Page 48 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    This argument has always bugged me. If you build models as a hobby, but put no effort into them, they'll look like garbage. If you're happy with your work at the end of the day, awesome! Good for you man, that's all that matters.

But would you get upset when you see the final product of a fellow hobbyist that actually put real effort into his model (decals, panel lines, sanding, and such)? What does it matter if you have to wait a tier or 2 to steamroll the content? Why do you have to get it early along with those that are actually willing to put in the effort? In this case, laziness is directly related to entitlement, 100%. You'd be hard pressed to find a convincing argument otherwise, as:

-You can wait some time and complete the task with ease. Have patience, and think to yourself: Why do I feel entitled to get this early without actually trying?
    -The 'time constraint' argument goes out the window, as organization time is incredibly similar to the average LFR que times (outside of their immediate launch), combined with the fact that unorganized LFR runs generally take longer than organized runs of higher difficulties.
    no i wouldn't get upset, i simply think blizzard have already purged enough from lfr there is no need to go even further unless their true reason is to try and balance lfr population because the participation have already surpassed all the other difficulties combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    No it wasn't, my point was that Blizzard advertised all artefact appearances to everyone with no indication that they were planning on putting in roadblocks to prevent the majority of players from obtaining some of them.
    Just wait a few weeks and people will start selling HC runs for gold, just like it has been with the HC Hellfire Mount. So there is in fact nothing blocking you

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    It's not the best loot. You just said so yourself. It's only cosmetic. Why are the "real" raiders so upset that other people can get an artifact apperance?
    Idk, why are you upset that you can't have it early with them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Sorry to break it to you but they don't base all their design decisions around whats most convenient for you.
    They shouldn't base all their design decisions around me.
    But they should make things like this obtainable for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    So how long does a pug of EN normal mode take?
    I got 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week to have some quality Azerothian time.
    Will i be able to complete a pug in 3 hours time?

Now if a pug cannot be completed in 3 hours (That includes either setting one up or joining one). I can sure do 1 wing of LFR in those 3 hours.
    And for that reason things like this should drop in LFR as well.
    Well 3 hours shuold be fine, because 90% of time is all or nothing with pugs. (and with a good pug you will clear all raid in 3 hours)

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

If that is the case then that is total bullshit. They are making NM+ raiding a requirement for people to progress there Artifact Quest Chain.

Edit: Also no where does it state on the quests you need to do NM+ to finish them.
    excuse me what? what "artifact quest chain" are you talking about? It is only to obtain one artifact skin? basically a transmog reward with only cosmetic value. You had to go through non lfr/random dungeon channels to do multiple mythic dungeons to do the previous step of the quest in the first place? Why should the next one be available in lfr? if you don't work for something, you don't get the reward, more than enough people in my guild who can't keep up with the raid times have killed heroic bosses on pugs already? Asking you to get off your ass to pug/join a guild to raid 1 night on normal to get a freaking cosmetic reward is too much to ask? God forbid they try to make a reward valuable and not dilute its value for once... this is why we cannot have nice things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazorexplosion View Post
    Saying 'just do normal' is asinine. The majority of the MMO market doesn't want to do normal raiding. They have never wanted to do normal raiding. They actively dislike normal raiding and prefer to avoid it. People subscribe to an MMORPG to enjoy themselves. When you say 'now you have to go do the thing you actively dislike doing' they go 'fuck that why would I pay to be made to do something I don't even like doing, maybe I'll go play a different game'. And nowadays there is enough competition in the online games market that it's easy to go play a different game. Which is why designing your game to be like that is dumb.
    But when the game says " now go raiding" and you say "no" then the game just goes "okay! We are fine with that. Just saying, there is some good rewards in doing the content, which we think is the best, but you can still do many other things in the game. And if you are not having fun anymore, then we are luckily a monthly subscriber game Just don't pay us the next month and we will keep your characters ready if you ever want to join again "

Blizzard like their raiding. They think it is the best thing about MMOs and so do many other succesfull MMOs aswell. But it is something hard to do, so they have to put in some reward for players to take the extra step.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    no i wouldn't get upset, i simply think blizzard have already purged enough from lfr there is no need to go even further unless their true reason is to try and balance lfr population because the participation have already surpassed all the other difficulties combined.
    So I guess you could say that you feel, dare I say, entitled?

It is obtainable by everyone, just need to put the time and effort.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people seem to be missing why this is such a big problem so here's a quick explanation:

• In order to unlock a colour variant of a skin you have to first unlock the "base" version of that skin.
    • For some reason the hardest PVE skin to obtain is the "base" skin for the 3rd skin tree.
    • This means that in order to obtain the skin for killing some world bosses or the two skins for doing some dungeons, the player must first obtain the skin for raiding which isn't available through LFR.
    • This puts that entire row of skins out of reach for the majority of players (<20% of players raid normal).

Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    It's not the best loot. You just said so yourself. It's only cosmetic. Why are the "real" raiders so upset that other people can get an artifact apperance?
    Because anything unique has a high value It is nice to get something good for doing something extra in the game. This cosmetic skin feels like a good reward

Again, people are not upset, that other players want their skin. It is that people want the skin, without really doing any hardship for it. LFR is very hated in large parts of the raiding community, so anything being availible in there lowers the value of doing raiding on a normal lvl.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    It is obtainable by everyone, just need to put the time and effort.
    But if you don't have the time it is not obtainable? So therefor it is not obtainable for everyone?

Deleted
    It is, the question is where do you draw the line for what should take effort and what should not

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    I am honestly a casual player. I pug all of my raids, Mostly Normal with a few Heroic kills, I usually skip the end boss of raids because I find it to be too much.

However EN is the first raid I have fully cleared (Normal mode) in current content. It is honestly not that difficult at all.
    Yes, I think they tuned Normal mode down from where it was in WoD (especially early WoD).

Get your gear level up to snuff and pug it, OP. The only thing putting this reward in normal+ is going to do is force you to wait a little longer to get it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    So I guess you could say that you feel, dare I say, entitled?
    entitled is who already get plenty and ask for more, when you get less than other and ask for a bit more isn't being entitled is defending your own rights. In this case the entitled ones are those who defend blizzard choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Because anything unique has a high value It is nice to get something good for doing something extra in the game. This cosmetic skin feels like a good reward

Again, people are not upset, that other players want their skin. It is that people want the skin, without really doing any hardship for it. LFR is very hated in large parts of the raiding community, so anything being availible in there lowers the value of doing raiding on a normal lvl.
    The only people that afk in LFR are the ones feeling entitled to it. "I already did normal so I won't move a pixel here, this is so below me."
    The people who do LFR do it because that is what they can do. And don't tell me that 25 people afk'ing can finish it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good change. People now have to actually play the game to get the items instead of just afking in LFR and let others do the job.
    Last edited by Kuul; 2016-09-28 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an MMO. The biggest one out there, and probably with the most diverse audience. There are multiple ways of enjoying your stay in the game, not everyone plays the same, and for 99.9% of you there will always be something in the game that you either can't, or don't want to reach or attain. Accept it. You are not paying to have everything in the game handed to you. Log out, get a single player game and use console cheat codes if that's what you want.

dud can i get this quote in my sign?

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    so you are greedy asking more and more, gear, mounts, titles, skin until we arrive at thing like karazan who isn't queueable at all basically an entire patch dedicated to non queuable thing.
    How exactly am I greedy ? Greedy is the exact thing that I assume every whiner in this thread is, for wanting to get everything via LFR. It's ridiculous! If it's too hard for you to PUG through normal mode raids, then so be it, you don't deserve the rewards of normal mode raiding. It's as simple as that. I'm glad they actually changed the item models to look like some junk and not like items from the actual content.
    If you work hard to clear certain encounters on certain difficulties, you just hate seeing some LFR guy with the exact same model transmogged. period.
    If you can't deal with the fact that not everything in life (not even in a video game) comes to you at 0 cost, that is probably your own problem.