Deleted

Would a free artifact re-roll make it up if the nerf goes live?

This is not just for Shadow priest, but all classes if they recived an artifact nerf, people have grinded many hours to get to certain traits and for people like me who got Mass Hysteria, and there is a LONG way to call of the void if you went MH.

So would it be fair to reset the artifacts, with our currently artifact power we collected, to be can adjust to the changes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Mh is still an insane dps boost and way more than the other shitty 2. So no. The only thing that that would make up for it are to lessen the nerfs.

Would it be fair? No. Lots of people wish they had gone a different path for various reasons. Did blizzard give you back JP/VP or let you trade your weapon drop for something else?

No one forced you to play a certain spec/class and abuse abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Its not about abusing anything, would I have went that way if i knew they were gonna nerf it? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Its not about abusing anything, would I have went that way if i knew they were gonna nerf it? Nah.
    So MH still being the highest DPS increase trait you wouldn't go for that one first? Sounds like you have some wrong information to believe that the trait isn't worth getting first still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xabris View Post
    So MH still being the highest DPS increase trait you wouldn't go for that one first? Sounds like you have some wrong information to believe that the trait isn't worth getting first still.
    I definitely go for the highest damage trait, without a doubt. If its still the highest damage increase i suppose its all good but rather a little sad.
    It's utter crap then i would feel a little angry about putting the efford into getting that trait, and blizzard decides to ruin it.

No, it never worked like that, and Blizzard don't give a flying fuck about you investing your time in things they are nerfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    "Abuse", rofl.

Hey guys, we have a mage visitor, say hello!
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Some artifact points that were 100% optional and out of the way have been nerfed by 70% or more. A respec costs around ~60k - 105k AP, i think it's more than fair.

In earlier expansions they used to wipe out everybodies talent trees when they did balance patches like this to save them the trouble of going to a city and paying a few gold.. what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    No, it never worked like that, and Blizzard don't give a flying fuck about you investing your time in things they are nerfing.
    Actually they did give free respecs for talents in the past and an argument can definitively be made for talents and artefact traits being comparable.
    I'a even go so far as to say in cases where in the past they would have offered a free talent reset free artefact respecs should be offered for sure.

Spell changes and patches are supposed to make the game more fair, more interesting; they aren't supposed to punish people for playing by the rules just so some other players can feel a sense of vengeance and validation for not being lucky or smart the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Actually they did give free respecs for talents in the past and an argument can definitively be made for talents and artefact traits being comparable.
    I'a even go so far as to say in cases where in the past they would have offered a free talent reset free artefact respecs should be offered for sure.

Spell changes and patches are supposed to make the game more fair, more interesting; they aren't supposed to punish people for playing by the rules just so some other players can feel a sense of vengeance and validation for not being lucky or smart the first time around.
    Well, you see the problem is for every person who wants more accessability and useability there are 10 fucking elitist nolifers who whine non-stop about how chioces should matter, how everything has became boring without penalties for wrong choices and stuff like that. Guess for whom Blizzard will bend over like they always do, for the silent majority or for the loud minority?

Also, comparing talents reset which costed nothing but a small sum of gold even in the good days of old, to a system which was designed around players investing hundreds of hours of time and effort is just wrong.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well, you see the problem is for every person who wants more accessability and useability there are 10 fucking elitist nolifers who whine non-stop about how chioces should matter, how everything has became boring without penalties for wrong choices and stuff like that. Guess for whom Blizzard will bend over like they always do, for the silent majority or for the loud minority?

Also, comparing talents reset which costed nothing but a small sum of gold even in the good days of old, to a system which was designed around players investing hundreds of hours of time and effort is just wrong.
    Exactly, thus artefact resets after major changes to the traits should be a thing.
    There are no wrong and right choices in this regard, we cannot require clairvoyance regarding futur patches to choose artefact traits.
    If someone made a correct choice and becomes worse due to a patch then that is not a failure on part of the player and thus punishment of the player for that choice should be avoided.

The argument wasn't that talents respecs and artefact respecs are the same thing, but that changing talents was much less punitive and thus artefact respecs should definively be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    So would it be fair to reset the artifacts, with our currently artifact power we collected, to be can adjust to the changes?
    This would be acceptable if you remained the same class. If you plan to change classes, then you also need to get a boost to your research work orders on your new character.

What other trait would you pick? All our other gold traits are mostly garbage (and getting worse with the nerf) and MH is still by far the most dps out of all traits.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    What other trait would you pick? All our other gold traits are mostly garbage (and getting worse with the nerf) and MH is still by far the most dps out of all traits.
    I'd put it all into holy/disc at this point.

If most recent sims are right, then i'll be sitting on the bench as shadow, fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'd put it all into holy/disc at this point.

If most recent sims are right, then i'll be sitting on the bench as shadow, fun times.
    They will never let you move AP from one spec to another. At best they will give a reset of the artifact so you can spend the AP again.(which DH I believe could use if the hotfix goes live).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Would it be fair? No. Lots of people wish they had gone a different path for various reasons. Did blizzard give you back JP/VP or let you trade your weapon drop for something else?

So StM was abused? What...? I don't even... People used it exactly as intended, not our fault Blizzard creates an unbalanceable talent which then becomes a problem.
    Things that would make this nerf ok:
    - Redesign StM completely
    - Buff/redesign our other 100 talents
    We would still have aoe and ramp up issues but those 2 points would turn this nerf into a good thing.