15+ Year Old Account
    three things i found that always sell well are medium salmon large salmon and tadpoles since they are all town board items.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The towns are somewhat themed and localized to certain crafting disciplines.
    tell me what they are

- - - Updated - - -

PS: im lvl 59 now, getting there to 60. while it was easy and obvious what to do until now (reach max level), what am i supposed to do after 60?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    This MMO is client-authoritative...
    So exactly like wow was for like, a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    tell me what they are
    i can't recall off the top of my head without looking at the map/town. Windsward/Morning Dale is fibers/tailoring. Cutlass and First Light are mining/ore. Eden, logging. Weaver's alchemy. I forgot what Ebon and Shattered Moutain are. Every zone favors a certain resource more than another as the materials raise in tier.

PS: im lvl 59 now, getting there to 60. while it was easy and obvious what to do until now (reach max level), what am i supposed to do after 60?
    Up to you. The same thing you do in other games if you'd like; participate in the endgame dungeons, gear to the highest level, master the skills, max out crafting, max out reputation, max out town renown, curate personal housing, engage in the outpost rush, factional wars, territory control, do the collections, achievements. /shrug

tell me what they are

- - - Updated - - -

Farm elite areas to increase your watermark so you get gs 600 items to drop, then do dungeons, farm items and level crafting so you can craft the best items, complete all quests, do outpost rush, do invasions, do wars, buy a house and make it look good if you want to, the game heavily revolves around crafting so if you dont like it then you miss out on a large portion of the game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    For a 40 dollar game that's actually pretty good value for money >.>
    Not saying it isn't, was worth the 40 bucks. But if the game was not so broken i would kept playing probably.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any lvl 60 content for solo players in this game? even regular quests in reekwater force me to group up, and thats a regular non-elite zone.

i wanna continue what i was doing during leveling to 60, that is solo combat and gathering

10+ Year Old Account
    My last NW experience (last log-in) was this:
    I was doing faction quests, while queued for Outpost rush. Since I'm on a low-med pop server, that can take 1 hour. I had 2/3 completed. Queue popped, spend 35 mins there (we lost, but it was close). Got 180 gold and some azoth. When I was put back, I had 0/3 quests. They were not showing up as picked up.
    Went to the NPC to check, and sure enough, they were still there, still not started.
    On this was the drop that filled the glass for me, on top of every other bug / empty end-game / retard mechanic.

I may return in the far future. But slim chances of that (because I believe that the management and the developers are bad/inept).

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    My last NW experience (last log-in) was this:
    I was doing faction quests, while queued for Outpost rush. Since I'm on a low-med pop server, that can take 1 hour. I had 2/3 completed. Queue popped, spend 35 mins there (we lost, but it was close). Got 180 gold and some azoth. When I was put back, I had 0/3 quests. They were not showing up as picked up.
    Went to the NPC to check, and sure enough, they were still there, still not started.
    On this was the drop that filled the glass for me, on top of every other bug / empty end-game / retard mechanic.

I may return in the far future. But slim chances of that (because I believe that the management and the developers are bad/inept).
    feeling this so much, i had 2 60s, do you know what kinda madman you gotta be to level 2 60s in new world? I was top of the game company on the biggest server etc etc. Bugs made me quit

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye well, I did tell my guildies not to surrender to the hype and wait like 1 month before purchase. Now I have two of them constantly raging how they wasted their Amazon credits or w/e it is called.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I can confidently say that there has never been a design meeting where the agenda was, "How can we annoy our players."

It's an environmental hazard/soft barrier, treat it as such. That's what it's designed to be, that's what it functions as.

Man, I don't think anyone could have foreseen water/swimming being one of the most contentious issues for New World.
    Most ppl cant swim in the armor they wear anyways.

is there any lvl 60 content for solo players in this game? even regular quests in reekwater force me to group up, and thats a regular non-elite zone.

i wanna continue what i was doing during leveling to 60, that is solo combat and gathering
    Isn't all the side, faction, and town quests solo content?

Other than that, I do not think they made major content for solo players in a multiplayer game with a strong emphasis on PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Isn't all the side, faction, and town quests solo content?

Other than that, I do not think they made major content for solo players in a multiplayer game with a strong emphasis on PVP.
    like something that can get me gear or any other sense of progression beside standing in town, running grp activities or cheesing elite enemies solo by escaping and hiding.

like soloable world quests in WoW. i mean, whole 1-60 quest expierence here was like WQs, but is there any gear to it now once 60?

im asking, eventhough i know the answer is 'no'...
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-11-08 at 05:42 PM.

like something that can get me gear or any other sense of progression beside standing in town, running grp activities or cheesing elite enemies solo by escaping and hiding.

like soloable world quests in WoW. i mean, whole 1-60 quest expierence here was like WQs, but is there any gear to it now once 60?

get weapon mastery to 20 and do a quest to get 580 weapons, complete dungeon quests and there are some high level rewards, farm faction quests and you can get a pretty decent faction set of gear that is better than most drops for a long while, NW is designed around group activities, you dont play NW is your a primarily solo player.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

You can craft a set of armor and weapons or go for the faction equivalent.

