Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Personally not a fan of a cash shop i rather pay a sub fee and be able to collect all items in game however often there are long grinds attached to that in sub based games, so you're paying one way or another.
    Sadly, this doesn't exist anywhere anymore. Every game has a cash shop now, even the P2P holdouts like WoW, and with New World being B2P it was absolutely going to have one to generate steady revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sadly, this doesn't exist anywhere anymore. Every game has a cash shop now, even the P2P holdouts like WoW, and with New World being B2P it was absolutely going to have one to generate steady revenue.
    Eh I think Sub mmos can work, people just don't make them or B2P and cashshop is easier to do or they think they can self control themselves from going overboard. I dunno
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

ill say here what I said on their post on twitter.

I'm not against boosts. Many MMO's I play have them and I'm fine with it. But call it what it is, a way to make $$$ and nothing more.
    This "we are doing it for the players" excuse is very weak. Company's like money and want to make it. As long as its not pay 2 win I don't care.

I've grown tired of company's thinking their player base is idiots. Want to make money then make it but they need to stop hiding behind such lame PR excuses.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

the combat system was atrocious. same move over and over and over and over........

10+ Year Old Account
    Pass. Amazon is 0-2 for games (Crucible and the LOTR game) and having AMAZON in charge of a PAID SERVICE is not going to go over well.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they don't have a transmog/glamor like system like WoW and final fantasy then it won't catch my attention.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Eh I think Sub mmos can work
    They can, but they don't exist anymore that I know of. Everyone realized that they lose little and gain a lot more when they add a cash shop to a P2P MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I've grown tired of company's thinking their player base is idiots. Want to make money then make it but they need to stop hiding behind such lame PR excuses.
    Given that absolutely insane reaction to the chance that they may add boosts later, I don't think they'd be terribly wrong in thinking much of the potential playerbase are idiots who are all too happy to jump on an outrage train with some influencers leading the charge. They're not hiding behind any PR excuse, they're responding to a nontrovery caused by gamers who continue to be oddly adversarial and suspicious of the people that make the game they play and are excited for.

I don't think they'd be terribly wrong in thinking much of the potential playerbase are idiots who are all too happy to jump on an outrage train with
    Outrage trains are good. Best a pay to win MMO dies before being born than build a playerbase it doesn't deserve who'll stick around when they go pay to win.

Microtransactions are a cancer that needs to be wiped out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Outrage trains are good. Best a pay to win MMO dies before being born than build a playerbase it doesn't deserve who'll stick around when they go pay to win.

Microtransactions are a cancer that needs to be wiped out.
    No outrage trains are not, getting outraged at everything is not constructive at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So... if they are planning on putting in boosts before the game is even released. To allow people to skip the incovenience. Why not... you know, design it better?

To me it sounds they created a problem and then plan to sell solution to it.

They wouldn't be talking about boosts and such, if they werent going to add them in. Relatively soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    So... if they are planning on putting in boosts before the game is even released. To allow people to skip the incovenience. Why not... you know, design it better?
    They're not, they've confirmed there will be no boosts at launch. But it's not a bad move to be keeping them in mind for down the road. Like it or not, boosts are a thing even in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    They wouldn't be talking about boosts and such, if they werent going to add them in. Relatively soon too.
    Or, if they were being transparent about their longterm plans for the cash shop so that when they add them in people can't go back to an alpha forum post as some kind of proof that Amazon promised to never add in any kind of boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No outrage trains are not, getting outraged at everything is not constructive at all.
    A pay to win game isn't ''everything''. It's a good reason to be outraged.

A pay to win game isn't ''everything''. It's a good reason to be outraged.
    Yo, what are the selling that's P2W?

Yo, what are the selling that's P2W?
    XP boosts and fast travel.

Nether of those is P2W.

Pay 2 Win is being able to buy power that you can not get ingame in a realistic time. Someone getting to Max level doesn't mean they WIN. WIN is a key part of Pay 2 Win.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

What do you win with XP boosts sold well after launch? I won't argue that monetizing fast travel is a good thing, I think it's kinda awful, but how is that winning?

This is going to bomb so hard honestly. Another failed MMO to add to the list

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the truth isn't it, the influence of mobile games and the revenue they generate makes this an economic reality. For me it all depends on integration, i find Blizzard to be a rather poor example as their service prices alone are a disgrace, merely milking people and their financial reports confirm it, less and less players yet more revenue, but i don't want to go deep into that, cancelled my sub, uninstalled the client once again, just too much wrong with that game sadly.

I am curious what they will do in their store, and how much that will upset the balance of regular play. Would be nice if it's mostly cosmetics, land plots for housing.

Hoping to get a hands on during the summer now that my new PC is arriving next week. Read some reports on Massively that the combat is something you either like or dislike, far too few abilities between weapons etc.

Also don't know what the MMO is suppose to be now with their U-turn they don't seem to be going after the PvP crowd any more and they are fleshing out their endgame, so that is somewhat good news as that is often something MMO's fail on, especially the PvP sandbox type.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nether of those is P2W.

Pay 2 Win is being able to buy power that you can not get ingame in a realistic time. Someone getting to Max level doesn't mean they WIN. WIN is a key part of Pay 2 Win.
    No, pay to win is getting ingame benefits for real money.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you win with XP boosts sold well after launch?
    Time? If it takes me 10 hours to level and 8 hours for you because of the boosts you have a 20% headstart on me at max level.

Any ingame advantage bought with $$ = pay to win. Standards, people. When did you lower yours so much?

No, pay to win is getting ingame benefits for real money.

- - - Updated - - -

Time? If it takes me 10 hours to level and 8 hours for you because of the boosts you have a 20% headstart on me at max level.

Any ingame advantage bought with $$ = pay to win. Standards, people. When did you lower yours so much?
    P2W is only relevant if you can buy player power, boosts and such will not even be available at launch they will be available later as a help to catch up, xp boosts and such is not P2W, buying items you cant earn ingame is P2W but im pretty sure the cash shop is just cosmetics and character boosts for stuff.

Every single game offers something similar so whats the issue, some games need a cash shop or they might die and not get updated anymore, an MMO needs a way to generate money consistantly or it will screw the playerbase over.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen