Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Why do people who are on meds own and carry guns? Thats the bigger problem murrica has.
    I think the bigger problem is the millions of firearms illegally owned.

Deleted
    Wasn't this the case of a black police officer shooting that dude?

Racism at its finest indeed... /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I'm in a society where the cops aren't allowed to carry loaded guns, and they're already a bunch of low intellect assholes.

And trust me, I don't need the cops to deal with criminals. Never needed them before for that (they're often useless anyhow as they only show up after the facts).
    Sure, but America has a fanatical gun culture. Our criminal population is much more armed than your criminal population is.

Do we have any confirmation that the weapon allegedly found by police was in fact the victim's gun? Because we have audio of people yelling that he doesn't have a gun, and then audio of people yelling not to plant a gun, and then people saying the police planted a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a society where the cops aren't allowed to carry loaded guns, and they're already a bunch of low intellect assholes.

And trust me, I don't need the cops to deal with criminals. Never needed them before for that (they're often useless anyhow as they only show up after the facts).
    Come to America, visit East St. Louis, live stream it for the 15 seconds or so you get to keep your equipment.. maybe your life too. Show us how you handle them criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Wasn't this the case of a black police officer shooting that dude?

Racism at its finest indeed... /s
    It's because blacks in America are taught to hate themselves, and therefore be racist against themselves.

(I'm not serious, but this is the argument that's been made; some people will do anything to victimize themselves - it's an easy way of gaining power through sympathy/perceived rights)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It's because blacks in America are taught to hate themselves, and therefore be racist against themselves.

(I'm not serious, but this is the argument that's been made; some people will do anything to victimize themselves - it's an easy way of gaining power through sympathy/perceived rights)
    I feel sorry you guys have to deal with this bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your criminals are also a lot more trigger happy and armed because your cops are trigger happy and armed.
    I don't think you have the data to make this causative claim.

Criminals might be more trigger happy and armed, but I doubt it's because cops are more trigger happy and armed. If anything, it's because of the arms race in low income neighborhoods, which nearly requires than an individual have a gun so they're on equal footing with others who can easily take their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    This woman disgusts me, her tone, the things she chooses to say. Pretty clear she didn't actually care THAT much about her husband.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    This woman disgusts me, her tone, the things she chooses to say. Pretty clear she didn't actually care THAT much about her husband.
    I wouldn't read into it that much, she was probably in shock.

You might be right, but I don't think it's useful to demonize people who go through this kind of thing for how they react.

Oh cool another riot based on blatant lies. Good thing this didnt happen before.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Shock is a bit of an odd thing. I've been through some stuff and completely calm and composed, people questioned me in a similar manner. In some instances I would fall to pieces much later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your criminals are also a lot more trigger happy and armed because your cops are trigger happy and armed.
    Yeah no. Pulling statistics out of our asses doesn't make them true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Clearly they're low-intellect if they're willing to work for pretentious people and aren't allowed to defend themselves.

And trust me, I don't need the cops to deal with criminals.
    I realize you're trying to come off as tough here, but it's really not holding up.

(they're often useless anyhow as they only show up after the facts).
    Wait, did someone invent some tech that allows police to predict crime in advance? Or do you just not understand how that concept works?

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Come to America, visit East St. Louis, live stream it for the 15 seconds or so you get to keep your equipment.. maybe your life too. Show us how you handle them criminals.
    Hey I live 2 minutes from ESTL...it's not that rough...if you drive 70mph and never stop.

And by not that rough, I wouldn't set foot there during the middle of the day. Let alone even think of it at night.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

I won't condemn the police because I don't know the details, however, on its surface it seems problematic.

1) The fact that the man had a gun, and failed to comply to drop it does not mean when you get tired of the situation you just shoot him dead. As long as the man does not make a move to point the weapon at someone you should not feel the need to fire your weapon.

2) The article seemed to say the police chief said the man was shoot because he poised "a potential threat." I am sorry, but anytime anyone is being detained by the police you are a potential threat, it is the very reason police have specific guidelines when dealing with people. If simply being a potential threat was itself enough of a justification to shoot someone then that is a blank check.

3) The wife was there clearly trying to talk him off the edge. Now, perhaps he made a threatening move that justified the police shooting. However, the wife was there any quite possible could have gotten through to Mr. Scott before there was any escalation.

I can't say who is right or wrong yet because there is simply not enough information.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have an open thread on the Charlotte incident already here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...North-Carolina

Which you know, as you posted in it.

Closing