Page 47 of 140 FirstFirst ...
37
45
46
47
48
49
57
97
... LastLast
  1. #921
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I am very surprised you find organized raiding more nasty then LFR

    And a requirement for people to do average dmg/healing in a raid is not being nasty, it is just being honest.
    in lfr you can pretty much ignore chat and if someone become really unbearable you can drop group and re-queue, organized raid even pug are a pain in the ass especially after a whole day of work, I've seen peoples treated like shit in guilds who almost left wow, an hobby, due to the stupidity of peoples who think wow is a second job.
    Long life to lfr and the freedom it give to avoid the nasty being that littered wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

  2. #922
    Deleted
    pug normal. its very lfr

  3. #923
    Lightforged Draenei
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt Germany
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    It's an artifact appearance. Pretty much everyone tranamogs it anyway. If you care that much about the appearance then you'll do normal.
    Exactly I mogged the blade from naxx10 on my dk, wish the quest was doable in LFR though because story.

  4. #924
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    you can be lazy if you don't go out and find a job, when talking about an hobby like game there is nothing like "being lazy" you use that word just to offend peoples.
    This argument has always bugged me. If you build models as a hobby, but put no effort into them, they'll look like garbage. If you're happy with your work at the end of the day, awesome! Good for you man, that's all that matters.

    But would you get upset when you see the final product of a fellow hobbyist that actually put real effort into his model (decals, panel lines, sanding, and such)? What does it matter if you have to wait a tier or 2 to steamroll the content? Why do you have to get it early along with those that are actually willing to put in the effort? In this case, laziness is directly related to entitlement, 100%. You'd be hard pressed to find a convincing argument otherwise, as:

    -You can wait some time and complete the task with ease. Have patience, and think to yourself: Why do I feel entitled to get this early without actually trying?
    -The 'time constraint' argument goes out the window, as organization time is incredibly similar to the average LFR que times (outside of their immediate launch), combined with the fact that unorganized LFR runs generally take longer than organized runs of higher difficulties.

  5. #925
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So I get titles, Mythic tier sets, mounts, and ilvl 900 gear from LFR? It's not everything and you know it.
    Unleashed Monstrosities is easier than a normal 5 man, yet it awards an Artifact tint. So why couldn't I get the base skin from LFR, and all you elite über raiders can use the 15+ Mythic tint.
    No, you're not getting titles, tier sets or mounts and that's good in my opinion. Also artifact tints are something different than skins. I just like to think that its nice for people to be able to show off their skin, if they accomplished something that others didn't. I don't mind if LFR rewarded different colors for skins that are obtainable by non-raiding means.

  6. #926
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I know but the majority of player are because the skin has been paced behind an obstacle they cannot surpass.

    Yes, <20% of players usually clear a normal raid.
    "cannot"? I disagree. Perhaps they can't the first month or two but with the way gear always scales they'll have enough gear to ignore mechanics soon enough and get their reward.

    I don't see the problem with gating a cosmetic reward behind something slightly harder. People can decide if the reward is worth the perceived effort to get it.

  7. #927
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Nice strawman, until this debacle unfolded there had been no indication that the majority of players would be blocked from obtaining any of the artefact skins.
    That's not a strawman at all. You claimed that Blizzard 'advertised' it. It's now your job to prove your claim, or we can just disregard it.

    You made an assumption, and you were wrong.

  8. #928
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    No, you're not getting titles, tier sets or mounts and that's good in my opinion. Also artifact tints are something different than skins. I just like to think that its nice for people to be able to show off their skin, if they accomplished something that others didn't. I don't mind if LFR rewarded different colors for skins that are obtainable by non-raiding means.
    So I don't actually get everything from LFR then? All we want to get is a base Artifact appereance. And if you want to pull out your epeen everywhere you can use the mythic 15 or the glory recolor.

  9. #929
    Legendary! Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    6,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So I get titles, Mythic tier sets, mounts, and ilvl 900 gear from LFR? It's not everything and you know it.
    Unleashed Monstrosities is easier than a normal 5 man, yet it awards an Artifact tint. So why couldn't I get the base skin from LFR, and all you elite über raiders can use the 15+ Mythic tint.
    You are putting LFR up gainst mythic raiding, which is very wrong. We are talking about normal/heroic, which very often does not have titels, mounts and unique gear transmogs. Normal/heroic raiders have very rarely gotten anything other then higher item lvls then from other content, so it is nice that raiding on a normal lvl actually rewards you with something which might brand you as a raider

    Also, the jump from LFR to normal is not that insane. If you do LFR without feeling like you are getting carried, then people can easily go into normal aswell. There is nothing elite uber raider in that statement, only reason.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

    Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

  10. #930
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    8,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    That's not a strawman at all.
    Yes it is, instead of attacking my point you attacked a different one instead to give the impression of refuting mine, that's basically textbook straw.

