Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    My only gripe with UA is that I wish if it was stacked that it would show how many stacks of UA is on the target. Currently theres no quick way to tell if youre dispelling a fresh UA of 1 stack, or a UA thats been stacked multiple times to crazy damage.

Other than that, I have no problems with how UA works now. In past it was either too strong that you couldn't ever dispel it or you were basically screwing yourself, or it was so weak that dispelling it was a no brainer. At least now I feel like theyve found that balance where if a lock has really done well applying his dots and building up UA on a target, you either dont dispel it and take the punishment for letting the lock free cast or you try to dispel it and risk instakilling yourself.

The trick is to play a shaman. Drop counterstrike totem, then dispel UA. Watch lock die.

I know there is a thread here on forums, but damn is it pleasing.

You need to LoS UA casts, kick them, stun them, etc. Affliction locks are good targets, they don't tank like Demo.
    Last edited by Grocery; 2016-10-04 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocery View Post
    The trick is to play a shaman. Drop counterstrike totem, then dispel UA. Watch lock die.
    This is not a... I mean yes shamans, do this, it totally works and in no way will result in you losing the match. This guy knows whats up and his knowledge regarding gameplay mechanics is spot on.

Sincerely, totally not an Aff lock.

I've had match in 2s against another affli Lock with my healer. She got a little nervous about the lock but i said i'll tell her when she should dispel and when not.

Outcome: We won. I did 1,6 million damage (enemy healer never dispelled my DoTs), the enemy lock did ~800k damage, and my healer was laughing in TS how easy aff locks are if you now when to dispel.

I'm amazed at the fact every single xpac it's the same shit
    Blizz put a dispel protection on UA
    People dispel the UA anyway, die as a results and come to bitch on the forum
    Blizzard proceed to remove the protection on UA

Every. Fucking. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    This is not a... I mean yes shamans, do this, it totally works and in no way will result in you losing the match. This guy knows whats up and his knowledge regarding gameplay mechanics is spot on.

Sincerely, totally not an Aff lock.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-UA-Backlash

Did Blizz nerf it? Last week we did it multiple times. There was also a thread on AJ about it.

Grow a pair of balls and smash that UA with a mass dispel. That's how boys become men.

Wonder when they will nerf demonology, because double meele cannot mongo demo warlocks in 6 second stun. I believe that below 2k rating many of them still sacrifice themselfs to fel lord when trying to mongo warlock.

This is why warlocks can't have nice things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Wonder when they will nerf demonology, because double meele cannot mongo demo warlocks in 6 second stun. I believe that below 2k rating many of them still sacrifice themselfs to fel lord when trying to mongo warlock.
    I feel the fel lord is separating the good Melee from the retarded. Not many are smart enough to work around it.

Deleted
    Can people please stop coming to our class section and crying for nerfs. The QQ is so bad Blizz actually give in, and look at the state of Warlocks in both PvP and PVE this expac, sigh.

It's common knowledge for years that UA hurts you if dispelled, L2P issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Last time I checked most classes don't do nearly that much damage in a single spell. UA honestly needs a slight nerf, that's just ridiculous.
    It's a good thing it's not a single spell, it's actually multiple casts of the same spell, woah.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    And this is why nobody likes warlocks in PvP, not so much that UA dmg is pretty damn high (50-75% of a players health is too high) but the warlock players reaction to it.
    Ua doing stupid damage when stacked is fine.
    Ua 1 shotting you if dispelled is broken, shard refund would be a better solution.
    Nothing should literally 1 shot you, no matter how much you mess up.
    Where's the punishment for dispelling moonfire, sunfire, VT (3 sec fear cant compare to 4 sec silence and 400k dmg). Warlocks are just being spoiled and acting like they always do. Cry until they are op, and then defend their opness by saying they were bad before and deserve to be op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    even during early Wotlk healers whined about UA being "OP" despite them being able to heal through the dots with no problem, it seems healers these days are still mindless dispell bots.
    What are you even talking about, man? There's a time and place to dispel a UA and take the risk of a swap in stride, that's more or less how it worked up until this patch.. you pick the spot. You're not 'bad' if you dispel a UA unless you don't notice the icon and consider what was happening.

Under no circumstances should a UA 75-80% > 1 shot on dispel. Should def. punish a dispeller if stacked enough to open an opportunity.. if it kills or almost kills the dispeller it removes the conditional skill that comes from recognizing/planning a swap or pressure or recognizing the potential for one and avoiding.

Saying it's fine with damage that high is akin to saying 'I'm too stupid to do my job.. can I just spam UA into a target and pray the dispel protection does it for me?'. Personally, I'd be looking for a real solution for locks and not defending silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    . You're not 'bad' if you dispel a UA
    Actually you are bad if you dispel UA, whole point of UA is to act as protection for your other DoTs against dispel button mashing healers and this was stated by Blizzard multiple times over different expansions, to sum it up in more simpler terms: Dispelling UA equals to standing in fire on purpose and wondering why the fire is damaging you.

Late reply but eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they nerf the dispel protection from 200% to 100%?

Thing is, the reason why the protection is there so Warlock's dots can do their thing. It's no fun when you actually take the time to get your stacks (especially when melee are on top of you) up then a healer just dispels them without any penalty. Kind of defeats the purpose of being an Affli Lock.

If they reduce the backlash damage then atleast increase the silence from 4 secs to 6 secs. Good trade off for losing damage to gaining risk on healers.

Deleted
    Warlocks are now blizzards favorite, in group are also monks and mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    even during early Wotlk healers whined about UA being "OP" despite them being able to heal through the dots with no problem, it seems healers these days are still mindless dispell bots.
    It's not the fact that the DoT does no damage, it's the dispel protection. Allowing CC to go full duration unless you blow trinket. Having to get a player to sit on the Warlock for the sole purpose of interrupting makes the DH, the standard focus target, run amock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    those poor melee nubs need to dance in and out of Fell Lord hit box, i did 2s another day, poor lock poped it thinking it will stop my Ret from killing him he was DEAD wrong