Low damage - combat spec.

Would anyone be able to tell me why i'm doing so little damage.
    I feel like i have the correct rotations but my damage output is incredibly low for my ilvl.
    Last edited by Havocxx; 2017-03-10 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    You have 1k vers, that might be the biggest issue. I didn't see anything particularly wrong on the Ursoc fight.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy View Post
    You have 1k vers, that might be the biggest issue. I didn't see anything particularly wrong on the Ursoc fight.
    What do you mean by 1k vers?

Quote Originally Posted by Havocxx View Post
    What do you mean by 1k vers?
    Basically, your gear doesn't have any Versatility on; you've been gearing for the wrong stats. Have you just been equipping stuff with higher ilvl instead of actually going for stats that are good for you?

Ya thats what i was informed of when i started playing the new expansion. I was told to go for the higher ilvl items, i also couldnt find any vers upgrade to replace current gear atm.

Deleted
    Ya thats what i was informed of when i started playing the new expansion. I was told to go for the higher ilvl items, i also couldnt find any vers upgrade to replace current gear atm.
    That its a very wrong thought. ilvl not allways means upgrade. U really should check the guides, and icy veins, and learn about your class,first off all.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is combat spec?
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookes View Post
    What is combat spec?
    It's the Outlaw spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    That its a very wrong thought. ilvl not allways means upgrade. U really should check the guides, and icy veins, and learn about your class,first off all.
    More often than not, an ilvl upgrade will be an upgrade overall when it comes to non jewelery due to the increase in main stat as well as higher stat budget. Since they removed main stat from jewelry, those will take a closer look but it isn't a "very wrong thought" when you're on the way to 840~ ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    More often than not, an ilvl upgrade will be an upgrade overall when it comes to non jewelery due to the increase in main stat as well as higher stat budget. Since they removed main stat from jewelry, those will take a closer look but it isn't a "very wrong thought" when you're on the way to 840~ ilvl.
    With my current gear, im at ilvl 849.

Would it be best to switch to 830-840 gear to get the necessary second stats?

With my current gear, im at ilvl 849.

Would it be best to switch to 830-840 gear to get the necessary second stats?
    Honestly the only answer I or anyone else can give you is to sim your character to see if a lower ilvl piece is better or not. With the simc addon, it's really easy to sim gear changes. Generally though, if its a 10 ilvl difference, it's not likely to be an upgrade, no matter what the stats on it are, unless the lower piece also has a socket on it then maybe.

That's Up to a Point not even really wrong. Going for the good stats really began for me with raiding/mythic+ ... looking for optimal gear before that is going to be hard, as randoms are going to ask only for your Ilvl when inviting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    ilvl is literally the only thing that matters. DPS, environmental awareness, a stable connection, enchants, gems, none of this matters. Only ilvl.

#justpugthings

Deleted
    First step of gearing these days: Get high ilvl then focus on stats.

Honestly it's quite hard to know which stat to go for since every site out there have different oppinions on stats but at least they all seem to agree on versatility being the strongest.

Sometimes these sites don't know everything. Back in wrath I stacked hit rating as assassination, had 950+ hit rating and only missed 1-2% white hits while everyone else had 350 rating and missed 20-25% of their white hits.
    In the end this meant I was dealing more dmg than heroic geared people when most of my gear was mostly normals.
    But the game has been dumbed down since.