What rank does Aff get decent?

Got 13 ranks in (1 in Hideous Corruption heading towards Wrath of Consumption.) I was practicing with dummies last night and could only pull 110k dps with Soul Effigy, Siphon, GoServ, etc. I'm used to Destro so I get about 195k with that, and even on Demo I get about 180k (and I'm not proficient.)

Mastery at 92%, Haste at 13% unbuffed for Affliction. Do I need to invest more ranks into the Deadwind before it starts to get better or what? Or do I have some other issue I'm missing? My Harvester is only at 819 iLevel with some crappy relics btw.

Deleted
    It doesn;t, affliction has very low single target damage

It's either badly designed, or the devs intended our strength to be AOE mythic+ and raid trash.

Pure single target like Ursoc, we're awful.

Dragons of Nightmare or Eye we're pretty good. Luckily there's not too many single target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by discoslice View Post
    Got 13 ranks in (1 in Hideous Corruption heading towards Wrath of Consumption.) I was practicing with dummies last night and could only pull 110k dps with Soul Effigy, Siphon, GoServ, etc. I'm used to Destro so I get about 195k with that, and even on Demo I get about 180k (and I'm not proficient.)

Mastery at 92%, Haste at 13% unbuffed for Affliction. Do I need to invest more ranks into the Deadwind before it starts to get better or what? Or do I have some other issue I'm missing? My Harvester is only at 819 iLevel with some crappy relics btw.
    I'm getting around 185k, but I have Soul Flame and Wrath as my two golden traits. The normal traits in between those two along with my artifact being 866 could be the reason. I have 104% mastery, 25% haste and 7% crit with an overall ilvl of 845. All three my relics boosts my Agony for a total of 24% extra damage.

Talents are 2/2/x/1/x/2/1

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It doesn;t, affliction has very low single target damage

It's either badly designed, or the devs intended our strength to be AOE mythic+ and raid trash.
    You literally never post anything constructive. Is your entire purpose to talk shit about everything Warlock? You clearly don't enjoy the class and aren't doing well with it - perhaps you should reroll?

@ the OP. No amount of traits is really going to boost your damage outrageously. It is likely a rotational thing. Care to walk us through your rotation/cast sequences? Warcraft Logs - if you have any - help greatly.

He answered OP's question directly with a correct answer. Affliction is terrible atm, and for every encounter in EN demo/destro is better and OP should stop putting AP into aff for the time being. Don't know why you're getting super defensive of the warlock class; we are bad (aff) to mediocre (demo/destro although destro is good for some fights like dragons) right now. The logs don't lie.

Deleted

1. any non permanent stat incrase, like racial, flask, trinket proc incrase the torment soul generation and shard
    2. use permanent corruption, full ur staff use ur racia, trinkedt and pur corruption to boss, after teh buffs gone the damage of dost will nto change
    3. if u spam agony on target the damage will incrase after every cast (like normly with dots but much faster), and have a chance to geneate shard.
    4. reaply all dots if ur staff got tormented soul except corruption. in my bould the diference in agony dot 50k vs 72k what is huge with or without soul.

i have 849 ilevel, now every stuf i have haste/mastery stats i can make 180-200k dps on single target and insane aoe damage.

our best start is the haste. buts claw enchant if u have no better neck buy the 840 one from nightfallens. enchant, gem everything to haste use haste or intellect food. but here is the main problem is ur low level staff. do the classhall quest and turn into 850.

Quote Originally Posted by turan View Post
    1. any non permanent stat incrase, like racial, flask, trinket proc incrase the torment soul generation and shard
    2. use permanent corruption, full ur staff use ur racia, trinkedt and pur corruption to boss, after teh buffs gone the damage of dost will nto change
    3. if u spam agony on target the damage will incrase after every cast (like normly with dots but much faster), and have a chance to geneate shard.
    4. reaply all dots if ur staff got tormented soul except corruption. in my bould the diference in agony dot 50k vs 72k what is huge with or without soul.

i have 849 ilevel, now every stuf i have haste/mastery stats i can make 180-200k dps on single target and insane aoe damage.

our best start is the haste. buts claw enchant if u have no better neck buy the 840 one from nightfallens. enchant, gem everything to haste use haste or intellect food. but here is the main problem is ur low level staff. do the classhall quest and turn into 850.
    Actually, Affliction scales the hardest with Mastery on single target and when there multiple targets, Mastery is even stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    Actually, Affliction scales the hardest with Mastery on single target and when there multiple targets, Mastery is even stronger.
    there is one thing the simcraft and another the game. more haste faster dots, more tormented soul, more shard-> more dps.

- - - Updated - - -

3hours sleeping ruin grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by turan View Post
    there is one thing the simcraft and another the game. more haste faster dots, more tormented soul, more shard-> more dps.

- - - Updated - - -

3hours sleeping ruin grammar.
    Also means weaker dots. You're free to believe what you want but the fact is : Mastery > Haste. You're also vouching for casting Agony multiple times in a row to increase its stack and you're also saying to reapply all Dots manually when we you get Tormented Souls which serves no purpose due to dots damage being dynamic. Intellect food is also not good for affliction, both Mastery (the best) and haste (sub optimal) are better than it.

