Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Surprised they didn't buff mastery. I've always thought blizz didn't like classes having a garbage stat like this.

Maybe they didn't want to change too many things at once? Sometimes I wonder if Blizz even hires mathematicians to work on class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by f00fights View Post
    Surprised they didn't buff mastery. I've always thought blizz didn't like classes having a garbage stat like this.

Maybe they didn't want to change too many things at once? Sometimes I wonder if Blizz even hires mathematicians to work on class balance.
    Mastery doesn't have to be the best stat for every spec in the game, and it's not like mastery is completely terrible for us either. It's only slightly behind crit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Mastery doesn't have to be the best stat for every spec in the game, and it's not like mastery is completely terrible for us either. It's only slightly behind crit for me.
    Yet mastery seems to be proportionately higher on drops than any other stat. And it's not as though Mastery is a stat that is not the best but not awful. For a ret pally you want to avoid mastery like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Haram View Post
    Yet mastery seems to be proportionately higher on drops than any other stat. And it's not as though Mastery is a stat that is not the best but not awful. For a ret pally you want to avoid mastery like the plague.
    Absolutely not true. You will still always want at least some mastery. If you avoid it like the plague, then its value will eventually rise to equal or above some of the other secondaries.

Mastery also peaks in value as targets are added - on any fight with two target cleave, Mastery will shoot up due to the J/DS damage (assume you've got some DS traits filled out) being put out. It also outright beats Haste/Vers when you're at 4 targets with Greater Judgment - so it's actually not a bad stat for Mythic+ and bosses with AoE phases.

is it just me, or numbers are the same?

ret seems in a very good place now

Anxious to see logs after the buff. Playing mm ATM cuz we need range but it's pretty boring thinking of changing to
    Ret

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    For the younger audience here:

Ret paladin raiding experience in 40 man:

buff buff buff buff buff buff buff buff ...... and when you were done buffing you had to start all over as the buffs dropped. ( but then again caster specs were also using their Wand, yes .. the Wand , waiting for mana to regen)

Never forget this, the real reason why paladin was the best class in WoW:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...before-you-did
    I played a Warlock in Vanilla. So many soul stones...

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedseraph View Post
    Anxious to see logs after the buff. Playing mm ATM cuz we need range but it's pretty boring thinking of changing to
    Ret
    Needs more Faith in the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Taven View Post
    Turned out well for Tirion.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Turned out well for Tirion.
    His mistake was asking for ONE final blessing. Amateur hour in the Crusade...*tears up*

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    I noticed EXACTLY this, my numbers are nearly the exact same

uh yea i don't feel any stronger still doing shit dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Taven View Post
    Put your face in delight!

warcraftlogs.com/reports/HLXwVWxG9DFqZtYK#fight=16&type=damage-done is this real life?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkadzum View Post
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/HLXwVWxG9DFqZtYK#fight=16&type=damage-done is this real life?

22% uptime on retribution kinda explains it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I noticed EXACTLY this, my numbers are nearly the exact same
    I've also noticed no difference at all.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    After yesterday's run, numbers are definitely not the same.

Deleted
    Just to clarify, something is completely broken. Warcraftlogs is full ok retribution palas pulling up to 500k single target dps with templers verdict alone being around 220k dps alone.

One of many examples:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done