Thread: yahoo hacked!

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy yahoo hacked!

http://fortune.com/2016/09/22/yahoo-hack-qa/
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...each/90824934/
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/23/te...kers.html?_r=0
    this development is scary. so many accounts breached. half a billion. lots of people will have to reset their passwords,etc.
    lucky i don't have a yahoo account. what is your guys opinion on this development?
    biggest hack in history. sources say it's from some sort of military based group from china, north korea, or russia.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I think it sucks...

Wait what in the flying fuck...the hack happen in 2014.

Yahoo said on Thursday that information for at least 500 million user accounts was stolen from its network in 2014 by what it believed was a state-sponsored actor, a theft that appeared to the biggest cyber breach ever.
    Yahoo should be sued for waiting so god dam long to say something.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-26 at 03:56 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    what's yahoo

Oh god, now people will have access to all the spam Yahoo refuses to filter for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think it sucks...

Wait what in the flying fuck...the hack happen in 2014.

they didn't even know they had been hacked until a couple weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Mayer/Clinton 2020?

We'll keep your emails safe.
    i wouldn't trust a draenei with my emails.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yahoo is worth next to nothing now, you might get $3 from a class action lawsuit. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i wouldn't trust a draenei with my emails.
    I wouldn't trust a blood elf with my emails either, luckily neither Clinton or Trump is a blood elf. That we know of...DUN DUN DUNNNN

10+ Year Old Account
    they didn't even know they had been hacked until a couple weeks ago..
    They knew two years ago, they went out of their way to hide it until just recently.

It's technically old news, since it has already come and gone in damage. Now it's just becoming public.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    They knew two years ago, they went out of their way to hide it until just recently.

It's technically old news, since it has already come and gone in damage. Now it's just becoming public.
    thats odd one of the articles said they didn't know until like 2 weeks ago. that is truly disturbing.
    this makes me wonder what other companies may be hacked that we don't know about that they know are hacked.

well... that explains why despite changing passwords my e-mail keeps getting used for spam >_> and yeah yeah, I know change your e-mail already, I have a non yahoo account, its just that Ive had that particular one for so long that moving completely to different service is just... too damn time consuming and work intensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maaanwell View Post
    Would you two just smash already an get it over with
    ewww. that sounds disgusting sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    this makes me wonder what other companies may be hacked that we don't know about that they know are hacked.
    As a veteran of the tech industry, my feelings on the matter are basically this: Lots have. Security is largely useless or theatrical. You can keep the spam/annoying stuff out, but if someone wants your stuff or identity, they can and will get it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Maaanwell View Post
    Would you two just smash already an get it over with
    No thanks, I'm dating someone. Also I don't cavort with unsavory types like fel-addicted blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Lots have. Security is largely useless or theatrical. You can keep the spam/annoying stuff out, but if someone wants your stuff or identity, they can and will get it.
    kinda like airplane crashes. they happen, but the odds of it happening to you specifically are so low, they shouldnt stop you from taking a flight.

hacking me specifically wont yield people anything of real value, therefore i dont really sweat it. if a large company was/is hacked will likely have little impact on me directly, and if its any larger there would be some sort of reimbursement down the road.

there is the possibility of getting royally screwed by a hack, but again, the odds of that happening to me specifically is not high enough to cause me serious concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

good thing it only took yahoo 2 years to confess, what a trash site.

Deleted
    I remember this company from the 1990's!

Last thing I read about it was that the CEO was completely incapable of running a company.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    what's yahoo
    It's the company that declined to buy Google because they didn't think it was going anywhere :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I remember this company from the 1990's!

Last thing I read about it was that the CEO was completely incapable of running a company.
    The new CEO (2012 ) tried to do everything she can to save Yahoo.
    But it's something hard to do.

And it look like She know about it since July.
    but she hide the info till she fix everything before she release it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Oh god, now people will have access to all the spam Yahoo refuses to filter for me.
    I can tell you are a busy man.

Yahoo holds like 25% of Alibaba. That's worth $28 billion dollars and climbing.

Investing in Alibaba was the best thing Yahoo ever did.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland