Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Do you really believe that writing something serious in the info box will overcome the bad 5-man healer class stigma? As other poster said before, people want 2-3 chests now and it means min-maxing even on noob mythic+ level. Thats how loot pinata works and people behave like shit to get most of it.

Best advice is to make your own groups or run with guildies. Priest is dead for pugging.

Yep. And my guild doesn't do mythic+ so RIP my expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Do you really believe that writing something serious in the info box will overcome the bad 5-man healer class stigma? As other poster said before, people want 2-3 chests now and it means min-maxing even on noob mythic+ level. Thats how loot pinata works and people behave like shit to get most of it.

Best advice is to make your own groups or run with guildies. Priest is dead for pugging.
    Hah. I'm a Holy Priest in a guild (currently 4/7 Mythic) and I'm consistently passed over for the Holy Pala's or the Resto Druid healers on our raiding roster. And when I'm lucky enough to get invited to a few (easier) runs, everybody (namely the tank) plays in full retard mode and we end up missing 3-chests.

Priests need some sort of personal cooldown or passive damage reduction baseline. Rokmora's Shatter was nearly 1-shotting me in Mythic +11 every time, at 859 item level. Our Shadow Priest bubbling me was an option, but if he hadn't been there...
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2016-10-03 at 04:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Priests need some sort of personal cooldown or passive damage reduction baseline. Rokmora's Shatter was nearly 1-shotting me in Mythic +11 every time, at 859 item level. Our Shadow Priest bubbling me was an option, but if he hadn't been there...
    Yes, this is what I'm most pissed at. Everything kills me incredible fast; if an Archer or a Jagged Disc Thrower start to hit me... pff that's hell. If you add that we don't really have mobility or personal Cd's... yeah, not too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Retens View Post
    Yes, this is what I'm most pissed at. Everything kills me incredible fast; if an Archer or a Jagged Disc Thrower start to hit me... pff that's hell. If you add that we don't really have mobility or personal Cd's... yeah, not too good.
    It may not work all the time, but Fade is your best friend in that kind of situation.

Depends. Disc? Yes, you're not going to get picked up. Good discs are hard to find and, if you're running 5 man, shouldn't be brought along anyways. Holy in raid environment is fine. We don't have a personal cd for tougher Mythics, which sucks, but I guess the best you can do is spec your guardian spirit and hope you press buttons at the right time.

We're not perfect, but we're also not bad. Find a friend to play with and start your own groups. Problem solved.

Okay throughput.
    Terrible mobility.
    Terrible utility.

I've seen the same issues trying to get into a pug mythic+ as holy. I don't even bother trying to get in as disc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulimn View Post
    It may not work all the time, but Fade is your best friend in that kind of situation.
    Yes. Fade is my favorite spell of the priest arsenal since 2007, but it is not always available. It also does not work with fixates.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont even know why I'm reading these forums, I'm always totally bummed out! I was having fun with my Holy Priest but now that everyone says it sucks I'm not sure how I feel

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I dont even know why I'm reading these forums, I'm always totally bummed out! I was having fun with my Holy Priest but now that everyone says it sucks I'm not sure how I feel
    It doesn't suck at all. I do mythic 10+ just fine. You just have to take Desperate Prayer and use Health Potions. It's a lot of fun and the true epitome of triage healing.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Holy priest has the best healing toolkit, but the worst utility. Enduring Renewal+Benediction+Binding Heal is sickly OP for mythic+'s. What the priest lacks are 1) personal defensive cooldowns 2) cc, like aoe stun
    I actually find this build fairly useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    I actually find this build fairly useless.
    I have the feeling you would say that about any spec. I think you're just bored with the game in general..

Deleted
    I've only done Heroic EN and Mythics up to +7 but I don't think Holy is in too bad a spot at the moment. It's definitely lacking in healing that can be cast while moving though which is a massive pain. The only options right now are a large cooldown single target heal, pre-empting movement and casting PoM, or using Renew which is currently not worth the mana/GCD. Personally I'd like to see a small buff to Renew to make it worth using again, but not such a large buff that blanketing the raid in Renew becomes the default strategy again. If Blizz reworked the spell to double Renew's healing if the target is currently moving that would be pretty amazing!

