Mistweaver Lifecycles or Mistwrap?

I've always been running lifecycles but ive seen some monks with mistwrap. Which one is better to use?

Deleted
    It depends on playstyle. Personally i use mist wrap. I use essence font way more then vivify in raids. The times i do cast enveloping mists i want it to be as powerful as possible. Also I like be able to move and cast soothing mists, note also have the unison shoulders.

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally use Lifecycles (I usually only raid)... but like Rizo said, if you you have Unison Shoulders, SoM becomes much better especially when cast into the melee pack. Any other legendary, id say Lifecycles for more AoE and saves mana.

Deleted
    i find a strong enveloping with even stronger healing bonus and mobile soothing really useful in raids too.

we have issues getting a stable palading healer in raid so even if i could do more HPS with lifecycles maybe, i prefer securing the tanks better.

Also, at last in heroic i have a lot of mana remaining after fights often, i dont feel like i need the cost reduction.

I would also recommend looking at the fight and your logs or Details! information. If you are finding a lot of your EnM going to overhealing because you "have to" put it on someone before the bonus times out and most of it is going to overhealing, then mistwrap would be better. We have an amazing druid and pally in our raid group, so most people aren't low for very long. So I keep EnM on the tanks and then EF and vivify away (with ReM on cd of course). I know this has been beaten like a dead horse but the main issue with mistwrap is all of the spells/actions that cancel SooM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nague View Post
    Also, at last in heroic i have a lot of mana remaining after fights often, i dont feel like i need the cost reduction.
    Then you are no where close to healing to your full potential. You should be damn near OoM at the end of the fight. If your not then you are only putting more stress on your other healers to carry your slack. Healing is a team effort. Not like DPS, where it's an individual thing.

Not bashing you at all but only giving you advise even if its unwarranted. I like to see Monks top the charts, we do not have a strong player base like Druids, Shamans or Pallys. So I enjoy when other Monks succeed .

Deleted
    lol yes i could spam more enveloping mists with lifecycles but that doesnt increase the incoming damage.

there is no absolute best build for the whole raid, just change talents from boss to boss if needed