Page 51 of 140 FirstFirst ...
41
49
50
51
52
53
61
101
... LastLast
  1. #1001
    I like LFR. I really do, i think it has an important place in WoW.
    But crying because you can't complete a COSMETIC quest in LFR and needing to do normal is such a bullshit. Just pug it. It ain't hard.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

  2. #1002
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    They are easily accessed, by doing normals. You have to work just a little bit instead of being given it for free via LFR.
    there is nothing easy about pugging EN for a few months in a row when you dont want to do it except for the skin


    you get the first 2 base skins just by leveling and progressing the basic story - now thats easy ^^

    some of the hidden base skins also are

  3. #1003
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    because on top of everything you get from higher difficulties you never be satisfied, that because the ultimate goal is to remove lfr.
    I don't even know what you want to tell me, or if you have understood a word that I've said before. I'll just withdraw from this thread and leave you whining kids to it.
    I just hope Blizzard will never approximise the different loottables from LFR and the rest of the raids. Do easy content - get crappy loot. Be allowed to see the content, experience the lore - and be content. You want more ? Accomplish more!

  4. #1004
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    They're not asking for anything, Blizzard determined how the skins would be obtained. You're the one asking for something.

    Btw, by "getting more" did you mean a chance for legendary drops, chance to roll loot to the current max ilvl of mythic gear, full tier sets, and trinkets? Oh wait, sorry, that's also LFR. I guess Mythic gets a title and mount? But normal and heroic really don't have all that much incentive over LFR atm. I think you're just a bit biased on the subject to realize that objectively.

    Like I said earlier when someone brought up hobbies: if you don't put effort into your models, they'll look shittier than those of someone who does.
    all the thing you posted have an higher chance to happen the more difficult the content you do, legs drop more likely in mythic than lfr, the chance to have a piece titanforged to max ilvl in lfr is the same as to win the lottery; titles and mount aren't mythic only the meta mount is not obtainable in lfr but is from normal onward, titles same.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

  5. #1005
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyze View Post
    Gear can titan forge to mythic levels.
    What is the difference between a artifact skin and mounts and titles?
    You cannot count on luck. Thinking that people will walk out of one LFR run with BiS titanforged gear is quite off the reality.

  6. #1006
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    there is nothing easy about pugging EN for a few months in a row when you dont want to do it except for the skin
    You have a reason to do it, if the reason isn't enough don't do it
    Your entitlement blows my mind

    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    You cannot count on luck. Thinking that people will walk out of one LFR run with BiS titanforged gear is quite off the reality.
    My point is that it is possible, even tho the chance are about 1/1000000000000 (10% per 5 levels of warforge)

  7. #1007
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyze View Post
    How hard do you think normal is, have you done it?
    is so hard that a bad random pug will wipe on hours on it and then disband after 1-2 kills

    of course, most posters here have never seen such pugs ^^ and dont really know what a true casual WoW player can or cannot do in a pug raid

  8. #1008
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    if you lucky & get into a good experienced pug - yes

    otherwise no
    As que times increase (as they always have, and will), do you really expect to finish all 3 wings in less than that? Once 30 min ques come back around for DPS (which the majority of players are), there will be almost no difference in time between setting up a run on your own, or wasting time fapping in LFR ques. Hell, with how bad some LFR groups can be compared to an organized normal raid, you will very likely finish normal clears in a shorter time frame than all LFR wings.

    The only real difference is that the latter requires a modicum of effort.

  9. #1009
    Deleted
    OP this is probably Blizz way to put an incentive from normal mode onwards for raiding, which isn't a bad thing as it can play in a form of character progression, this puts a good additional middle ground that uses relevant content, at least its not locked to mythic.

    For a long while, a lot of mmos which also includes WoW have diluted incentives for non organised groups to enter more progressive content other then entering the bare minimum which is LFR, I do applaud Blizz for providing something that people actually like to grind out pour into at least normal mode raiding.

  10. #1010
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This, blizzard really messed up by making the base skin for that row require non-LFR raiding, it should have been the dungeon one that was base or the world boss one.
    tbh this would be easily solved instantly if they just made the base Valorous skin - from world bosses and the recolor - from Balance of Power

  11. #1011
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyze View Post
    How hard do you think normal is, have you done it?
    Yes we know your guild finished it in 1 hour. Now can you stop repeating that? We are not talking about a good guild. We are talking about pugs. 80% of the time everyon ragequits after the 5th wipe on Nythendra. The other 20% is great. So 1 out of 5 weeks you will be able to do it. The other month, you're out of luck.

