking around in a cave too
    but you can't target her and she keeps fading out

oh and the spider druid lady is back to normal too, she even thanks you.
    That cool then, I was thinking blizzard just killed them all and cenarius was now the leader of the dream.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It coukd be just a small easter egg dude.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    This may confirms, that with Legion come to Azeroth. N'Zoth prison is getting weaker, but the question is.

Where is that prison by now? Vash'Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    This may confirms, that with Legion come to Azeroth. N'Zoth prison is getting weaker, but the question is.

Where is that prison by now? Vash'Jr?
    According to Chronicle it's somewhere beneath the Great Sea.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-09-22 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although some screenshots are from before the fight with Cenarius and before/during Xavius, there's a few I made following Xavius' death.
    http://imgur.com/a/Y3u0A

Elerethe Renferal, for those unfamiliar with the lore, is the same Archdruid you find on Alterac Valley (the Battleground). She died to the Twilight's Hammer that posed as Horde soldiers while conferring with various druids including Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem in Ashenvale. Her spirit moved into the Emerald Dream where Xavius twisted her.

More recently, Elothir is an Ancient you help out with a harpy problem in Val'sharrah but ends up corrupted by the Nightmare near Darkheart Thicket, you find him in such a state together with Tyrande Whisperwind. Before that however you meet up and are eventually forced to kill Thaon Moonclaw.

The dragons you see in the screenshot are the Dragons of Nightmare and the big bear is obviously Ursoc.
    Last edited by Solonar; 2016-09-22 at 09:58 AM.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!