Thread: Fof nerf

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Just a thing to say about that if this goes live. IM DONE WITH WOW, im going to unsub. I never found something so important like this, FOF stun is the main reason why WW is viable on pvp, otherwise just go for a rogue/arms. This nerf is completly garbage, its completly game change, it goes to nerf for the ground.

Keep doing NOYSE monks, this CANT go live.
    Now that's a whole new level of retardness. o_o Chill dude

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I mean, if a healer is stupid enough to get in range of you while channeling FoF then they deserve it, don't they? How is FoF any different from say a warrior bladestorming? Not to mention that if you turn around completely for that 1 tick to stun someone behind you, you lose that damage on the target you're trying to hit.

People have roughly a second to respond to getting out of range of FoF. That's enough time and if you're too slow to respond to it, then that's something you'll have to work on to get better at yourself.
    you can allwys turn the arena to have a stacked setup. Thats why we play with Dks tho. But in other scenario, when the dps accidentaly LOS their healer. AND, i didnt use FOF to stun the healer, but for some interrupt during it. Fof its really big for dmg, but for the stun it does, the peel it do, the setup u can made. If they remove our stun, we are screwed to death. Dont forget thats the reason we are fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by arkomen View Post
    Now that's a whole new level of retardness. o_o Chill dude
    He is right, at least in pvp monks pre 28 are really bad, once you get the stun it goes from shitty to really good. The fof stun is everything for monks, its the biggest CC, its our main peeling ability, its really good damage (cause once it doesnt stun everyone can easily get away from it). It basicely is what makes WW monks viable. Wtihout it you have a bad warrior basicely.

I feel sorry for people that plays this game for it's inferior PvP option. I play another game when I want to PvP, and enjoy pve in wow. Devs are so clueless and biased in PvP, and Ghostcrawler even said that the reason mages was left powerful, was cause lots of developers were playing them..

Deleted
    I don't want to be that guy....but I pretty much said this a few days ago, once they nerf one thing of a Monk, it won't just remain -one- thing... we are not popular enough to stop the Nerf Train.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    this class is dead in pvp. gonna reroll rogue/arms
    have fun with that 30% nerf to agility rogues just got

What i dont get is how all this shit just slid right through the beta and its just NOW that they decide to change it. Did blizzard not give a shit about what happened in the beta? Of course they dont, its just the hype they wanted.
    Last edited by bonewax; 2016-09-22 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's funny is that while we're complaining about the Fists of Fury now, another large nerf is going right past us.

Yu'lon's Gift, the PvP talent that removes snares after we use Roll/FSK is nerfed to only work on FSK in 7.1, rendering it essentially useless.

What's funny is that while we're complaining about the Fists of Fury now, another large nerf is going right past us.

Yu'lon's Gift, the PvP talent that removes snares after we use Roll/FSK is nerfed to only work on FSK in 7.1, rendering it essentially useless.
    Yep, even if they dont aply the FOF nerf, that as was a huge nerf patch for us. All the way we get going weaker and weaker, idk. But at last i have my feral intact atm, gonna reroll hard to it if that FOF comes truth.

That changue is so retarded, it shows the devs don't have a clue at all, FSK already lets you move at increased speed even if you are snared, so that talent is now 100% worthless.

this can't go through. they are not that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    Yea but baby, EU cant post on US forum can they? So what should we do? This is really completely overboard and makes for me personally in pvp, WW from the most fun class on which i did weeks of research. to just a bad version of rogue / feral.
    EU can post on US forums, at least they could for beta.. just had to do a trial account on US servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    this can't go through. they are not that stupid.
    they already did it

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone test this out now? Is it bad?

Fof was actually one of the funnest abilities Monk had :/

Deleted
    That's it. I rerolled. I went through this already once in WoD. I am not one to stay in abusive relationship between my beloved spec and blizz's balancing.

I understand why they made the stun a pvp talent and removed it in pve while making castable while moving baseline, it made for much intuitive usage in pve, but FoF stun is **ESSENTIAL** to the viability of WW. Make Heavy Handed Strikes self-root the monk while retaining its stun+extra range. That's the only way to balance an ability that does high damage, stuns, hits mutliple targets and can be channeled while moving.

Lol, FoF was one of my favorite abilities when monk first came out. I was sad when they removed the stun baseline. Now it's gone completely. Rip ww monk. They should just delete the class.

Numbers/performance aside, it just feels terrible to be really excited about a class/spec at the start of new content and then get multiple nerfs right off the bat.

I feel like the rug's been pulled out from me, and I felt the exact same way in HFC when I was maining a DK and Frost was doing well for the first time in forever, it got nerfed badly just days after the raid came out. I know we're doing well on logs for EN so far but I still have it in my mind that "I used to have X and now I don't anymore".

I wish they could have fixed this stuff in beta so we didn't have to go through multiple rounds of nerfs on live, it's demoralizing.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is just dumb. Without FOF stun monks only have 1 hard CC in arena and that's on a 45 sec cooldown.

You'll never hit Fists of Fury now since it still can be interrupted while channeled...

AND on top of that they remove the snare-break from roll and give it only to FSK AND remove the dash from Palm and make Disable have a bit range? Holy unneeded triple nerf, Batman!

The range of roll and chi torped DO get reduced by snares, right?
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2016-09-22 at 08:55 PM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

What do you mean they removed snare removal from roll?? That's BS .. WW will get fuqed without that ..

I guess Mage tears do pay off ... Also good luck now against huntards .. Mages .. Warrior .. Feral.. Rogue .. Basically any one who has root/snare on demand .. WW RIP ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-09-22 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    Where are the changes listed at?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Where are the changes listed at?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Shaman-Changes

scroll down to the PTR changes
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!