Casual PVP: State of Holy?

I am mostly playing wpvp, Casual BGs and some low rating arena with friends and family.
    I am pondering leveling a Holy Paladin, for the gameplay enabled by the L50 talent that lets you melee and heal.

Can I some feedback on whether that is a viable option for BGs? I am worried about the recent healer damage nerf and feedback that Melee Holy Paladins hit like a wet noddle now, cancelling the whole point of the build. I’m looking for feedback to help decide whether I want to invest the time to test this out.

If Holy would not be that fun, I’d prob go Destro Lock if you have some feedback on that too

10+ Year Old Account
    ALL healers are in a good place right now in PvP.

HPally is good and pretty much immortal 1v1.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    ALL healers are in a good place right now in PvP.

HPally is good and pretty much immortal 1v1.
    I answered this question in the paladin forums so I won't restate myself.

Saverem basically summed it up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I answered this question in the paladin forums so I won't restate myself.

Saverem basically summed it up though.
    hpally is in a good spot.

But I mean, holy priests are pretty far behind every healer right now as they just flop in arena, theres only 2 holy priests on the ladder right now. Disc is in a very unique spot and can easily be replaced by other healers as they do just about everything in a better way, they work in high tempo comps and thats about it. (RMP mostly. Maybe beast-cleave and cupid but both work better with a MW atm). To say all healers are in a good spot is not entirely true.

You should know healing as a Holy Paladin changes a lot based entirely on your very last honor talent unlocked.

hpal are solid. Every healer is good atm and has their niche.