Thread: Battlerite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Only advantage of buying pre-release is that any new characters released you get for free, anyone else has to pay post release or something along those lines.

btw, whilst the game has the 3rd party EULA on store page, it also hides its privacy rights. You don't get to see these until after you've purchased the game & even then, only once you've installed & launched it.

Save you some hassle, this is where it links to:
    https://cdn.battlerite.com/legal/web/privacypolicy.html

No problem if that kind of stuff doesn't bother you, but if it does, at least you know now

Just read that after starting up the game and did a double take when I saw they collect browsing information among other things. That seems very unnecessary.
    https://cdn.battlerite.com/legal/privacypolicy.html This is the privacy policy the game asks you to accept. The other link posted may be for their web site?

Oh well, game couldn't have been that good.
    Last edited by Xenogeist; 2017-10-01 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    Just read that after starting up the game and did a double take when I saw they collect browsing information among other things. That seems very unnecessary.
    https://cdn.battlerite.com/legal/privacypolicy.html This is the privacy policy the game asks you to accept. The other link posted may be for their web site?

Oh well, game couldn't have been that good.
    Oops, they must've changed their link.
    I just grabbed it from when I complained to them on reddit a while back.

Still, it's a shitty move on their part & I won't be buying anything from that firm ever again.

Oddly enough, they've pissed off a lot of players with their latest patch too according to reddit. Something about the halloween "event" basically just being "buy Nth chests to be in with a chance to loot one of the seasonal clothing/weapon items".

Had semi-high hopes for this game. The privacy thing is why I quit the game & of the 25-30 ex Vizard Vars players I know, only 1-2 semi-regularly play these days (for whatever reasons).

Devs statement when I asked them on reddit about it:

"The EULA and the Privacy Policy are two different things and have been split up for clarity, rather than have the Privacy Policy being a bit more hidden in the EULA. It's something we've done to follow EU rules. As for which Privacy Policy is the current one I'm fairly certain it is the one that can be found in game. The one found on the website is most likely, by accident, an older version. I will look into it some more."

"Well, you have two hours to refund on Steam if it turns out it's something you can't agree with. But the one on the website will of course be updated to the last one as soon everything has been sorted out."

Passable for those that only just purchased it, not for those that bought & played it long before they added this crap.
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2017-10-01 at 11:43 AM.