No offense meant but all your suggesting are pretty commonly known bad things to do for Affliction and just shows general lack of knowledge about the spec.
    Last edited by Dwill; 2016-10-03 at 04:22 AM.

thanks all for your input, I'm sure this is a combination of only 13 ranks in the Harvester, along with some weak relics and lower-than-desired Mastery. Another thing I noticed was that Soul Effigy just isn't fun (i know I'm not alone here.) I understand the point of it but all you are doing is reapplying the same dots to it (save Unstable.)

Question: whenever I get a soulshard to pop, should I immediately use it on Unstable? Or is there any point to save them up to do multiple UA's in a row?

Just ran my first heroic with Demo in the meantime and I did decently. My larger goal is to find a class I can be proficient and enjoy all 3 specs of. I really like the flavor of Warlocks and find the 3 specs quite diverse at least. Doesn't mean everything is fun, but, i'm enjoying experimenting.

I agree that Soul Effigy isn't much fun, but it's a necessity in long ST-fights if you wanna utilize your dmg properly.

Currently a 850 lock, with 125% mastery and 16% haste.

Before answering your question I just want to point out something I've noticed as affliction. You gotta be really picky with your gear. I do some raiding, and I've found myself passing on most of the gear that drops that doesn't contain my desired stat combo. As it currently stands (for me at least), I weigh mastery over int, so unless I get a 20+ ilevel upgrade with int, the pieces are rarely worth it as it might end up sending me bellow the damage I had before.

When it comes to soulshard, I spend mine conservatively. UA uses snapshots again, so I want to make sure I can dish out as much damage as possible when I first pop it, so I wait for either a trinket procc or the artifact to get popped for 10+ seconds before I start spending my shards. If you get on 4 shards, you should cast one though, as you don't want to get maxed out.

Affliction is in a somewhat bad state at the moment, but I'm sure it will be fixed over time.

Deleted
    I have been maining Affliction from the moment i got 16/16/16 for all artifacts. Currently at R19 for the scythe. My Relics are + corruption dmg in both shadow slots, + shadow damage in the blood slot.

I went for the Corruption Golden drake and the stacking dmg buff golden trait first. I am running at 16/13/117 crit/haste/mastery unbuffed. at ilvl 851. I pull around 250 - 300k on ST bosses.

EDIT:

Talents: Agony,Perm Corrupt, Effigy.
    Last edited by mmoca62d093b0c; 2016-10-03 at 06:44 AM.

I would respec if I were you. You sacrificed almost everything that really matters in order to get to Soul Flame. Shadowy incantations is sup-optimal imo at your level as well. Respec, Take compounding Horror and then Start from Inimitable Agony and head towards Wrath of Consumption. You will still be the same traits away from the 2nd golden trait but you will have empowered your Agony & UA by a significant amount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    You literally never post anything constructive. Is your entire purpose to talk shit about everything Warlock? You clearly don't enjoy the class and aren't doing well with it - perhaps you should reroll?

@ the OP. No amount of traits is really going to boost your damage outrageously. It is likely a rotational thing. Care to walk us through your rotation/cast sequences? Warcraft Logs - if you have any - help greatly.
    I answered with the truth. Affliction's single target damage is very low, it's strength is AOE for Mythic+ and raid trash.

You're just building up false hopes and expectations if you want to imply otherwise. Affliction's niche role is sustained AOE with a burst at the end, it is good for long lived trashpacks. It's sustained single target damage is very low, and to achieve the maximum you have to forgoe it's AOE.

This is either bad design, or it is intentional, that the devs deliberately designed affliction to be this way - in th epast, affliction's strength was sustained singlet target with poor aoe. We now have the reverse of this.

I've put my AP into affliction as it is my first love and I utterly loathe destruction. However, from a pure performance viewpoint, the OP would be better off investing in destruction. It is better at everything except sustained aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks all for your input, I'm sure this is a combination of only 13 ranks in the Harvester, along with some weak relics and lower-than-desired Mastery. Another thing I noticed was that Soul Effigy just isn't fun (i know I'm not alone here.) I understand the point of it but all you are doing is reapplying the same dots to it (save Unstable.)

Question: whenever I get a soulshard to pop, should I immediately use it on Unstable? Or is there any point to save them up to do multiple UA's in a row?

Just ran my first heroic with Demo in the meantime and I did decently. My larger goal is to find a class I can be proficient and enjoy all 3 specs of. I really like the flavor of Warlocks and find the 3 specs quite diverse at least. Doesn't mean everything is fun, but, i'm enjoying experimenting.
    Soul Effigy is pretty much mandatory for single target. However it is extremely unfun (I presume the devs thought "these guys love multidotting"). It turns every fight into a council style one, and it's pretty horrid to maximise something with more than one target already. One of the biggest pains is that some encounter shave large rooms, and you have to try to stay in range of the Effigy, this is beyond stupid, it should have an infinite hitbox. The tanks love to pull Nythendra around, and Ursoc requires you to kite him around the room (talking heroic modes here)

Shards should be reserved for Compounding Horror procs unless you are apporaching or at cap, because at that point if a shard procs it is wasted.

Get the Pawn add-on, it's for gear and tells you if something is an upgrade or not. I only just used it last night and got a 10k DPS boost from gear I already had. I had items I thought won't be worthwhile for Affliction, turned out I was wrong. You have to manually set the stat weights, but you can find those on Icey Veins.