Good Shadow Priests - Please help me !

Hi guys,

I have been playing priest for many years and went shadow main spec in raids for Legion. I have raided in hardcore in the past, so I kind of know what I am doing. I have tried very hard on parsing at a high-percentile (equating to high damage) but I have not been able to pull the kind of damage some of the shadow's out there are pulling.

I am looking for any kind of help:

my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...kFNmG#fight=20 (please go through bosses, I especially suck at single target)
    my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%84hl/simple

stats:
    crit:17.62 % (i know, a lil low)
    Haste: 32.79%
    Mast: 39.91%

Running regular S2M talents. No legendaries or crafted gear.

I'd like if you focused on my single target damage and helped me improve it, please.
    I have done calculations based on stats weight (on twintop) for s2m and am wearing the most optimal gear that I have access to.
    I flask, prepot and 2nd pot. Augment rune sometimes. Activity time is up in 99%.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I'm low until StM then I shoot to top or top 3 if I can survive until the boss dies.

- - - Updated - - -

So pretty much you're gonna be lower until StM happens. After that it's all about keeping up insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenrahll View Post
    Mast: 39.91%
    Burn it. All of it. Do whatever you can to swap your mastery to haste/crit, versatility needs to go as well. This 20% of mastery is 2.5k wasted stat points, you could have an extra 7% crit or 7.5% haste!

Thanks for the reply guys.
    I am trying to switch around gear for better stats.

Do you guys see anything in logs that I can do better?

I just looked at your Ursoc fight. I don't see anything wrong with your rotation per se. First I would not have popped PI at the very start (this is a minor thing though). I would have waited when you are in your first voidform and after using void torrent so that you can stay a bit longer in voidform and benefit more from the haste. The biggest issue you have is popping s2m to late. In the Ursoc fight you could have easily popped s2m around 50% and with your haste you should easily reach 100 stacks of insanity in s2m. This is where most of our damage comes from and the reason is the synergy with our Mass hysteria trait which increases the dot dmg the longer you are in voidform (up to 200% I think... its huge) so at 100 stacks our dots are tripleing in dmg along with the insanity stacks... so much dmg. But yeah be more agressive with s2m its a little better to benefit fully from s2m and die for the last 5% of the boss than to being conservative, like in your case you only had 53 when the boss died. Hope this helps.