Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can actually fight under water as long as it is a melee weapon. A ranged weapon won't do a light or heavy attack. And no abilities. Being under water and opening the inventory I get since the breath meter is so short. But when you get the "second slow" in the water is when things get locked down. The inventory should get locked until you can actually drown and not when you are still above water.
    Ah today I learned about melee weapons, guess that is what I get for mostly being fire staff/ice gauntlet of late. Yeah the second slow one is the one I mean, if I'm not drowning why can I not open my bags? But I'd rather just be able to open my bags while moving since I do that more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why is water bad for me but not for NPCs?
    How many NPC's engage with water with any regularity outside of stuff like crocs and stuff? Genuine question, since I rarely ever come across anything other than a water animal around there for the most part unless like, I intentionally drag a mob there.

The game doesn’t tell me water is bad.
    See above. It absolutely does through design. It doesn't put a giant pop up saying, "WATER IS BAD" on the screen, or a little tutorial bubble. It assume players are paying attention to the game and noticing that the water is dangerous for their characters and deciding, "Hey, I should avoid that.", and then maybe noticing later that it's intentionally placed in some locations to provide an environmental hazard in PvP combat.

I'm still blown away by how much time we're spending talking about fuckin water.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    See above. It absolutely does through design. It doesn't put a giant pop up saying, "WATER IS BAD" on the screen, or a little tutorial bubble. It assume players are paying attention to the game and noticing that the water is dangerous for their characters and deciding, "Hey, I should avoid that.", and then maybe noticing later that it's intentionally placed in some locations to provide an environmental hazard in PvP combat.

I'm still blown away by how much time we're spending talking about fuckin water.
    I still don't see how this is related to the issues at hand.
    You can have water do all these things you just said and it would still be bad design if you instantly died as soon as your feet get wet.

Water is also a ressource you need in this game and that's actually not that hazarderous after all.

The very fact that people get into trouble and unexpectedly so, all the time, when water is involved should make you reconsider if it's actually designed well or not.
    They don't expect stuff to happen like that because it's not "natural" to be the way it is.
    Just like how one would not expect to climb up a small ledge when the character could just lift up his leg 10-20cm to get over it.
    You wouldn't say "oh look, there are strong monsters there and fighting is difficult next to ledges and that's why they put them all around PVP zones."

The issue is about the gameplay involving water, not water itself. It has nothing to do with "not agreeing" with it when it's done as bad as it is in New World.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-29 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post

https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730#All

Star Citizen New World looks like doing hella good so far...

Time to start merging servers I guess.
    I mean, this could be showing new realms at 4 am for all we know.

If you’re looking for a job I’m sure CNN would love to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

The lowest realm on US east right now (1:51 am) is at 117 players which while it is low, it isn't this low. I feel like he took a picture 30 seconds after the servers came up from maintenance or something

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You said it was a bad design. How? What does it contradict in the rules the player must interface with- games are about gameplay. Gameplay is how you must play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

You drown in the water and are slowed and limited significantly in actions by the water. This is both an object hazard and an impediment.

Why (detached of your feelings) is it bad design; what does it contradict in the game rules as expressed to the player?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, patch-related; the stealth nerfs are somewhat irritating to me but there is a pretty big bug with the trading post now because of it. Probably wanna check your offline sales or remove your pending sales.
    But theres no reason why water should be hazardous for the reasons you give. I mean, if the water was toxic, if there were mobs in the depths or literally anything else in the water - then ok fair enough. But it isnt. ITs just "you cant swim". Someone argue that "we carry so much material so cant swim, to heavy", others(like you) say water is haradzous and dangerous.

For the first one: If thats a RPG aspect they want to uphold, it should count for everything. If im naked = I can swim.

For the second one: ITs not hazardous at all. Its just a gameplay barrier for whatever reason I dont understand. If they wanted water to be hazardous and intimidating, they would have made it so. As it is now, its just silly and bad. Its not dangerous at all, just silly.