No problem keeping up with the Paladins and Shamans in raids and I've seen the inside of a few mythic+.

Over the weekend I joined a mythic+ EoA, got to the summoning stone, helped with summons. Then the leader asked me to switch to holy. I told him I don't have any traits in holy whatsoever and he said srry and kicked me. Wth! I do fine as disc...

Why are none of these issues every raised during the beta of an expansion so the class can get some polish prior to release?

Quote Originally Posted by KaijuLizard View Post
    Why are none of these issues every raised during the beta of an expansion so the class can get some polish prior to release?
    They were raised, just as they were for shadow. Nothing was really done in regards to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    They were raised, just as they were for shadow. Nothing was really done in regards to them.
    I don't know; I see most people posting how great Holy is, what a wonderful toolkit we have, etc and yet, the statistics on log parses and few posts here from people seem to point to rather critical flaws with the class that continue into yet another expansion.

The only major thing that seems to have happened for Legion is that Holy is not overshadowed by Disc as it has been for the past few years and Disc has become a major adjustment for many players which makes Holy look better. Compared to other healers, Holy seems to be in an extremely poor spot.

I cannot fathom developers overlooked all of this in tuning, raids, etc during the Legion beta..

Disc isn't very good in a lot of settings and holy lacks cds an healing on the move. With so much focus switching to mythic + holy is being left out in the cold.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know; I see most people posting how great Holy is, what a wonderful toolkit we have, etc and yet, the statistics on log parses and few posts here from people seem to point to rather critical flaws with the class that continue into yet another expansion.

The only major thing that seems to have happened for Legion is that Holy is not overshadowed by Disc as it has been for the past few years and Disc has become a major adjustment for many players which makes Holy look better. Compared to other healers, Holy seems to be in an extremely poor spot.

I cannot fathom developers overlooked all of this in tuning, raids, etc during the Legion beta..
    Blizzard seems to really struggle setting up priests. Being to only class with 2 healing specs they just can't sort prirsts out. One spec is often a bottom feeder while the other is outstanding. I would imagine if they could talk to the original class designers they would beg them to scrub the idea of 2 healing specs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    No problem keeping up with the Paladins and Shamans in raids and I've seen the inside of a few mythic+.
    What exactly does this proof? Nobody here argues that HPS numbers aren't up to par or that we can't get into lower mythics. The problems are utility, mobility and survivability.

They were the people working on holy the last 6 years seem to be on vacation and just slapping something together because they have to not because it is good design or they have great ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

Over the weekend I joined a mythic+ EoA, got to the summoning stone, helped with summons. Then the leader asked me to switch to holy. I told him I don't have any traits in holy whatsoever and he said srry and kicked me. Wth! I do fine as disc...
    Doing fine isn't where most people want to set their bar.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

[QUOTE=Tyrven;42664911]Disc isn't very good in a lot of settings and holy lacks cds an healing on the move. With so much focus switching to mythic + holy is being left out in the cold.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

I have always wondered if they just had no clue what to do with the two specs overall. I think they finally got Disc into a niche area with the way you play it. But personally, I think it requires a skill level and with many people falling that, raids/groups turn to a Holy priest instead. Because of that, Holy falsely looks awesome. Pan back to the bigger picture and Holy just doesn’t bring what the other healers can bring in more superior ways (Druids, Shaman, Paladins, even Monks..).

So apart from giving Holy a mobile cast or personal CD, what would bring the class to the forefront? I was going to post about this in my own post as I am feeling bitter at this point with Holy, which is my favorite class hands down. When was there a raid or group that was like: OH WE GOT A HOLY PRIEST HERE TO SAVE THE RAID! With what? My heal tide/spirit link? My hots? My instant revival? My BOPs and beacons?