Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    People are lazy / dont have time to do normal mode and are demanding they get the skin for doing LFR
    And to be really honest, even if you don't have time (i am one of those), you can easily join a pug from LFG and if you spam invitation you will get inside (if you have a decent ilvl, and with WQ and mythic dg is really easy).
    Once inside it's like a lottery, like any other matchmaking system game: if you are LUCKY you will clear it, if not, just try again.
    I don't really get all those complains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so your saying your so casual, 2 raid teirs from now, at the end of the expansion you STILL wont be able to pug normal emerald nightmare?
    I've already raided normal nightmare, what I'm saying is I can't do it every bloody week.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    There is still one elephant in the room: No matter how easy normal is, it requires either organisational time which many people don't have (like in my case), or some kind of experience of running a raid, which again some people don't have (which I have from TBC and Wrath, but I have not been a raid leader since then), or people don't want to put up with guild or PUG drama (again, my case - my guild is too small for any kind of a raid, we are only enough for a 5 man group).

I have to look for a group in the finder, because I CANNOT make my own and CANNOT have guild runs. First, there are not many of them in the LFD, this will possibly get better some weeks later, but possibly not. Second, though I have a decent item level (845) and have successfully run some mythic0 dungeons (when I could find the time and was lucky to get a group - since I am the only one in my guild with an item level which is sufficient for mythic dungeons), I get declines for mythic0 and normal raids most of the time, and then I just decide I have better things to do.

We got legendarys out of LFR in 2 expansions. It took us at least double as long, I guess, at least because of LFR availability gating. Why is it now not OK to get an artifakt quest chain out of LFR, especially if the only difficulty in Normal is the organisation, but not the fights themselves?
    The questline requires you to get both 30 essence and to kill Xavius on normal. This means, that you don't have to clear the instance in 1 go at any time. You can join a raiding group, kill 1 boss and leave again right after. This takes about 30 min and requires little planning. So yes, it will take a very long time to get the artifact skin if you don't have time to run a full raid, but you are still able to get it There are even groups, who are pugging extra players for Xavius, because they feel like they stand a better chance of killing him with more players. Last expansion, i got the moose mount by joining a "only archimonde left, need tank" group, which killed him on heroic. There are 100s of groups, who are every day looking for healers, tanks and dps for their raids. They just need people, who can do their job and require only an acceptable itemlvl (835 for normal- 845 for heroic).

So if you don't have the time to do organised raiding with a guild or do an entire clear in a single night, then you still arent locked out from raiding. Aim for easy bosses each week and get your 1-2 essence within each lockout. After 1-2 months, just before the opening of Nighthold, join a group for Xavius. Even if you aren't totally overgearing the content, other players will. So if you are willing to just wait, then this quest-line will become very easy to get, even if you are having a hard time joining "progression" groups
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If there's a PvP one why shouldn't there be a PvE one?
    The PVP one is achievable through normal PVP, it doesn't require you to be in a high ranking arena team or anything.

People are lazy / dont have time to do normal mode and are demanding they get the skin for doing LFR
    no probably most lfr raider chose it to avoid being in guild with people like you, less stressful gaming session > any reward
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Aside from it looking cool, it's the principle, I don't really care that I will have something awesome that the majority of players will be blocked form getting, it doesn't make me feel any special, it doesn't help my character progression, it's a cosmetic and should be available to all as advertised.

Actually you can, raiding is the highest level of PVE, by comparison the highest level of PVP is... ranked arena? By contrast the PVP skin requires just doing random battlegrounds or better (the equivalent of running normal/heroic dungeons via LFD).
    Yeah but you can't OVERGEAR a ranked arena (that's why it's not required for PvP skin), but you CAN do it in PvE, i mean you cuold clear Highmaul normal blind with Taanan or HFC LFR gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    What i like about people saying they dont have time to do normal raids and thus stay with lfr, is that from all the lfr i did over the years, a full lfr clear is always much much longer then doing it in an organized raid. My guild just cleared normal EN tonight in 2 hours. With lfr you will wait more then 2 hours just to get in
    do you really need it to be pointed out to you that your guild clear time is compeletely irrelevant when this discussion is about pugs ? there are pugs that can wipe on the first 2-3 Normal bosses for hours and then fall apart without killing them

LFR wont fall apart, its a queue and you get determination stacks

With lfr you will wait more then 2 hours just to get in
    (1) queue as tank/healer .. furthermore while in the queue you arent bound to a raid like in LFG
    (2) plenty of LFG pugs also take a long time to fill and get organized and started

