How to improve Destro AE dps on mythic+5??

Destro was buffed with rain of fire, but other classes are still waaay ahead with AE in mythic+ dungeons. Let's say you are in a mythic+ lvl5.

How do you AE dps 3-5 add grps?

if cataclysm rdy and add grp is 4-5, I start with
    1. cataclysm = get all immolate
    2. rain of fire
    3.4.5.6.7. incinerate
    8. rain of fire

What is the best way to finish of those grps?

And how to dps a grp of 3 adds?

And what stats should one prefer for AE dps in mythic+ dungeons? Haste+Crit?

edit:
    30k int, ilvl 853
    crit: 17,27 %
    haste: 35,88 %
    mastery: 45,26 %

talents: shadowburn, cataclysm, shadowfury(stun), fire and brimstone, burning rush, grimoire of sacrifice, havoc
    Last edited by HeroicMythic; 2016-09-29 at 01:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    Destro was buffed with rain of fire, but other classes are still waaay ahead with AE in mythic+ dungeons. Let's say you are in a mythic+ lvl5.

2. rain of fire
    3.4.5.6.7. incinerate
    8. rain of fire

I assume that you are playing with Backdraft for faster Incinerate casts so this is pretty much my rotation, including the Conflag proc.
    So far Haste if the leading secondary stat and Crit following.
    That is until you get to ~30% Haste, where Haste devalues from leading to secondary.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    For your stats, you always want to prefer Haste>Crit. Until about 30% haste but even then its not a bad stat.

I assume you are running fire and brimstone? That is very good aoe. Cataclysm is also a very good spell for starting off as it gives you a ton of soul shards and can easily help you do 1M+ AoE DPS depending on the size of the pull.

Not sure if weaving in Rain of Fire in between FnB Incinerates is a good use of shards but I assume it is, on groups larger than 3. Especially if you run soul conduit over wreak havoc, as you can potentially keep chaining them if you get lucky enough.

Also use grimoire of sacrifice as thats great AoE, as well as backdraft if youre running Fire and Brimstone.

And the cut off for Rain of Fire> Chaos Bolt +Havoc is 3 adds so for a group of 3 you want them all immolated, Rain of fire, and spam incinerates in between.

Our AoE isnt bad, the issue is we have to spec specifically for it compared to other classes that can just do both.

Depending on the group you are with, you may want to focus more on ST dmg if your AoE is in abundance(guardian druid, monk DPS,etc).

talents: shadowburn, cataclysm, shadowfury(stun), fire and brimstone, burning rush, grimoire of sacrifice, havoc

What trinkets to use for AE? just pure int+ haste/crit/mastery or one of those fancy trinkets that proc like 200k dmg on 1 target over 10 sec?

Backdraft, Cataclysm,Shadowfury, Eradication,burning rush, Sac, Conduit.

Cataclysm - > Rain of Fire -> Conflag - Rain of Fire etc and shadowfury when you feel its a good time. No need for the useless fire and brimstone. In most cases I never run out of soul shards when doing big packs to not spam rain of fire. spending time casting instead of building shards via conflags or renewing/adding immolate on targets is a waste of time.

About trinkets I have darkmoon card and chrono shard.

15+ Year Old Account

What trinkets to use for AE? just pure int+ haste/crit/mastery or one of those fancy trinkets that proc like 200k dmg on 1 target over 10 sec?
    I would change SB with BD for first tier.

Also, I personally prefer pure Intellect / secondary stat trinkets.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

I would replace cata with RE.. I've since replaced cata with RE and my boss dps is consistently 270k-350k depending on if Lust is used or not, and my trash dps is roughly the same, even spiking over 1.5 mil on 5+mobs.

On trash I would start with RoF -> Conflag -> 3x incinerate ->conflag ->3x incinerate and just instant cast ROF everytime I get 3 shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    fnb and cata are for padding on huge packs. best to go BD, MT/RE and Eradication. Keep immolate up on everything and if there are 4 or less keep havoc up on a target and just spam CB/Incinerate. 5 or more targets you can start using RoF over CB, still keep up immolate and you should be able to press rof pretty frequently. If you don't take WH you can use RoF on 4+ targets instead.

Hey guy. At 853 iLvl, I had huge success with the following build:

Backdraft
    Reverse Entropy
    Shadowfury
    Fire & Brimstone
    Burning Rush
    Grimoire of Sac
    Wreak Havoc

Cataclysm and Shadowburn don't do enough sustained damage to be useful in Mythic+. Cata does good chunk damage at the start, and Shadowburn can't do anything until the end. Both significantly hurt your ST for bosses.

