Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, this will only get worse. World of Warcraft is losing subscribers, and Blizzard fully realizes they need to keep the current playerbase busy. That's why everything takes a fuckton of time to complete. That's why, currently, leveling alts is extremely unforgiving and time consuming.

Blizzard wants you to stick around to pay that subscription fee. They don't care about you, all they care about is money. I mean, the class advancement research alone takes more than a month, so if you want all that, you need to pay at least two months subscription fee.

Legion looks great, a lot of effort has been put into it, but at its core, it's a massive grind fest. A lot of content also stays releveant. The whole Warforged and Titanforged gear keeps heroics relevant for far longer than would normally be the case, as with Mythic and Mythic+. You used to be done doing all that stuff at a certain point, and that point will come for sure, but it just takes a lot longer than it used to take.
    Statix will suffice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    So, what you're saying is more time-gating?
    Yes I absolutely am. Ultimately, time-game is excellent developing tool if you use it properly. Done right it accelerates gaming process. Unfortunately, Blizzard tend to give in to extremes and implement ridiculous gating or no gating at all. Blizzard are capable to implement flexible staggering cooldowns, they have all the tools, but decided not to. Its their right but right now this game looks like burnout simulator.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Deleted
    Think of it this way. You play the game for you, you don't play on behalf of anybody else. Blizzard are offering alternative and different ways to get the same thing (Yes it may be a grind) but you're only as good as you want to be. If you don't want to grind, you don't want to be good. Grinding is playing the game to an extent. If you're unhappy with the amount of playing a game, maybe find another game that tickles your fancy?

MMO's are designed to last a long time and to keep you playing as long as possible. The longer you play, essentially, the more successful the game is.

Happy Grinding! My Artifact weapon is only level 15 ... I've missed about 3 weeks of Legion so I'm pretty far behind!

IMO the artifact power grind is way worse than grinding for flasks and pots.

Makes it really time consuming and very difficult for semi-casual raiders to maintain dual specs.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have a problem with PVE. I have no intention of doing more really than the Emissary World Quest because I don't care for doing more, especially having 2 Alts and wanting to level more. My main issue is the RNG with PVP Gear and the Grind for Honor Talents. The RNG with Random BGs and their boxes mean you can spend a session and get a pile of garbage from it. Of my Warrior's gear right now I have two PVP Acquired items, one from a World Quest and another from Rated BGs. The rest of my gear is PVE. With the way Legion RNG works for PVP and the rewards, I could potentially never see a full set of Honor Gear or even feel like I'm working towards an upgrade compared to WoD where you got Honor and also a few Conquest Points, enough for a basic set and a slow creep towards a good piece.

Whilst I know gear is somewhat normalized, it is still nice to get an upgrade. Also, regarding PVP Honor Talents, it feels rubbish how you have to unlock certain abilities at a certain Honor Level. Having to wait 26 or so Honor Levels as a Warrior to unlock Spell Reflect is something I strongly dislike. I'm not a fan of actual abilities being locked behind a PVP Level.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

To the people who complain about "falling behind if they don't grind AP everyday", you do know you won't even notice if you are a trait or two behind, right?

I got UH 20, Blood 16, Frost 16, and compared to the guildies that have put everything into one spec, there is barely a difference between me and them.

The AP you need for higher traits are 60k or what ever, that is like 50-60 WQs for one trait, that gives you about 3% dmg on one spell. If you are behind the others in your guild damage/healing/tanking wise, there is something else the matter, most likely you.

I only do 4 WQs each day, unless there is some item that got the potential of an upgrade. And I do just fine being in a Mythic raiding guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's a good thing it is grindy. People who are able/willing to spend more time in the game should have better/more things than you.

Deleted
    only for gold cause every raid -20k

Simple answer, welcome to wow, welcome to MMO's. Heck, welcome to life, if you want something you will need to work for it.

I don't understand why people complain about "the grind". You absolutely do not have to grind anything, it's a choice. World Quests are a fancy way of saying Daily Quests, which you need to do eventually, but you do not need to do every day. You certainly can do them everyday but why would anyone feel obligated?

I have not focused on any quests for order resources, sure i've done a couple wq that grant them, but the vast majority of my order resources came from leveling. And I am a couple of days into my final order hall mission so that I can equip 2 legendaries, of which I have a grand total of 0.