  12. #1012
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    But apparently appearance is important for "real" raiders.
    Jesus, talk about being a hypocrite.
    Why do raiders care if others get it, its just an apperance!!!

    Meanwhile, you're crying about raiders getting a special apperance, just like PvP:ers do.


    Seriously, join a group through LFG or create your own. Yes, theres certain groups that got weird requirements, but guess what, theres group that just invites based off of your ilvl

  13. #1013
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    8,331
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    That must be the most ridiculous thing I've read the entire day.
    There are four skins on that row, one requires doing dungeons (something all PVE players do), one requires killing world bosses (something most PVE players do), one requires mythic dungeons (something a lot of PVE players do) and the last requires doing non-LFR raiding (something ~18% of PVE players do).

    The non-LFR raiding one is the base skin for that row meaning it must be unlocked in order to unlock any of the others.

    Do you see the problem now?

  14. #1014
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    all the thing you posted have an higher chance to happen the more difficult the content you do, legs drop more likely in mythic than lfr, the chance to have a piece titanforged to max ilvl in lfr is the same as to win the lottery; titles and mount aren't mythic only the meta mount is not obtainable in lfr but is from normal onward, titles same.
    As they should. Increased difficulty=increased reward (especially when talking about organized vs queable), that should be common sense. Adding a skin to incentivize those doing N and H over LFR is hardly ruining your game experience.
    Last edited by Propainn; 2016-09-28 at 10:24 AM.

  15. #1015
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Yes we know your guild finished it in 1 hour. Now can you stop repeating that? We are not talking about a good guild. We are talking about pugs. 80% of the time everyon ragequits after the 5th wipe on Nythendra. The other 20% is great. So 1 out of 5 weeks you will be able to do it. The other month, you're out of luck.
    My guild is shit, and i've pugged bosses.

  16. #1016
    The Lightbringer Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    3,617
    Honestly, the fact they require a normal or higher raid for a skin, doesn't bother me. The fact Mythic Dungeons are required for a skin is more bothersome, because I have no desire to do a Mythic Dungeon, but I want the skin that is locked behind it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    So how long does a pug of EN normal mode take?
    I got 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week to have some quality Azerothian time.
    Will i be able to complete a pug in 3 hours time?

    Now if a pug cannot be completed in 3 hours (That includes either setting one up or joining one). I can sure do 1 wing of LFR in those 3 hours.
    And for that reason things like this should drop in LFR as well.
    Depends how good the group is, In all honesty, You can clear EN Normal in 3 hours with ease.

  18. #1018
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    A lot of people seem to be missing why this is such a big problem so here's a quick explanation:

    • In order to unlock a colour variant of a skin you have to first unlock the "base" version of that skin.
    • For some reason the hardest PVE skin to obtain is the "base" skin for the 3rd skin tree.
    • This means that in order to obtain the skin for killing some world bosses or the two skins for doing some dungeons, the player must first obtain the skin for raiding which isn't available through LFR.
    • This puts that entire row of skins out of reach for the majority of players (<20% of players raid normal).

    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.
    This is where you are wrong, the hardest PvE skins to obtain are the third and fourth color for the 3rd skin. Finishing a Mythic+15 Key and Glory of the Legion Hero are much harder than doing EN in Normal Mode.

    This Row is the "organized" PvE Row.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-09-28 at 10:26 AM.

  19. #1019
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    You can clear EN Normal in 3 hours with ease.
    with a good group you can, with a mediocre you cant, with a bad one you cant clear it at all

  20. #1020
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    They're not asking for anything, Blizzard determined how the skins would be obtained. You're the one asking for something.

    Btw, by "getting more" did you mean a chance for legendary drops, chance to roll loot to the current max ilvl of mythic gear, full tier sets, and trinkets? Oh wait, sorry, that's also LFR. I guess Mythic gets a title and mount? But normal and heroic really don't have all that much incentive over LFR atm. I think you're just a bit biased on the subject to realize that objectively.

    Like I said earlier when someone brought up hobbies: if you don't put effort into your models, they'll look shittier than those of someone who does.
    Hey let's run with the hobbies idea! Maybe I put just as much effort in for only a few hours a week. Shouldn't my model be just as good as yours but I just finish it later than you?

    The REALLY sad reality is that the people who do actually put in the effort and try in an LFR have often put in more time and more effort overall than those who look down on them with such disgust. I've lost count the number of times I've seen massively overgeared people in LFR and it's them that are afk and getting carried.

    Locking a skin that requires dungeons and another that just asks you to kill world bosses behind this is beyond dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •