Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Applauds Draco for trying to inform people... good luck in your epic quest there sir!

Draco has both infinite patience, and no patience at all. It's enigmatic

As always, draco giving well-thought out and cleanly explained posts to people who don't deserve it all.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpor View Post
    Nice post, 10/10, would trust it again. How about you get your lazy ass to make simulations yourself?
    Rule #1 never trust simulations 100%. It can however be a point in the right direction for some people.
    Use damage meters (if you have to) and figure stuff out by yourself that is what we had to "..back in the days.." And it still works for me. Yes I might look on pages like icy veins for a starter after big class changes, but from that point I fight stuff out by my self. Find ways to be top-dps in different encounters etc.

very interesting pictures here.
    no trait relic is worth more dps than a relic with same itemlvl and some not-used trait in the sim.

Hmm ok. very clearly this is correct. (hint its not, it should be exactly the same, if the trait doesnt apply, only ilvl matters), and there are "theorycrafters" that even publicate such inherently wrong stuff. Congratz on the sim-believers, or better said sim-tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    no trait relic is worth more dps than a relic with same itemlvl and some not-used trait in the sim.

Hmm ok. very clearly this is correct. (hint its not, it should be exactly the same, if the trait doesnt apply, only ilvl matters), and there are "theorycrafters" that even publicate such inherently wrong stuff. Congratz on the sim-believers, or better said sim-tools.
    Not sure if troll.
    If not, please visit page 4...

You are that kind of of person who should just listen to what someone tells you, because if you end up thinking on your own, you will end up with a mess.
    Last edited by KrayZee; 2016-11-08 at 05:53 PM.

Is this really so hard to understand for people?

no trait and +X ilvl are basically synonymous for +Xilvl with a non-dps increasing trait.

The trait sims are for the trait itself at equivalent ilvl to the base. If you have +2 ilvl and +4ilvl+dps trait, you combine the damage bonus of the trait and the ilvl, its a mix and match system to account for a HUGE number of possible relic comparisons.

It is NOT saying +trait but +no bonus ilvl on weapon, its saying +trait at the SAME ilvl of your other relic you are comparing against.

I could explain this on and on 50 different ways, but if you dont understand it, you just need to go re-read the guide 10 times until you do. And if you still don't. Then it doesnt matter what you pick becauase you can't read and comprehend enough to do good dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrol View Post
    Is this really so hard to understand for people?

no trait and +X ilvl are basically synonymous for +Xilvl with a non-dps increasing trait.

The trait sims are for the trait itself at equivalent ilvl to the base. If you have +2 ilvl and +4ilvl+dps trait, you combine the damage bonus of the trait and the ilvl, its a mix and match system to account for a HUGE number of possible relic comparisons.

It is NOT saying +trait but +no bonus ilvl on weapon, its saying +trait at the SAME ilvl of your other relic you are comparing against.

I could explain this on and on 50 different ways, but if you dont understand it, you just need to go re-read the guide 10 times until you do. And if you still don't. Then it doesnt matter what you pick becauase you can't read and comprehend enough to do good dps.
    The same calculation done x amount of times will not give different results. same is same, 2*2 = 4 , always and not sometimes its 5. thats how math works. Und u people fail to grasp this concept.

A Mathematical model, that should have the exact same ouput because nothing in its variables have changed, should not have different outputs.

If dps of a trait is non-relevant for calculation, and u compare it to a non-trait variant, u are ought to get the same result.
    The screenshot on p4 prooves that the model has a systemic error, therefor u can scrap the model.

I want to show you a more understandable comparison in following thought experiment:
    Its like learning the first law of thermodynamics , then watching energy produced from nothing because heat in the universe is increasing and you are " well the first law is made by a theorycrafter, so it must be true" instead of acknowledging the law is shit and god exists.

The same calculation done x amount of times will not give different results. same is same, 2*2 = 4 , always and not sometimes its 5. thats how math works. Und u people fail to grasp this concept.