Huh? The WQs have forced group content as you go. You can't solo them, because they won't let you enter some places solo.

Okay, but the way you wrote it initially was kinda open-ended. There is endgame gear and quests post 60. A wiki search would reveal this- but I am not sure what you were looking for specifically.

I believe myself and others have addressed your previous questions about "what to do at endgame" in this thread too.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-11-08 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only go off the subreddit and a few first hand accounts but it seems like a few servers are experiencing population issues? The population dipping was expected, standard life cycle of a game but this game has so many elements directly tied to population.

Seems like fatigue is setting in regards to the war system. Having to manage the roster, time slots, always waiting on for a position, is causing people to lose interests in wars - entire companies and even factions.

Mergers in 2 months?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The devs had already posted there were going to be server merges a few weeks ago. Many servers were opened during the launch largely as a way of dealing with the surge.

The devs said they planned on merging once the populations had settled.

People aren't really caught off guard because it was told to us early on the official forums. I seen a few preemptive planning videos on YT for the coming server merges for the last week and a half or so.

The discord has had guilds planning their move too for a week or so now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems I got "lucky" (until the queues hit again) as it seems the server I ended up on has become the destination server many companies have transferred to. But yes, the game relies on an active healthy population and I'm not sure how AGS plan to keep everyone interested in playing. We shall see I guess!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Not trolling at all. I enjoy mixing things up and some days doing side quests, other days mainly faction quests, etc. I don't really get this mentality of "how can you be having fun if I didn't have fun". If you didn't enjoy the game, move on

And if you're farming stuff to sell for 0.01 coin on the trading post, I don't know what to tell you...
    dunno what region/server you play on, but the economy of the server i play is in such a low point, you can pick up literally the rarest items in the game depending on time of day/week, for as little as a few hundred coins, some ppl say they see them selling for 10's of thousands of coins on other servers where the economy hasn't crashed, and don't even get me started on the utter shitshow that 'low level' crafting has become, without the ability to vendor 'useless' items, you're forced to either 'drop' a ton of items (such as potions/coatings/tinctures etc) and wait for their 'delete timer' to expire so you don't waste inventory space holding hundreds or thousands of the same item because that item was needed to level up that particular crafting skill, on some you can get away with just salvaging the armour/weapons/items made, but for some you're stuck carrying dead weight around for no reason, and if you try to sell them, you flood an already drowned market because every other fucker is doing the exact same thing, the best one is that 'minor proficiency boost' potion thing, literally 200+ pages of that item on the main city hub trading post on my server, and each listing is the capped 100 units per listing, basic maths says that's AT LEAST 20k+ of this singular item with nobody willing to buy it because the 'better' version of it is far more useful and, just to add insult to injury, THE EXACT SAME FUCKING PRICE as the lower quality version, it is not fun at all trying to level up crafting skills just to realise you wasted so much time/money/energy on the process to just flush it all away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    dunno what region/server you play on, but the economy of the server i play is in such a low point, you can pick up literally the rarest items in the game depending on time of day/week, for as little as a few hundred coins, some ppl say they see them selling for 10's of thousands of coins on other servers where the economy hasn't crashed, and don't even get me started on the utter shitshow that 'low level' crafting has become, without the ability to vendor 'useless' items, you're forced to either 'drop' a ton of items (such as potions/coatings/tinctures etc) and wait for their 'delete timer' to expire so you don't waste inventory space holding hundreds or thousands of the same item because that item was needed to level up that particular crafting skill, on some you can get away with just salvaging the armour/weapons/items made, but for some you're stuck carrying dead weight around for no reason, and if you try to sell them, you flood an already drowned market because every other fucker is doing the exact same thing, the best one is that 'minor proficiency boost' potion thing, literally 200+ pages of that item on the main city hub trading post on my server, and each listing is the capped 100 units per listing, basic maths says that's AT LEAST 20k+ of this singular item with nobody willing to buy it because the 'better' version of it is far more useful and, just to add insult to injury, THE EXACT SAME FUCKING PRICE as the lower quality version, it is not fun at all trying to level up crafting skills just to realise you wasted so much time/money/energy on the process to just flush it all away.
    That is pretty shit I must say. The ability to vendor stuff would be a good start, I agree.

Also lets hope your server improves when they merge servers... or they give people on servers likes yours another free transfer or something...