Other than Nightfallen, i do 4-6 world quests a day per toon, to get the emmissary chest for the day. It takes longer For nightfallen, until I hit exalted a few days ago, I hit up every nightfallen world quest each day 2x a day, because I WANTED to grind the rep as fast as I could. I was not obligated or required to do all of the nightfallen/suramar world quests, I chose to do them. While yes, you can argue that you need to do nightfallen world quests to unlock the Arcway and Court of Stars mythic dungeons, you are not obligated to do so quickly. The loot from these mythics, is questionable at best, despite having to unlock them; there are 8 other mythic dungeons if you want to try for loot upgrades.

I have 3 toons 850 ilvl and ready to raid. Two have seen a normal or heroic raid and none have received any usable loot from a raid. Between world quests, heroics, mythic dungeons and crafted items, there is a lot of loot to go around.

Legion has a lot of content to offer and we are only a month in, I have yet to feel any grind. Except for raid consumable mats, which is a grind, only because people are greedy bastards, but thats a separate topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to MMORPGS. There is grind. Some more than others, less than others, at various times of the games lifespan.

Single player games are this way.
    ----------------------------------------------------->

Deleted
    Grinding is part of the genre. Maybe fps games are more for you.

Btw, the grinding is Legion is less repetative than ever before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Unfortunately, this will only get worse. World of Warcraft is losing subscribers, and Blizzard fully realizes they need to keep the current playerbase busy. That's why everything takes a fuckton of time to complete. That's why, currently, leveling alts is extremely unforgiving and time consuming.

Blizzard wants you to stick around to pay that subscription fee. They don't care about you, all they care about is money. I mean, the class advancement research alone takes more than a month, so if you want all that, you need to pay at least two months subscription fee.

Legion looks great, a lot of effort has been put into it, but at its core, it's a massive grind fest. A lot of content also stays releveant. The whole Warforged and Titanforged gear keeps heroics relevant for far longer than would normally be the case, as with Mythic and Mythic+. You used to be done doing all that stuff at a certain point, and that point will come for sure, but it just takes a lot longer than it used to take.
    I'm guessing this post was just a massive brain fart, right? The bit about alts was pretty amusing though, especially considering Legion levelling is pretty fast in comparison to previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The bit about alts was pretty amusing though, especially considering Legion levelling is pretty fast in comparison to previous expansions.
    Seriously. I've gotten it down to about 8-10 hours which is pretty ridiculous considering that's without heirlooms and gimmicks to prop it up like in WoD

Grinding is all well and good but potions in particular are just absurd in this expansion. I have been grinding starlight rose for weeks and still don't have rank 3. That type of grind is just stupid.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    how does anyone have a lack of resources? ive been doing
    work orders for equipment for my followers
    allways sending guys out on missions
    artifact knowlege 6
    on my final class hall research
    and ive got every class hall item of my item set at 840 (850 for shoudlers) and i still have 6k resources.... how do people have a hard time getting them?
    The only problem with the work orders for equipment/armor upgrade Monks, Druids and Shamans do not get that ability in their class halls.. They have to get theirs by either doing missions where the reward is equipment/armor upgrades, via a weekly challenge a npc or via the emissary caches..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    The only problem with the work orders for equipment/armor upgrade Monks, Druids and Shamans do not get that ability in their class halls.. They have to get theirs by either doing missions where the reward is equipment/armor upgrades, via a weekly challenge a npc or via the emissary caches..
    well all it ever is, is horrid green stuff, on the beta i got a legendary follower equipment, but i havent seen any follower equipment better then green yet, and ive been doing non stop work orders, and the bonus chests

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm guessing this post was just a massive brain fart, right? The bit about alts was pretty amusing though, especially considering Legion levelling is pretty fast in comparison to previous expansions.
    The leveling might be fast, but getting all the treasures and rare-elites again? That's fast too? Oh, and let's not forget doing all the artifact research and class hall advancement again, which doesn't require any effort, but sure does take a fuckton of time.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    After discovering 3chest maw of souls runs that we can do almost 4 of per hour I don't even do world quests anymore unless it is for a very large amount of AP or a specific piece of loot. You get to a point where you don't even feel the need.

Pandaren were a mistake

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cry more filthy casual
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.