Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    Yes, this is my advice. Playing affliction warlock in PvE is the same as playing frost mage, or frost dk. You just don't do it because you will do no damage, bring no utility and generally be a wasted slot. It is the worst warlock spec and it is only good on Elerethe, as I said earlier. If you still wanna play it because you like it - go ahead, but don't be surprised if you do no damage compared to other DPS classes.
    Huh? i can pull 350k DPS on heroic dragons easily, I do well on Ilgynoth, and cenarius as well. My single target isn't as high as some others on fights like Ursoc and what not but i can still pull a solid 240k or so with 851 item level. To say affliction can't complete it just utterly ignorant. I easily keep pace with our destruction lock. Is it good enough for cutting edge mythic progression, not totally sure on that, but for your average raider you'll do fine if you are a good player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    Huh? i can pull 350k DPS on heroic dragons easily, I do well on Ilgynoth, and cenarius as well. My single target isn't as high as some others on fights like Ursoc and what not but i can still pull a solid 240k or so with 851 item level. To say affliction can't complete it just utterly ignorant. I easily keep pace with our destruction lock. Is it good enough for cutting edge mythic progression, not totally sure on that, but for your average raider you'll do fine if you are a good player.
    Logs

/10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    170-180 on a boss for 850 ilevel warlock is extremely bad.

Overall, you shouldn't play affliction, that's it. Demo is really competitive on ST after the buffs (if you're not competing with top tier guilds that is), Destruction's awesome on cleave fights/fights with high prio adds (like Cenarius). The only encounter affliction is good on is Elerethe, Destruction however is close behind.

well. aflliction= warlock, demo=bm huntard, destro= fire mage. and i want to play with warlock. end story.

Quote Originally Posted by turan View Post
    well. aflliction= warlock, demo=bm huntard, destro= fire mage. and i want to play with warlock. end story.
    No, that's not "end of story," dude. No one is asking if Affliction can be played because Turan likes playing it. They're discussing whether it's worth playing it based on its ability to perform.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Demon View Post
    No, that's not "end of story," dude. No one is asking if Affliction can be played because Turan likes playing it. They're discussing whether it's worth playing it based on its ability to perform.
    maybe learn to read: "Thread: Affly in mythic + and raids"

Quote Originally Posted by turan View Post
    maybe learn to read: "Thread: Affly in mythic + and raids"
    I'm not seeing where in that title "Affly: is it turan's favorite spec?" is written. Point that out to me, please.

I don't understand why they moved away from the reduced GCD for Affliction. They should bring back the reduced GCD function they had for Affliction, they should bring back an ability that allows for all the dots to instantly be placed on a mob, to help with the single target problems Affliction has, they should bring back the function of Drain soul procing a percentage that the dot does ontop of the dot ticks how it used to be last expansion. They went backwards with Affliction big time Afflictions my favorite spec but its the worst and its funny how the DoT specialization class is the WORST of all the classes who have dots.