Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is anyone finding it harder to consistently get the Ice Lance after Flurry in 7.1.5? I feel like I was getting it about 100% of the time before but now because of the reduced amount of haste/longer GCD, the Flurry debuff is expiring before the Ice Lance lands. On a target dummy I can still do it 100% of the time but in actual fights, not so much, and I never had that issue before. I was experiencing higher than average lag last night so that might be it too.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysar View Post
    Is anyone finding it harder to consistently get the Ice Lance after Flurry in 7.1.5? I feel like I was getting it about 100% of the time before but now because of the reduced amount of haste/longer GCD, the Flurry debuff is expiring before the Ice Lance lands. On a target dummy I can still do it 100% of the time but in actual fights, not so much, and I never had that issue before. I was experiencing higher than average lag last night so that might be it too.
    I did notice this aswell. Lost 20% haste + much less uptime on IV so overall a lot less haste. Looking through some logs this moring of last night, IL hitting for 100K lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Frozen Orb only gives a FoF proc the first time it damages an enemy. On single target, you'll only get one proc from it.
    Every tick has a chance to generate a FoF proc. FT improves on this.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112965/fingers-of-frost
    Last edited by nickseng; 2017-01-12 at 03:34 AM.

Reading this thread has made me miss my mage...

Maybe i will go back and play her

Quote Originally Posted by Lysar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Osinin View Post
    I did notice this aswell. Lost 20% haste + much less uptime on IV so overall a lot less haste. Looking through some logs this moring of last night, IL hitting for 100K lol.
    From the hotfixes on the front page: Fixed a bug where Flurry's missiles were all launching at the same time, making it difficult to take advantage of Winter's Chill with a follow-up Ice Lance.

Guess that explains the issue. I did notice it was significantly better today.

Frost

Ray of Frost damage increased by 12%.
    Any thoughts?
    Just gave it a wirl on dummy (granted the buff isnt active yet but the rotation wont change with it, just the damage from it) but it just feeels sooo awkward to use.
    Giving up BC/LW for it sounds like a bad idea as well.

That haste nerf pretty much killed it. I now feel completely useless in mythics. Melee classes doing shit tons of damage with all kinds of instant attacks before Frost Mage has even begun with a decent damage rotation. And when you're finally doing some proper damage you're forced to interrupt casting by dungeon/boss design.
    GG Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Just gave it a wirl on dummy (granted the buff isnt active yet but the rotation wont change with it, just the damage from it) but it just feeels sooo awkward to use.
    Giving up BC/LW for it sounds like a bad idea as well.
    They're buffing something that hardly any Mage uses. They need to buff Frostbolt because the nerf they did on it was too much.

Also.. This is my wish list for NH gear.

Head: Nighthold Custodian's Hood
    Neck: Radiant String of Scorpid Eyes
    Shoulder: Mantle of Everburning Knowledge (T19)
    Back:
    Chest:
    Wrist: Woven Lasher Tendril Bracers
    Waist: Antiquated Highborne Cinch
    Hands: Gloves of Everburning Knowledge (T19)
    Legs: Leggings of Everburning Knowledge (T19)
    Feet: Outcast Wanderer's Footrags / Treads of Galactic Odyssey
    Ring 1: Shard of Exodar (Legendary)
    Ring 2: Ring of Braided Stems
    Trinket 1: Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish (Legendary)
    Trinket 2: Whispers in the Dark

I haven't decided if I should take the Back T19 piece or the Chest T19. piece. I'm leaning towards taking the Back piece..

Edit:

Did they secretly have Frozen Orb give more FoF procs? I'm suddenly getting anywhere from 6 to 8 FoF procs from one cast where as before was only getting 2 to 4 procs..
    Last edited by FrostyButt; 2017-01-14 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Did they secretly have Frozen Orb give more FoF procs? I'm suddenly getting anywhere from 6 to 8 FoF procs from one cast where as before was only getting 2 to 4 procs..
    Did you take Frozen Touch? It seems that that is actually increasing the FOF from FO ticks by a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the frost spec as a whole died with this patch/raid, haste nerf hit hard, frostbolt nerf hit hard, tier set bonus' look alright for one version of frost and shit for the others, a lot of cleave/aoe in nighthold seem to put fire/arcane above it by miles (especially with damage boosts on some bosses). Thoughts?
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I feel like the frost spec as a whole died with this patch/raid, haste nerf hit hard, frostbolt nerf hit hard, tier set bonus' look alright for one version of frost and shit for the others, a lot of cleave/aoe in nighthold seem to put fire/arcane above it by miles (especially with damage boosts on some bosses). Thoughts?
    Pretty much. Looking at heroic NH logs, Frost is last or very close to last on pretty much every fight. I know the logs are still early, but doesn't look good.

Is the 25% buff to comet storm enough to make it competitive on that tier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    How are people feeling about Comet storm now? Still doesnt seem quite enough imo

I would recommend 2P bonus ASAP. It will boost your DPS by about 50,000. At least that is what the sim told me. I haven't been able to test it in raids yet. But on the target dummy, I went from doing 440K over 5 minutes to doing around 508K over 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Articon92 View Post
    How are people feeling about Comet storm now? Still doesnt seem quite enough imo
    Think its a decent alternative to GS now, atleast for mythic+.
    TV is likely still better on bossfights unless they are add heavy but at least its a lot less clunky then the GS build.
    And it looks cool as hell.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was going to need ~40-50% to be competitive with TV single target. A nice M+ boost I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It was going to need ~40-50% to be competitive with TV single target. A nice M+ boost I suppose.
    Yeah but i doubt they ever want it to complete head to head.
    TV needs planning, management and the ability to adept to get the most out of it.
    CS is a buttonpress every 30seconds for an instant cast.

TV beating CS on good/perfect usage is something i can live with tbh.

What about in 2-4 target situations though? Just about every NH fight has cleave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    How do people feel about the Comet Storm buff, is it useful in raids yet?