Protection Paladin statistics priority regarding SimC.

Hi everyone !

Lurking all over the internet I see everyone saying haste is really good for protection. I know haste have been good in the past and still looks good 'cause it makes the rotation way better to execute (lower GCD yeaaah !).
    But, recently i dont get good result for Haste in SimC. Its usually at the bottom of my scalings. It was not the case in the past (pre-Legion) and Haste was, by the time, simming very well.
    Im talking here about bad scalings for DTPS, TMI and even DPS for 5 minutes ST encounter.

Is there anything I could be missing with SimC or is Haste overrated ?

Ty for your attention and sorry for mediocre english...

PS:
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Sinstralis/Papylord/advanced

I believe simcraft considerably undervalues haste due to our healing system because it doesn't model boss damage and external healing well. This leads to very weak Light of the Protector/Hand of the Protector healing. I just ran it and it reported my HPS at 47k which is quite low. On a new boss, that does a lot of tank damage, or with a lot of adds I can easily be doing double, or triple that on selfhealing only. This pushes haste and versatility a lot lower than their actual value and makes crit, mastery, and strength look a lot better than they should be. Also worth mentioning it looks like simcraft might not be accounting for the relics as it's not stating the proper rank 4/5 of artifact traits that are boosted by the relics, as is my ilvl and stats from my artifact aren't correct either. Considering both of those errors I wouldn't put much stock in the stat weights.

Deleted
    It's also not really smart at using SotR, it uses active mitigation once it has received a certain amount of damage (or has enough charges). A skilled player should benefit a lot more from SotR, so haste and mastery are probably underrated in Simcraft.

Haste scales extremely weirdly in the simulations, I saw it having a negative impact on my survivability. Interestingly, I have only seen this when using Blessed Hammer.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haste is very bad, by far Prot Paladin's worst stat. I used Simcraft and did the models myself, and in each case Haste was by far the lowest in value - even when factoring in the multiplicativity of SOTR/Judge/LOTP. People assume that since all of these things lower the cooldowns of one another that Haste becomes more valuable, but when you actually do the math it is worth like half of the next closest stat. I have it weighing somewhere between .6-.8 per 1000 points, where as Mastery and Vers are twice that. Mastery > Vers >> Crit >> Haste. The % uptime on your mitigation it provides per point is ridiculously low, and the cooldown decrease for LOTP is a fraction of even that.

And that's just the sim data. When you actually look at the playstyle of Paladins - where you're using mitigation to block specific attacks, and LOTP to heal through spikes - instead of just whenever it's up - using Haste to model a % increase in mitigation through SOTR, or using it to model HPS through LOTP shows a huge misunderstanding in the playstyle of the class. It pisses me off that every major guide is overvaluing Haste so much (and undervaluing Mastery).
    Last edited by Mekkar; 2016-09-29 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I believe simcraft considerably undervalues haste due to our healing system because it doesn't model boss damage and external healing well. This leads to very weak Light of the Protector/Hand of the Protector healing. I just ran it and it reported my HPS at 47k which is quite low. On a new boss, that does a lot of tank damage, or with a lot of adds I can easily be doing double, or triple that on selfhealing only. This pushes haste and versatility a lot lower than their actual value and makes crit, mastery, and strength look a lot better than they should be. Also worth mentioning it looks like simcraft might not be accounting for the relics as it's not stating the proper rank 4/5 of artifact traits that are boosted by the relics, as is my ilvl and stats from my artifact aren't correct either. Considering both of those errors I wouldn't put much stock in the stat weights.
    Funnily enough the opposite is the case. SimCraft overvalues haste because of the way LotP works. SimCraft also reports your health to you, and if you look you will notice that for the most of the fight you will have <0% health so LotP will always assume you have 100% health missing after that point.