Deleted

[MW] Mana tea vs focused thunder for raiding

Hey monks,

I have a hard time deciding which talent i should choose for raiding. Mana tea or focussed thunder and would be glad for some input about which talent you use and why you use it. At the moment im running with focused thunder but im only using it for 2 free vivifys every 30sec because im always running low on mana. Would mana tea be better in this case? What do you use?

Best wishes!

If you are having to use all your FT for vivify for mana, then I would use mana tea. I would think FT would be better only when mana isn't much of an issue. I have seen some impressive parses with monks having FT talent, but they are getting fed innervates. Our healing leader is a resto druid and is taking all the innervates /sadface.

you honestly shouldnt have any mana issues. even on vagina boss which took us 9m to kill i had no mana issues and still had a 90% parse

7+ Year Old Account
    I use Focused Thunder and only use my tea on ReM spreading. Occasionally on an instant EnvMist

with mana tea tea you will cast 7 vivify (sure it depends on haste too which should be high on raiding builds) which saves you the mana cost of 3.5 vivify per 1.5 minutes
    while with focused thunder you save one vivify per half minute which is 3 vivify per 1.5 minutes.

I use FT because I find it practically better because the raid will be at full health before you cast the 7 vivify while mana tea is active.

At least this is how i see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel it depends on the fight for me. If its a stacked fight, I'll take mana tea and RJW. Pop mana tea, pop RJW and spam EF. If its a spread fight, I'll take FT for the free vivify. I hardly ever use it on ReM as it makes you go OoM faster. And the instant EnM is a waste of it I feel, unless its a holy crap they are gonna die thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to end fights with 60% mana or so. I've also been using crane a bit, and noticed that it gives me around 3 times as much mana back as a mana pot, if I do a bit of deeps. Which isn't that bad, really.

I do prefer Mana Tea for raiding, though. Makes periods of high damage a lot more forgiving on mana.
    Hi