A Mathematical model, that should have the exact same ouput because nothing in its variables have changed, should not have different outputs.

If dps of a trait is non-relevant for calculation, and u compare it to a non-trait variant, u are ought to get the same result.
    The screenshot on p4 prooves that the model has a systemic error, therefor u can scrap the model.

I want to show you a more understandable comparison in following thought experiment:
    Its like learning the first law of thermodynamics , then watching energy produced from nothing because heat in the universe is increasing and you are " well the first law is made by a theorycrafter, so it must be true" instead of acknowledging the law is shit and god exists.
    You fail to realise that simulations SIMULATE a fight (with all the various factors, crit, procs etc) over a HUGE amount of fights, then takes the average - both the "bad" and the "good" and the "normal" pulls - and gives you a value. This is why, as I explained in my post on the previous page, there is something called "A margin of error" - if you do 10.000 fights and take the average of 10.000 fights, then do ANOTHER 10.000 fights and take the average of THOSE fights, you are not guaranteed to get the *exact* same number. You are going to get something that's VERY close (say, 32 dps out 450.000), but getting EXACTLY the same is statistically implausible.

To put it in terms you might understand:
    The math to figure out how good things are isn't as simple as 2*2=4. Simulations are not simple mathematical equations.

Say i have a relic that is +40 itemlevels and dps trait 1, and another relic thats +40 itemlevels and dps trait 2

You do not need sim results of all +X itemlevels up to 40 or higher, and you do not need all +X ilvls along with every permutation possibility of dps traits paired with the ilvls.

You can simply see that both ilvls are the same, and you are only comparing the dps traits. Thus you look at the sims for dps trait 1 vs dps trait 2 to decide which to use.

If you instead have an ilvl difference along with a dps trait, it requires addition/subtraction of the sim results for dps gained from trait along with dps gained from ilvl and compared to decide.

I'm done explaining now. any metaphors or whatever are obscuring the point of all of this. The sims are correct, and make perfect sense. Whether you understand why or not really makes no difference at this point.

I would take Icy-veins with a grain of salt and rely on forum guides since they seem to be updated more frequently. I looked at talents on Icy-veins a couple days ago only to find out that the talents there hadn't even been updated for 7.1 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsurge View Post
    I would take Icy-veins with a grain of salt and rely on forum guides since they seem to be updated more frequently. I looked at talents on Icy-veins a couple days ago only to find out that the talents there hadn't even been updated for 7.1 yet.
    Yeal all the talent changes MM had in 7.1 were really huge, he must be so swamped with work and hasnt been able to update them yet. There was just too many changes to handle all at once with the talents in 7.1.

Really hope he updates it soon, I'd like to know how the talent changes affect MM.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksma...ds-pet-talents
    25 Oct. 2016: Updated for Patch 7.1.
    Updated Posthaste's duration. Was changed in Patch 7.1 to be 5 seconds (down from 8).
    Trailblazer replaces Dash.
    Updated the reference to Vulnerable in the description of Patient Sniper.

a couple days ago
    25 Oct. 2016: Updated for Patch 7.1.

You will note that these changes affect literally fucking nothing.

I quit the internet.

Edit: What i said applies to MM, forgot this was a BM thread, my point still stands because BM received the same lack of talent changes as MM did
    Last edited by Arrol; 2016-11-08 at 07:55 PM.

Why was Nirv banned for this post? Makes 0 sense. Is this site run by communists snowflakes or something?

1) They weren't banned for that post. You can see that they have posts dating from today. This post is a year old.

2) Why are you posting on a one year old thread? How'd you even find it? Why'd you decide to post on it?

So many baffling things.

The place where you go when you get banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondonian View Post
    Why was Nirv banned for this post? Makes 0 sense. Is this site run by communists snowflakes or something?
    Don't go in gen ot i got some bad news for you.

Don't necro threads and especially not to discuss moderation. Closing this here.

CLOSED.