Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Question, is going 2pc T19 along with 4pc T20 still the best option with the 2pc T19 nerf? or is it better to just optimize the higher ilvl gear from ToS

Quote Originally Posted by Tema View Post
    what about new legendary ring? you think is worth to use in combo with bracers or with hands? or better the older combo bracers and hand?
    No, it's crap

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynika View Post
    Question, is going 2pc T19 along with 4pc T20 still the best option with the 2pc T19 nerf? or is it better to just optimize the higher ilvl gear from ToS
    About equal. The differences between the two are minuscule.

Also: working on an update. Gimme time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    About equal. The differences between the two are minuscule.

Also: working on an update. Gimme time.
    ty. love your work

Hey guys, fire mage here switching to frost for ToS because i am bored of fire. I am a mythic raider. I've paid no attention to frost since this new patch and im curious if hands and wrist combo are still the legendaries im wanting to aim for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathvisard View Post
    Hey guys, fire mage here switching to frost for ToS because i am bored of fire. I am a mythic raider. I've paid no attention to frost since this new patch and im curious if hands and wrist combo are still the legendaries im wanting to aim for.
    Shard+bracers or hat. Both are pretty close.

Is there any upside to not going lonely winter in the new raid? Like any reason you'd want the pet's utility/nova. I'm coming back from a hiatus this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Is there any upside to not going lonely winter in the new raid? Like any reason you'd want the pet's utility/nova. I'm coming back from a hiatus this week.
    Sadly no. Even if there were, the damage tradeoff likely isn't worth it.

How are you ranking the trinkets at? This is what i got from raidbots all 900 except tome (910)

Gear Comparison (DPS)

Tsm - 1,009,704

Tome(910) - 1,008,759

900 vers - 1,006,491

Terror - 1,003,119

Charm - 1,002,380

Spectral - 993,483

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    How are you ranking the trinkets at? This is what i got from raidbots all 900 except tome (910)
    Correct me if I am wrong (which is more than likely!), but I believe you don't want to "On Use" trinkets, which puts Tome last should you have TSM, making the 2nd trinket we want to use as Terror or a stat stick.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post

Gear Comparison (DPS)

Tsm - 1,009,704

Tome(910) - 1,008,759

900 vers - 1,006,491

Terror - 1,003,119

Charm - 1,002,380

Spectral - 993,483
    interesting. while I know it's been said here (and many other places) that individual setup is important, I'm a little surprised at how different I am seeing my own trinket rankings. for the new trinkets, i'm seeing Terror > Tome > Charm > TSM > Spectral. The on use and the procs are surprising to me. My top two combinations are terror/tome or charm/terror

Overall, I would echo the question on if anyone has a general rule of thumb about the BiS trinket combo or trinket priority ranking for the ToS trinkets so I can potentially spend my seals more wisely?

I think one of the reasons i ranked terror so low was because it sent me way over the crit cap, I got one at 920 since and messed around with enchants/gear to get slightly below again.

So far been sticking to this as well as copious simming.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

Thank you for all the work you put into the community.

Great and easy guide.

From my own experience and some researches I found out that:
    1. Tome has ~1% in dps list.
    2. Buff has 15-18% duration throughout the fight and probably useless since crit goes overcap.
    3. Int as a stat stick.
    -
    At the same time Terror has ~5% damage and TSM has aprox the same. Plus stats those trinkets have. What makes me think that Tome is pretty much controversial.

About "On use" trinkets for frost mage.
    It's quite good since frost has 2 different source of damage: 1. kind of sustained ice lance damage; 2. Burst moments like openning. So, it's very nice to have a trinket which you can use for more efficient burst combo.
    Last edited by Jezrienx; 2017-08-01 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks for the detailed guide!
    I will try a mage in this specialization

Deleted
    Hello!
    If both Ebonbolt and Frozen Orb comes off CD at the exact same time, which one to use first? I have 4-set.
    Thank you!
    - Dip

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    Hello!
    If both Ebonbolt and Frozen Orb comes off CD at the exact same time, which one to use first? I have 4-set.
    Thank you!
    - Dip
    I don't think it actually matters, as long as your not munching the BF Ice Lance with a FoF proc.
    BfA Beta Time

Hi,

Anyone have the order of spells on your keyboard/screen?

I'm doing Frostbolt, Flurry, Ice Lance, Frozen Orb, Blizzard, Ray of Frost, Ebonbolt, Comet Storm, Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Open for the Mattrix Crystal Bomb (or the other), Mirror Image

Anyone have any suggestions for improving all this ... it's getting frustrating not being able to take down that turkey at the start of the MacAree set of stuff ...

Draka/Hipgnosis (Horde)/Frost Mage with 898 Gear, but really suffering on bad dps in general.

Thx in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    That seems...all over the place. Its hard to say where you can improve since I don't have logs available.

Take a look at the guide over at Alter Time here for gameplay and talent tips.
    Chesder has a great TellMeWhen setup thats updated for 7.3.0 over here; it tells you which spells to cast next in your rotation, and should help your dps. Its not perfect, but its very good when you're new to Frost.

Hopefully those help.