Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    So did the first half of the new raid, 2 need Azorite gear, seem to being forced into the FO build so far. I kinda hate GS, so not too bad.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not like we've got any moderators anymore, but this is updated for 8.3.

Kuni,

Is FO build still simming above No IL GS build in 8.3?

Hard to find anyone really discussing FO build, is that because it is niche to AoE and majority are going No IL GS for ST in raids?

Thx in advance
    Last edited by gallamann; 2020-01-16 at 09:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Kuni,

Is FO build still simming above No IL GS build in 8.3?

Hard to find anyone really discussing FO build, is that because it is niche to AoE and majority are going No IL GS for ST in raids?

Thx in advance
    Nah, no IL pulled ahead. FO's a cute 2t niche build, but since it relies on Orb location, it can be ... difficult. Large hitboxes when trying to hit a secondary target, tank movement, all the usual culprits. Mastery's scaling on no IL is also bloody obscene, and helped to push it ahead even further. I think we were seeing 9.2+/pt, before corruption? It's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Nah, no IL pulled ahead. FO's a cute 2t niche build, but since it relies on Orb location, it can be ... difficult. Large hitboxes when trying to hit a secondary target, tank movement, all the usual culprits. Mastery's scaling on no IL is also bloody obscene, and helped to push it ahead even further. I think we were seeing 9.2+/pt, before corruption? It's disgusting.
    I'm just getting back into Mythic raiding, currently gearing up through heroic and have been using FrOrb build, realistically am I gonna have to swap to NoIL once I'm geared up a bit better and/or progressing through mythic? I simmed it this evening for myself and it doesnt seem to be worth it yet.

Also I seem to remember reading about a frigid grasp/Visions of Perfection/Infinite stars build at some point.

How is that and the other 2 builds simming atm.

So as the second best frost mage on the same server as kuni....I think high corruption GS build is the way to go, really keep your healers on their toes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MostUnfabulous View Post
    I'm just getting back into Mythic raiding, currently gearing up through heroic and have been using FrOrb build, realistically am I gonna have to swap to NoIL once I'm geared up a bit better and/or progressing through mythic? I simmed it this evening for myself and it doesnt seem to be worth it yet.

Also I seem to remember reading about a frigid grasp/Visions of Perfection/Infinite stars build at some point.

How is that and the other 2 builds simming atm.
    I assume that was you who poked me on Discord about this a few minutes ago, but yes. NoIL scales significantly better than FO. This is heavily dependent on having the Azerite traits for it, however. Without triple Flash Freeze, default and FO will likely sim higher.

Also the infinite stars stuff was us giggling that IS is RPPM, and scales with haste. If you could stack like 9 T3 IS pieces, you'd just want as much haste as humanly possible. It's not a realistic goal, and you would have ridiculous amounts of corruption to boot. 9 slots is 675 corruption, and you wouldn't be able to be healed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    So as the second best frost mage on the same server as kuni....
    We're on a backwater server.