In any case, not being able to swim looks like a rather minor issue in NW. There are ALOT of other way more serious issues with it. If this keeps going for a bit more, its going to tank so hard.

The no swimming and walking underwater was a early sign of how unfinished this game clearly is. It just doesnt make sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The lowest realm on US east right now (1:51 am) is at 117 players which while it is low, it isn't this low. I feel like he took a picture 30 seconds after the servers came up from maintenance or something
    There are 600 servers. 300 are basically completely dead, even during primetime. About 200 don't average 1000 players per primetime. And then you have 100 relatively busy servers. Just check New World Status for this during the primetime if you want to know about, it's very obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm as well, but it continues because the reasons given why water is "bad" or "hazardous" in this game are beyond silly, if we're completely honest. It's just another way of trying to excuse and defend the decision to not add swimming, but with very weak arguments overall. At the end of the day it's still water. Water is not bad, water per se is not hazardous. Especially not when you're knee-deep in a completely still pond yet can't do anything besides slowly walk out of it.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-29 at 07:18 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

got to a try a war yesterday and got to see that invincibility exploit first hand. that shit's going to kill the game quick if they can't sort it. that was only the second settlement lost to that company on my server doing this but since they've gotten away with it twice now i think it's safe to say they'll continue to do it.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

There are 600 servers. 300 are basically completely dead, even during primetime. About 200 don't average 1000 players per primetime. And then you have 100 relatively busy servers. Just check New World Status for this during the primetime you want to know about, it's very obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm as well, but it continues because the reasons given why water is "bad" or "hazardous" in this game are beyond silly, if we're completely honest. It's just another way of trying to excuse and defend the decision to not add swimming, but with very weak arguments overall. At the end of the day it's still water. Water is not bad, water per se is not hazardous. Especially not when you're knee-deep in a completely still pond yet can't do anything besides slowly walk out of it.
    This would become an issue eventually, with the servers. The servers themself holds very few players, while they also launched with very few servers. I cant believe Amazon actually thought they had enough servers at launch, its just so weird. Everyone knew it was to little. Now they have launched to many and most servers are dead, not a shock at all either.

The servers should have had higher pop count in the first place. They should also launched with may more servers and be upfront that X & Y servers would be merged/connected after a while. So if my friends rolled on server 1 but that got 10k queue, I could roll on server 13 cause thats going to merge with server 1 after a few weeks. Take the launch queues off, merge servers together when everything quiets down.

It gotta suck HARD playing NW on dead servers now. Game just launched and theres players out there on dead servers just after a few weeks.

The water thing: Its just plain weird and bad. They could easily have done something about it. Make us swim, but slower. Put mobs in the water that are hard to kill. If undressed, we can swim and so on. Theres plenty of ideas. The water thing was just a early indication that NW aint finished. In the end though, water aint the main issue..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Done almost all the content in the game and any bugs/issues i have encountered were nothing more than a mild inconveniance, occasional lag in wars, nothing that you cant just put up with until its sorted, exploits are something that players will always try and find but with the amount of time investment you need in this game its stupid to even try to exploit intentionally as its not worth losing your account.
    The game is deeply flawed on a very fundamental level. You not experiencing any kind of inconvenience does not mean that the game is not completely broken on the back end. In fact, rather than explaining it, I'll just let Josh Strife Hayes do it.

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The game is deeply flawed on a very fundamental level. You not experiencing any kind of inconvenience does not mean that the game is not completely broken on the back end. In fact, rather than explaining it, I'll just let Josh Strife Hayes do it.

