Thread: [TV] Westworld

Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    At this point, it really could be a matrix type situation with multiple layers.

- - - Updated - - -

I"m sure someone would post that the show jumped the shark again.
    That would be really dumb considering the themes of the show are technology and human behavior.

The whole point of westworld in this series was collecting data on people with their cowboy hats so they could learn to predict and perhaps even emulate people by re creating them. Something they showed us in season 2 with the top guy at Delos. But they couldnt get it down and the host version of the person would keep going insane. Then later expanded on in season 3 by showing a supercomputer using data of people to make the "perfect world" or at least stop it from collapsing.

If there is no westworld they never collected that data which makes season 2 and 3 complete horseshit.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-05-23 at 09:00 PM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    That would be really dumb considering the themes of the show are technology and human behavior.

The whole point of westworld in this series was collecting data on people with their cowboy hats so they could learn to predict and perhaps even emulate people by re creating them. Something they showed us in season 2 with the top guy at Delos. But they couldnt get it down and the host version of the person would keep going insane. Then later expanded on in season 3 by showing a supercomputer using data of people to make the "perfect world" or at least stop it from collapsing.

If there is no westworld they never collected that data which makes season 2 and 3 complete horseshit.

But what if AI figures up that it lives in a alien simulated world. Like that this earth is just simulation of whole universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    But what if AI figures up that it lives in a alien simulated world. Like that this earth is just simulation of whole universe.
    The AI needed information from the park to exist in the first place.

So in that case it would be a chicken before an egg.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/westwor...id-1234797702/

Production of S04 is taking a break because of, obviously, Covid

Is there a show or movie that hasn't been impacted?

26th of June !

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    26th of June !

I have precisely 0 expectations left after season 3 but I will keep watching this shitshow purely due to investment at this point. Lets hope for the best.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely gonna have to watch a 'remember all this' refresher youtube video on the first three seasons! Hell, I had trouble keeping character name straight during the 3rd season and that was before a 2+ year break =D.

Still enjoying the show as a whole; but also agree Season 3 was the weakest (so far).
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    S4E1 felt like it needed to be longer, or just focused on one or two characters first.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only understood what's going on in the first episode by the end of it. And I'm left with a feeling that we didn't need a 4th season.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I forgot every damn thing that happed in S1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    pretty much this.

Feel with this show its the same as stranger things, its ok to just do one good season and leave it alone.

Turned the ep off half way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Good thing recap videos exist

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Stranger Things is highly overrated but that's just my opinion. Westworld was an awesome show S1&S2. S3 is kinda polarizing though.
    fair points. I thought season 1 was good of stranger things. Basically if I can see myself watching a show again I think its good. With WW i could see myself watching s1 and s2. But after that its meh. some ok ideas but the longer shows go on the more absurd they get.

Another good show that outlived its own creative impulses. What a shame.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    S4E1 felt like it needed to be longer, or just focused on one or two characters first.
    Yeah there was alot of jumping around where it felt like we didn't really get the proper introduction to a season premiere

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Good thing recap videos exist
    THIS!!

Esp. after the extra-long haitus for some of our favorite shows over the Pandemic years - we've relied on youtube recap videos for a whole slew of shows returning this year. Westworld was absolutely one of them!

We really only needed it for s3 though - s1/s2 being a more coherent and engaging storyline (to us) and knowing we felt still 'confused' about everything (keeping characters straight especially) at the end of s3 when it was fresh. A season 3 recap video was VERY helpful.

Also found out we missed the post-credits sceneS at the season 3 finale so....very glad we watched a recap! =D

As for first episode - outside of thinking the show was ending just fine at the end of last season - it was 'alright.' I mean its just a first episode so I don't ask for much more than what we got - an establishment of "when/where" some (if not all) of our main characters are now and what plot point we're picking up on for the season. Check and check.

I'm actually more confused by statements made in an article I've read since watching the Season Opener then anything in the show. Those statements have to do with the show stating that Christine is NOT Delores and was "never meant to be Delores or be seen as her." And all I can think is, "bullshit - if you didn't want Christine to be seen, or assumed (however wrongly) to be connected to Delores you wouldn't have used the same actress. You know how you set this show up and how it works. Don't pretend it wasn't purposeful - even if its purpose was to confuse the viewers until they figured it out." But that's nothing to do with the show itself, as I said.

I just hope this season is more coherent and easier to track than Season 3. Using everyone and their host-clones-whatever as double-triple-characters was a bit much. Or as hubby commented, "They went Battlestar with it - He's a Cylon - she's a cylon - they're a cylon! Everyone's a cylon!" (meant as an insulting statement - hubby thought it was dumb in BSG too).
    Last edited by Koriani; 2022-06-29 at 05:21 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Yeah there was alot of jumping around where it felt like we didn't really get the proper introduction to a season premiere
    Yeah, and there are still quite a bit of returning characters we need to be brought back up to speed on. Hoping the next few episodes don't feel as disjointed.

E2 open up some fun possibilities, even if it might remind me of every TNG holodeck episode with Picard playing a gumshoe. That's not a bad thing.

Previous poster was right. What was turning into an interesting E3 spin became everyone's a Cylon. Oh! Daniel Wu!
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2022-07-11 at 03:57 AM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Anyone still watching? Ep 4 was finally something worth of Westworld. Worth the build-up.

After episode 4 I can't shake the suspicion that Caleb actually signed up for a hardcore meta version of Westworld. The clue is that the Golden Age Westworld group already played the easter egg where they tried to escape their own WestWorld. Caleb is playing the serious version of that.