Any tips for Heroic Ursoc?

I usually pull about 280-300k DPS on most boss fights, but last night in Heroic i just couldnt maintain any type of good dps.

I was usually around 170k. is that what is expected?

I tried to use icy viens every time i needed to move or a blink. But i just couldnt get any good dps i felt like.

Are other mages struggling on this fight? Are their any tips or video links that you guys might have to do better?

(PS im fire)

edit sorry for the typo in the title
    Last edited by PurechaosSK; 2016-09-30 at 02:27 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    I usually pull about 280-300k DPS on most boss fights, but last night in Heroic i just couldnt maintain any type of good dps.

I was usually around 170k. is that what is expected?

I tried to use icy viens every time i needed to move or a blink. But i just couldnt get any good dps i felt like.

Are other mages struggling on this fight? Are their any tips or video links that you guys might have to do better?

(PS im fire)

edit sorry for the typo in the title
    1. No armory
    2. No Logs
    3. Icy Veins =/= Ice flows.

I'm not sure what sort of help you're expecting with so little information. Just like your post asking for help, your DPS problem is probably one of 'not doing enough' or 'not doing enough properly'. Update your post if you REALLY want help.

The biggest boost to DPS is understanding the fight and being where you need to be 30 seconds before you need to be there. Predict where either the ass end or front end of Ursoc is going to be while the tanks are moving him during the roars so that you're either stacked to soak or avoid the charge depending on whether or not its your turn.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    There is little to no movement involved in the fight, out tool kit is generally enought to keep you going in standard rotation even during the group switch or the miasma spawns.

As someone else said without logs or even armory there isn't anything more we can say beside trying to learn the fight and planning your next few actions ahead.
    You can totally position to avoid or minimize movements for the miasma pools. Oh, remember to save the combustion/rop for the 30% burn phase.

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...age/Purechaosx

Heres the log of our 8 attempts. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MnqBGb7fTW93tHdr

We never got to hero because we dont have the DPS.

I tried using Icy veins every time we moved after the quick 2 Cacophonies

- - - Updated - - -

An additional note --- the raid leader is insisting we stay right on Ursoc's butt the entire fight for Cacophony. Is that ideal?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like the answer is going to be not enough time casting. I see alot of gaps in the log, I probably have to stay ahead of the boss better and move less.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The biggest boost to DPS is understanding the fight and being where you need to be 30 seconds before you need to be there. Predict where either the ass end or front end of Ursoc is going to be while the tanks are moving him during the roars so that you're either stacked to soak or avoid the charge depending on whether or not its your turn.
    while this would be nice to do, actually moving to the final spot would put you outside of the 25yd range the raid needs to be in to soak roars. like as not, you gotta move all 3 times a roar happens.

- - - Updated - - -

An additional note --- the raid leader is insisting we stay right on Ursoc's butt the entire fight for Cacophony. Is that ideal?
    maybe not literally on his butt, but the whole raids gotta be within 25 yds or people start getting near one shot. 25yds is practically melee range as far as a mage is concerned, with a boss that big.

Is it 25 yards from the centre of his model or the edge of his hit box?

Is it 25 yards from the centre of his model or the edge of his hit box?
    Not sure exactly, but it's fairly far away. Was standing a good deal off to the side and still getting hit by Roar.

Figure out CD timing and know where to be ahead of time will help you maintain 300k+

It sounds like your strategy sucks if you don't have the dps.

I also question your ability to understand how to properly use cooldowns when you dont even know what they're called.

Any smart player knows where they need to be at any given time and plans to use CDs when they dont have to move. Figure it out. Im sure you have it in you somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    maybe not literally on his butt, but the whole raids gotta be within 25 yds or people start getting near one shot. 25yds is practically melee range as far as a mage is concerned, with a boss that big.
    Not exactly true. On Mythic we used only half of the raid soaking each Cacophany.