I had heard about this, but I thought I just didn't understand what people were on about. Having seen this video today, Jesus. Especially if the part about the Python script is true, I have absolutely no words on this

Are you even serious? Like honestly. Everybody knows how bad the situation is at the moment. Even Amazon. And yet here you are, trying to wave away everything by saying it‘s actually not that bad!. The house is burning and it’s burning for the entire week and all you have to say is it doesn’t affect me. Yeah, if you constantly tell yourself that you’re not affected, you delude yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is water bad for me but not for NPCs? The game doesn’t tell me water is bad. The game treats water like something entirely else, it just looks like water. That’s a difference.
    You have been nay saying in this thread for far too long noone takes you seriously, if you play a new game and especially with a new developers first MMO game you expect issues, the game is more than playable and has plenty to do in it currently.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Combat under water is kinda ridiculous when you think about it. How can you fire weapons or swing weapons under water? At best you could maybe harvest some resources.

But not having at least a swimming animation is just inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Some are transitory issues, like most games. But there are some which are pretty affecting of gameplay. Anything that affects gameplay endemically is not a mild inconvenience, however. Because it stops or prevents play as design- the basis of the engagement with the product.

There are tons of bugs that are affecting how players play the game. Whole features shut off.

These are things players and customers rightly ought to have a lot to say about to AGS.
    They have one single main feature disabled for a short to fix its on its way back into the game, its a feature for max level players of which most of the playerbase still is not max level yet so hardly a major issue.

If you cant put up with minor issues on a newly released game you shouldnt play it at release, the game is more than enjoyable enough as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    MMOs take time to develop, even WoW was broken in many aspects when it was released and even today they cant completely solve server lag and stability issues with lots of players, issues cant be found as easy until the game is being played, in time all games get smoothed out.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

https://newworldstatus.com/worlds

You can see it for yourself, you don’t have to trust CNN my dude, googling ain’t hard.

It’s also for that sort of reason that I accompanied that picture with the Steam Charts page.

While I agree that’s unfair to look at the highest players peak and at the current online average and go “LULZ game lost 70% of players in one month.”, since early declines always happen, it’s still a huge ass fucking decline regardless, especially for an MMORPG.

But I guess the upcoming months will give us a clearer picture of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It gotta suck HARD playing NW on dead servers now. Game just launched and theres players out there on dead servers just after a few weeks.
    I think my server is "medium" and it sucks. The high end stuff is getting close to .01 unless it is super rare and then it is stupid expensive or just not present on the trading post. You can still make a decent amount from fiber/iron/wood though so it isn't all that bad. But just trying to do high end stuff sucks. A lot of the early 60's left server or game. You have the "middle pack" getting 60 now but there is really only one main group for high water farming. Outpost rush is just a waiting game.

A server with less has to suck. It also is going to suck when they merge servers and companies lose control of zones in a merger. Which might drive more people away because they no longer have "an attachment" to draw them to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrYesbody View Post
    And so far Bug Fixes from Amazon were a disaster. They don't get anything done. It's poor. Yes, new studio, first game, whatsoever. Does not change the fact that the state of the game is horrible and people will leave it and most of them won't come back for sure. That's how gaming works these days.
    Second game. The first major game from AGS was Crucible which launched and was a mess so it returned to beta. It was then cancelled.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You have been nay saying in this thread for far too long noone takes you seriously
    The irony. It is palpable.

- - - Updated - - -

if you play a new game and especially with a new developers first MMO game you expect issues, the game is more than playable and has plenty to do in it currently.
    Again, this game has some MAJOR flaws and it is most definitely not okay. In a game centered around pvp having invulnerability exploits kinds of ruins the point. And that is just scratching the surface of the major flaws in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    why the fuck is mob respawn time still literally 30 seconds? is this shit intended???
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

If you can't take a little delight in a corporation with infinite money screwing up a game on such a fundamental level, I don't know what to tell you.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    If you can't take a little delight in a corporation with infinite money screwing up a game on such a fundamental level, I don't know what to tell you.
    I'm kinda blown away at some of these issues cropping up given that Amazon were poaching talent left and right for years, and pulled a ton of MMO developers (some of whom have since left). Methinks the earlier reports of internal development/cultural issues and some of the Amazon top-down structure is at play in a lot of this.