Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    She wasn't using it an as insult. It was an expression of sympathy towards young people who are entering a market and finding that their dream jobs don't exist. And the statistics on this are consistent; many more millenials than previous generations are still living with their parents.
    Yeah it's not being used in the context of they are the person that are just living in their parents basement on the internet all day and not wanting to find a job. She's using it in the context of the person that went to college got their degree and now can't find a job or a very good job so have to live with their parents for purely economic reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The fact that she belittled young people at a gated fundraising event where the invite costs 15000 dollars.

Out of touch doesn't even begin to cover it.
    i did this on Hillary megathread, and i'll do this here (although it will get locked, but nvm)

"Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement," she said. "They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future."
    Clinton added: "If you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have some other ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing."
    "I think we all should be really understanding of that," Clinton said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz4LsM82wTu

now, where is she belittling them? please, read the full article, and learn to understand context
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The fact that she belittled young people at a gated fundraising event where the invite costs 15000 dollars.

She didn't belittle them at all. She was explicitly speaking with sympathy for millennials who are struggling to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Meanwhile the Trump supporters have their own homes lol.
    Well, aren't Trump supporters individuals who got fucked by trade policies?

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Should have left it at the bolded, but then again, you decided to resort to a personal attack, albeit oh so subtly disguised as a jab at many people.
    Not to mention, what did I say in any way that leads you to believe that I'm a hillary supporter?
    I just find bias to be amusing, especially when the example happens over and over and over again.
    I think you are so concerned about my subtly disguised attack that you missed the one Hillary delivered. No bias here, I'm simply using the words she stated. I didn't accuse you of being a Hillary supporter either, after all, she was addressing Sanders voters.

10+ Year Old Account

Belittled? Most of my generation is working hourly with no ladder to climb. And some of them are frustrated. This wasn't a belittling statement; it was a statement of truth, and sympathy.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you are so concerned about my subtly disguised attack that you missed the one Hillary delivered. No bias here, I'm simply using the words she stated. I didn't accuse you of being a Hillary supporter either, after all, she was addressing Sanders voters.
    And you completely missed how I was cherry picking parts of your comments to quote on, essentially doing the exact same thing you were doing.
    That's okay though, I didn't expect you to get it anyways. I had hope though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yup, completely triggered. There are a LOT of people who don't understand context.

Actually, more likely deliberately ignoring it.
    How can I be triggered though when I agreed Hillary was accurate with her statement? I'm just saying let's call a spade a spade here. She threw a jab.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    She didn't belittle them at all. She was explicitly speaking with sympathy for millennials who are struggling to get started.
    She implies that sanders is leading them on because they are young, naive and unreasonable. She sees herself as the person who has to teach them humility and living within their means while taking 500 000 from speaking fees in the overpriced universities they attended.

She is a corporate shill who hates regular people and her tone shows it.

Meanwhile the Trump supporters have their own homes lol.
    Yeah, on wheels.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can I be triggered though when I agreed Hillary was accurate with her statement? I'm just saying let's call a spade a spade here. She threw a jab.
    Threw a jab? Her statement wasn't an insult.

She implies that sanders is leading them on because they are young, naive and unreasonable. She sees herself as the person who has to teach them humility and living within their means while taking 500 000 from speaking fees in the overpriced universities they attended.
    Again, read the full context!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

And you completely missed how I was cherry picking parts of your comments to quote on, essentially doing the exact same thing you were doing.
    That's okay though, I didn't expect you to get it anyways. I had hope though!
    lol, I did not say I was doing the same thing or deny doing the same thing. I'll leave it for you to guess.

That being said, if you want to have an idea of what she meant, read the previous sentence before the "basement" comment.

She said they're enthusiastic and idealistic but that promises shouldn't be made that can't be kept.

This is not in any way belittling.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Threw a jab? Her statement wasn't an insult.
    Sanders voters know little about politics.... live in their parents basement..... ok.... that's a compliment?

7+ Year Old Account
    lol, I did not say I was doing the same thing or deny doing the same thing. I'll leave it for you to guess.

That being said, if you want to have an idea of what she meant, read the previous sentence before the "basement" comment.
    Man, this is too easy......
    Seriously, you like to think you're not 'triggered', but your responses to the people in this thread are just downright HILARIOUS.
    Thanks for the popcorn time.

7+ Year Old Account

She didn't though. If you think it's an insult, then you're clearly triggered by those words. You should go back to your safe space.

Sanders voters know little about politics.... live in their parents basement..... ok.... that's a compliment?
    No it's not a a compliment it's not an insult either it's a statement of fact. If she had said something along the lines of Bernie supporters are all basement dwellers who aren't willing to do anything to improve their life than that would be a jab.

Man, this is too easy......
    Seriously, you like to think you're not 'triggered', but your responses to the people in this thread are just downright HILARIOUS.
    Thanks for the popcorn time.
    You're welcome. When you learn about sarcasm, and the manner that Hillary used it in, you will find that funny as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome. When you learn about sarcasm, and the manner that Hillary used it in, you will find that funny as well.
    You know, you're almost as entertaining as Orlong or Hooked. You still have a ways to go before you get on their level however.
    Keep up the good work though!