Deleted
    So what if the artifact is the main selling point, A skin doesn't make you more powerful now does it? If there's a PvP one why shouldn't there be a PvE one?
    There should be a pve one. But LFR is pve as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The PVP one is achievable through normal PVP, it doesn't require you to be in a high ranking arena team or anything.
    The PVP one is achievable through PvE only.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And that's what I do. It would be better if I could raid any other day as well, but I don't have hours to try to join a group then wait for the some more players for the quitters and after 5 hours giving up with Nythendra, Heart and Ursoc. Becasue suffocating in my own blood and is more fun than that.
    Well, that is the trial and error which follows with raiding I have for more then proberly 50 raidnights been wiping from start to end, not getting anywhere. That is part of raiding and some can't take it, i understand, but that is one of the things you have to get over if you want to get the rewards, which raiding provides.

And as it is with nearly all trial and error, you might completly fail on 1 night, but you might also get 1 group which carries you to a full clear with 0 wipes The chances are always there
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    no probably most lfr raider chose it to avoid being in guild with people like you, less stressful gaming session > any reward
    ? What have i said that people wouldn't like me? All i said is that there are people who are too lazy to pug EN Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You can get it without stepping foot in a BG,Arena. Just do the PVP world quests.
    This response is so ironic that it can treat anemia. Wow.

Aside from it looking cool, it's the principle, I don't really care that I will have something awesome that the majority of players will be blocked form getting, it doesn't make me feel any special, it doesn't help my character progression, it's a cosmetic and should be available to all as advertised.
    Please, show us the official post that said every artifact skin will be available to everyone. I'll wait.
    Last edited by Propainn; 2016-09-28 at 09:22 AM.

? What have i said that people wouldn't like me? All i said is that there are people who are too lazy to pug EN Normal.
    you can be lazy if you don't go out and find a job, when talking about an hobby like game there is nothing like "being lazy" you use that word just to offend peoples.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Yeah but you can't OVERGEAR a ranked arena (that's why it's not required for PvP skin), but you CAN do it in PvE, i mean you cuold clear Highmaul normal blind with Taanan or HFC LFR gear.
    So what you're saying is that if people just wait until the end of the expansion they will then be able to get a skin for the artefact they won't be using next expansion? Awesome.

Seriously does the fact that the reasoning sounds so stupid not imply how stupid Blizzard's decision here is? In WoD you could get the legendary ring from LFR and that was the most powerful item in the game. The artefact skin by comparison is purely cosmetic and yet Blizzard ave decided to bar the majority of their paying customers form obtaining it for absolutely no good reason.

At no point when they were touting Legion did they say that some of the artefact skins would be blocked from regular players, hell the PVP one is available to PVE players who never PVP lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    There should be a pve one. But LFR is pve as well.
    While LFR is PvE it was intended to be a stepping stone to get you into normal mode raiding. Everyone has tools to get into a pug, LFG In-game, Trade Chat, OpenRaid. there's loads of tools but if you're simply to lazy to put in some amount of effort and time to get a skin that you want then you don't really deserve it do you? Also, You will have Mythic raiders in LFR to get Augment runes, When that happens, I see alot of people just afk while the mythic raiders do all the work.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont give a fk about skins, let us see the quests/story lines in LFR. Make the skins random drops in higher difficulties, dont tie them to quests.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should just make normal and heroic modes queable. It's not as if normal mode requires any more coordination or effort than LFR at this stage, and queable heroic might actually encourage players to try and improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you guys saying that you can 'easily' pug EN are full of shit. The raid is one week old, and it's sure as fuck not easy to pug. Not on my server atleast.

this feeling of entitlement people have towards every little thing that's in the game is just ridiculous. How come you think that just because it's there, you deserve it for minimal effort ? If you don't have the time to do real raids, fine. Why should you be rewarded with the same things that people get, who actually sacrifice time in order to get it ? You already get loot that's pretty much on par with the loot obtained for doing the most challenging aspects of the game, yet you want more. casuals...

Deleted
    Jesus christ this rustles my jimmies, the raid is easy to pug normal, i puged 2 cenarius and 1 xavius kill (as a melee dps may i add).
    Just put som effort in to it

the raid is easy to pug normal
    nope

and doing so 7-8 weeks in a row is very hard

^^