  11. #931
    On one hand - no reason to do LFR ever which is nice. On the other hand - it'll take slightly longer to do Essence of Power which is not so nice. In the end it's just a skin and not one I particularly like so I'm fine with it.

  12. #932
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So I don't actually get everything from LFR then? All we want to get is a base Artifact appereance. And if you want to pull out your epeen everywhere you can use the mythic 15 or the glory recolor.
    You get plenty from doing LFR, are you serious? Character progression is available in the form of possible legendary drops, decent chunks of artifact power, full tier gear/trinkets, and the possibility of rolling up to the current ilvl cap at the time...

    ...you just don't get an extra artifact skin.

    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yes it is, instead of attacking my point you attacked a different one instead to give the impression of refuting mine, that's basically textbook straw.
    Your point was that Blizzard advertised all artifact appearances would be available to everyone, regardless of difficulty settings.

    They didn't. Point refuted. Next.

  13. #933
    Deleted
    So how long does a pug of EN normal mode take?
    I got 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week to have some quality Azerothian time.
    Will i be able to complete a pug in 3 hours time?

    Now if a pug cannot be completed in 3 hours (That includes either setting one up or joining one). I can sure do 1 wing of LFR in those 3 hours.
    And for that reason things like this should drop in LFR as well.

  14. #934
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Also, the jump from LFR to normal is not that insane. If you do LFR without feeling like you are getting carried, then people can easily go into normal aswell. There is nothing elite uber raider in that statement, only reason.
    As stated many times that is not the issue. I can do normal just fine. What I can't do is sit in front of my computer for hours not doing anthing because pugs are fukin ridiculus.

  15. #935
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    8,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Your point was that Blizzard advertised all artifact appearances would be available to everyone, regardless of difficulty settings.
    No it wasn't, my point was that Blizzard advertised all artefact appearances to everyone with no indication that they were planning on putting in roadblocks to prevent the majority of players from obtaining some of them.

  16. #936
    Fluffy Kitten xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says,I'm sorry but not being able to do the two Artifact Quests in LFR is bullshit.

    The two quests I am talking about is In Nightmares and Essence of Power. These quests from what I been reading can not be completed in LFR.

    I tweeted blizzard to confirm and will post the reply when and if I get it.

    If that is the case then that is total bullshit. They are making NM+ raiding a requirement for people to progress there Artifact Quest Chain.

    Edit: Also no where does it state on the quests you need to do NM+ to finish them.
    It is for a COSMETIC REWARD. It in no way makes you character stronger, if you want to be pretty make a normal group, if you don't care how it looks quit whining.

    I personally don't think the best loot should be available on the easiest mode. If you don't like that mentality don't play this genre of game.
    Véx

    Coming back for Shadowlands, lfg m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

  17. #937
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    No, you're not getting titles, tier sets or mounts and that's good in my opinion. Also artifact tints are something different than skins. I just like to think that its nice for people to be able to show off their skin, if they accomplished something that others didn't. I don't mind if LFR rewarded different colors for skins that are obtainable by non-raiding means.
    so you are greedy asking more and more, gear, mounts, titles, skin until we arrive at thing like karazan who isn't queueable at all basically an entire patch dedicated to non queuable thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

  18. #938
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post

    Now if a pug cannot be completed in 3 hours (That includes either setting one up or joining one). I can sure do 1 wing of LFR in those 3 hours.
    And for that reason things like this should drop in LFR as well.
    Sorry to break it to you but they don't base all their design decisions around whats most convenient for you.

  19. #939
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    It is for a COSMETIC REWARD. It in no way makes you character stronger, if you want to be pretty make a normal group, if you don't care how it looks quit whining.

    I personally don't think the best loot should be available on the easiest mode. If you don't like that mentality don't play this genre of game.
    It's not the best loot. You just said so yourself. It's only cosmetic. Why are the "real" raiders so upset that other people can get an artifact apperance?

  20. #940
    Saying 'just do normal' is asinine. The majority of the MMO market doesn't want to do normal raiding. They have never wanted to do normal raiding. They actively dislike normal raiding and prefer to avoid it. People subscribe to an MMORPG to enjoy themselves. When you say 'now you have to go do the thing you actively dislike doing' they go 'fuck that why would I pay to be made to do something I don't even like doing, maybe I'll go play a different game'. And nowadays there is enough competition in the online games market that it's easy to go play a different game. Which is why designing your game to be like that is dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •