It's just the "normal/heroic raiders" who tries to imply that there is a substantial difference between LFR, normal and heroic raids.
    Anyone who has played this game a few expansions, know how this tune goes.

But OP is right, its totally bullshit that you can't do the mentioned quests in LFR, completing the artifact should be more available than legendaries.

Throwing digressions about other difficulties is not discussing the OP's statement in any shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Sort of wondering why they haven't just removed LFR yet honestly, it doesn't seem like it serves any actual purpose anymore with how insanely easy normal is, how shitty the gear is, and how easy it is to find cross realm pugs.
    Its a good questions, and the only real answer is laziness/convenience.

toxic players make normal "hard", not the bosses ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because LFR still justfies raiding content and is the most used raid mode.

The fact it wasn't removed with legion (Perfect time to as well) proves this in spades.
    Thats not really an answer though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Why do you always have to act so insanely abrasive and insulting?
    Very little going on in his real life. Takes this videogame embarrassingly seriously. No real outlet for his frustrations. Makes an anonymous forum account for said videogame and rages at the unworthy.

Good ol WoW players.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    of course not

stats have been released many times which show LFR attendance is something like 70-80%, whereas normal and higher raiding - 20% or sub-20%

and obviously dungeons are more popular then normal+ raids, only a conceited snotty elitist raider would think otherwise ^^
    Like I just stated in one of my previous points: You can inflate and skew your results of LFR and dungeons being more popular because you don't have to take the time to create the group, spam trade to find other players, run to the instance.
    You can sit and afk queue in a major city and not once have to talk to another human being.
    Blizzard catered to people like you, and in fact, a Dev has publicly stated that OKing LFR was/is the biggest thing he regrets.

LFR has created a playerbase of entitled brats who want everything served to them on a silver platter.
    I for one am glad that they are starting to make players play the game it once was.
    Last edited by Veshx; 2016-09-28 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I think that's his point. Genuinely, the normal versions are very undertuned at the moment, more so than 10 man normal used to be back in WOTLK. It's going to be pretty easy to PUG normal at least, especially as players start to get a bit more gear.
    Sure, pugging normal once is easy, but this could take upwards of 10-20 runs where each week the ilvl requirement is getting higher and higher. It's going to be one huge fucking drain, both in time and will.

That's the main reason we still have LFR lol. Even in WOD when rewards was shit it was still the most played raid mode. Because it has 100% accessibility. You are not at the whims of the player base.

That is why all queable modes (LFD/LFR) have the highest player count use. WOD proved no matter how shit LFR is people will chose it over LFG because of the community factor.
    to be fair, WoD LFR had the legendary ring and augment runes (and later valor)

but yeah, otherwise, it had no tier or trinkets, had the shittiest looking gear and it was still popular

So you are saying blizzard lied?
    Your delusional to believe different.
    You've accused Blizzard of lying about things before.. if they would lie about THOSE things, why not THIS thing? Oh, because you believe them.. conformation bias at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Why do you always have to act so insanely abrasive and insulting?
    Just because you're some anonymous guy on the internet doesn't mean you have to talk down to people on the internet whom are strangers like they're human garbage, dawg. (Not just here, I've seen you do it in many topics. I'll never understand why that behavior is tolerated on MMOC) What keeps you from just saying "live and let live" without spouting off like that?

- - - Updated - - -

But then, statistics like that can't let insanely toxic people be toxic and hatefilled!
    I post like this when I am met with people being ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Its a good questions, and the only real answer is laziness/convenience.
    Because if people can't queue for it, they'll either not man up and do it, or just won't care to do it. It's why LFD got made. It's why LFR got made. It's the same sort of thinking why they removed teams from arena, too. All that sort of stuff. People just flat out don't wanna do things that involve either socialization or "applying" for anything, or put in a scenario where they can be too easily singled out and judged. That's probably why these things exist.

I AM NOT DEFENDING ANYTHING. I AM JUST STATING THE REALITY OF THINGS. NOR DO I THINK THIS IS A GOOD THING FOR AN MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Basically because it makes no sense that they are not, it's unusual/skewed. I mean, you have 5-6 rows, each with four columns. You unlock a row then you can begin unlocking columns, the fact that one row is not just significantly more punishing to unlock than the others plus some of it's own columns is just bizarre.