On anything less than 4 targets, you basically follow a normal Havoc+CB rotation on the two most important adds. Your Incinerate fillers will be FnB'd so they'll do good fluff damage and with Backdraft you'll be getting lots of casts off.

Anything more, you keep immolate up, spam backdrafted Incinerates and RoF's whenever possible then fall back to the CB+Havoc rotation once you drop to 4 or less targets. Use Havoc to get Immolates out faster. But always keep them up. Get good at accurately tab targetting (I know, sounds weird).

This build can easily get you doing over 500k sustained on packs of > 4, and no less than 350 on packs of 2-3. Single Target, with your cooldowns (lust, Lord of the flames) will be around 250-350k.

So... kinda same question, got my hands on Magistrike Restraints, any adjustments than are in order for Mythic+ build? Kina torn between WHavoc and Conduit, also have a Soulsnatcher maxed out.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

I normally go with:
    1 backdraft
    2reverse entropy
    3 shadowfury/demon skin (depending of the buff and the dungeon)
    4 erradication
    5 dark pact
    6 grim sac
    7 wreak havoc
    With this setup i almost always end up 1st or 2nd in trash mobs or bosses. I've been testing some differents builds and i the reason i think this worked the best for me is:
    1. With rain of fire instant cast and grimsac + backdraft to cast spells faster (+ procs of demon power) you've got enoguh AOE (i personally have reached 1.2M of dps on a trash pull it the archery)
    2. If the trash pull is 2-3 i just abuse wreack havoc and and erradication + cast an inmolate on the third mob to gain extra shard regen.
    3 on bosses grim sac is pretty little loss of dps compared to grim of serv (tested on dummy and was around 3-4%.
    You also can pop cd like infernals on trashmobs since it gives huge amount of aoe dps increase (and just a CD of 3 min) and at st bosses pop doomguard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Backdraft/RE/F&B/Sac/WH is a pretty much the most balanced high M+ setup I use. F&B and some RoFs in-between are all the AoE you really ever need. Wreck Havoc is amazing for pretty much all the trash and quite a few bosses. Backdraft props both AoE and ST and RE is helping big time with Backdraft as it allows combos like CB>Incin>CB or CB>CB>Incin or Incin>CB>CB that are otherwise impossible and simply because it adds to your ST compared to Cata.

Cata is nice, but you are shitting AoE with Backdrafted F&B as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    So... kinda same question, got my hands on Magistrike Restraints, any adjustments than are in order for Mythic+ build? Kina torn between WHavoc and Conduit, also have a Soulsnatcher maxed out.
    in the same boat. i've been running soul conduit and have been doing just fine for AoE and doing better single target. you still have havoc, you just need to be smarter with it, but the amount of chaos bolts you send out is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Counterpoint is that Havoc Chaos Bolt can also proc bonus Chaos Bolt... don't think it's worth to drop WH there. I mean, what do you gain with Conduit realistically - 8% or ST DPS compared to quite a lot more from WH during the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Counterpoint is that Havoc Chaos Bolt can also proc bonus Chaos Bolt... don't think it's worth to drop WH there. I mean, what do you gain with Conduit realistically - 8% or ST DPS compared to quite a lot more from WH during the run.

Well, the idea is that regular Havoc is sufficient for a lot of packs and can be timed effectively for a lot of bosses. And the amount of shards you save with RoF's and CB is pretty noticable, and the more shards you have the more chances you have to proc the bracers.

I don't honestly think the difference is that huge in overall damage.

Since I don't see a general Warlock thread for Mythic+, I'll ask here. Can anyone suggest good uses for Enslave Demon in the Mythic+ dungeons? Currently all I know is the Wrathguard in Black Rook Hold on the way to Smashpite. I tried the felguards but they are immune.

Anyone suggest good and creative uses for Enslave Demon for the higher Mythic+?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear good things about those Eredar mage dudes that turn into Fel Core Hounds if you don't kill them fast enough. Seen this mentioned today and eager to try next time.

Deleted

2. rain of fire
    3.4.5.6.7. incinerate
    8. rain of fire

edit:
    30k int, ilvl 853

I'm curious, when you talk AOE like this, how many mobs are we talking about? 6+? When it's like 4-5 mobs and I'm using the standard setup I make 450-600k dps, but I use other food and enchant. Whats your DPS on the packs?

Backdraft
    Reverse Entropy
    Shadowfury
    Fire & Brimstone
    Burning Rush
    Grimoire of Sac
    Wreak Havoc

I use this setup too, manually immolate everything and watch the shards roll in, 3 RoF's on top of eachother and F&B does a crapload of damage.