I'm not saying they should have kept the quest doable in LFR, but they should have either kept the quest doable in LFR or made one of the simpler more common unlocks the one that opens the tier.
    The world boss one is the only one you could even think to put in there, and that's just laughable for a full skin unlock. Completion rates for dungeon metas are much lower than normal+ raid participation, and mythic+15 will utterly destroy people who can't handle the "rigors" of normal raids.

Personally, I don't feel tagging and afking world bosses is worth a skin unlock, so they made it a trivial recolor in the organized group content tier.

you don't have to take the time to create the group, spam trade to find other players, run to the instance.
    You can sit and afk queue in a major city and not once have to talk to another human being.
    but thats the beauty of LFR ^^

although I do type plenty in LFD/LFR and its usually pretty chill and jokes and stuff

whereas the LFG groups are full of drama and srsns ^^

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Also, that 18% number for raiders is bull, FYI. Just checked, and Mythic Assault was downed by 13% of the playerbase according to the previous source I linked. That's a Mythic boss, so I'm sure Normal participation is/was FAR over 18%.
    IIRC 18% was the percentage of the player base that cleared flex* SoO, it rose to ~40% for normal HFC. The reason people commonly use the SoO numbers over the HFC ones is because the HFC numbers were hugely inflated due to the ring, and so they give a very skewed outlook compared to other raids.

*Flex was renamed normal in 6.0

That's the main reason we still have LFR lol. Even in WOD when rewards was shit it was still the most played raid mode. Because it has 100% accessibility. You are not at the whims of the player base.

That is why all queable modes (LFD/LFR) have the highest player count use. WOD proved no matter how shit LFR is people will chose it over LFG because of the community factor.

This is a fact you need to accept.
    LFR has a community factor? LFR is an ok excursion if you want a look at the raid or see the story progress but lets not pretend it's a real "raid mode". A good third of the players are normally AFK and another third aren't doing much more than auto-attack.

When they add quests or items to pick up in to LFR it just becomes a painful chore, like it did in MOP and WOD. Nobody actually WANTS to keep running LFR each week - it's not in any way a fun or enjoyable activity +it's a nightmare dealing with all the Asshats in there if you try and take it at all seriously.

Considering how easy normal is in now, I dread to think how faceroll LFR is.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    It's just the "normal/heroic raiders" who tries to imply that there is a substantial difference between LFR, normal and heroic raids.
    Anyone who has played this game a few expansions, know how this tune goes.

But OP is right, its totally bullshit that you can't do the mentioned quests in LFR, completing the artifact should be more available than legendaries.

Throwing digressions about other difficulties is not discussing the OP's statement in any shape or form.
    You can complete your artifact without that tint, fyi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Sure, pugging normal once is easy, but this could take upwards of 10-20 runs where each week the ilvl requirement is getting higher and higher. It's going to be one huge fucking drain, both in time and will.
    Why does the number of runs keep going up. On page ~30 it was five runs, now suddenly its 20 runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I post like this when I am met with people being ignorant.
    I wasn't being ignorant, though! Nor was anyone really being entirely ignorant on the subject you were replying to. But you do this.. you do this a lot, you lash out and treat people like shit for no real reason other than to treat people like shit.

You're making assumptions and pre-emptively trashing people. It's rude and insulting, especially when no one actually did it to you for you to respond in that way. Be nice, Jesus Christ. Weren't you ever taught the golden rule?

Completion rates for dungeon metas are much lower than normal+ raid participation
    nice comparison you got there

dungeon metas are meant to be compared to raid meta achis and there, the dungeon metas would have a far higher completion rate

same as dungeon generic participation is >> normal+ raids participation

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    but thats the beauty of LFR ^^

although I do type plenty in LFD/LFR and its usually pretty chill and jokes and stuff

whereas the LFG groups are full of drama and srsns ^^
    So there is beauty in being lazy and/or not making any contact with another human being in an MMORPG, which stands for Massivly MULTIPLAYER Online Roleplaying Game?
    Oh boy did you pick the wrong game.

Go back and play Skyrim if you want a single player game.