Didn't think I would enjoy tanking in this game due to the limited weapon choice for tanking. But I have enjoyed it a lot so far. Did a few expeditions and world bosses. Not bad.

Having to actually fight for threat pleases me.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-07-31 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I barely touched the beta in the 2nd week despite having a pretty free week and only old stuff to play. I just found myself completely disinterested in the repeating the same loop of quests to level. Got my refund this morning.

Hopefully they have a banging patch between now and launch but the crunch is going to be real.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

A christmas release would be far more reasonable after looking at all the data, hates & loves.

Rushing it end of august is just... garbage, but most likely the suits disconnected from the reality of gamedev have ordained such.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I barely touched the beta in the 2nd week despite having a pretty free week and only old stuff to play. I just found myself completely disinterested in the repeating the same loop of quests to level. Got my refund this morning.

Hopefully they have a banging patch between now and launch but the crunch is going to be real.
    From what I can tell from watching streamers playing New World, the game seems to revolve around gathering and crafting for the most part. The combat in pvp/pve is generic and what you can(should?) expect.

I find it especially weird how much focus it is on crafting and gathering. Not so sure if people will find that fun to do a few months into the game, but we will see. People have been crying for good proffessions in wow, so maybe they get what they wanted in New World.

All in all, im not sure if im going to spend money on this game. Seems a bit meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    A christmas release would be far more reasonable after looking at all the data, hates & loves.

Rushing it end of august is just... garbage, but most likely the suits disconnected from the reality of gamedev have ordained such.
    Thats how it is in todays gaming world. They dont need to have a fully fleshed out 100% ready game to ship it. The hypetrain alone for this game will sell alot of copies. Just have most of it working and make sure the game dont crash. After that, fix and add stuff as time goes on.

Also, havent they delayed the game atleast two times already? They kind of had to stick to the date now.

Feeling the post-Beta withdrawal. Woke up and made breakfast and fell into a routine after sending works emails going down to Windsward to farm materials. Hurts, man.

I racked 58.9 hours in the beta according to Steam. I have had like +90 hours total from all the alphas I took part in before closed beta too. This game is fun as hell to me.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-08-02 at 10:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Saw some videos, and is look pretty decent, the combat feels a bit like ESO but maybe more fluid.

I think i find the most funny stuff is how you can be a musketeer, never saw the class in a mmo before. Dunno if it will be something bigger, or kill wow, but seems fun to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm pretty sad that it's gone. Do we have any idea on when the first content update will be?

I played during the beta, and was somewhat surprised by how much I enjoyed some aspects. I really enjoy how different the weapons play, and will probably throw some disposable income at it and give it a go. I treat it essentially as a SP RPG / ARPG for a bit of braindead spamming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's alright? I'm not completely blown away by it though.
    I found it to be incredibly boring. Guess it might get better in a few months/years, but not worth the money atm. Then again, it's beta.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Thats how it is in todays gaming world. They dont need to have a fully fleshed out 100% ready game to ship it. The hypetrain alone for this game will sell alot of copies. Just have most of it working and make sure the game dont crash. After that, fix and add stuff as time goes on.

Also, havent they delayed the game atleast two times already? They kind of had to stick to the date now.
    In this case they do. It's an MMORPG with massive competition, plus New World offers nothing new, fresh or innovative, neither is it polished or optimized. The game will be pretty much dead by the end of the year, if not sooner, so it doesn't really matter at all. It's sad, because there are some good ideas and the setting is great, but the devs have no vision for the game and just copy & pasted all the other AAA-MMORPGs out there but forgot to add quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Saw some videos, and is look pretty decent, the combat feels a bit like ESO but maybe more fluid.
    The combat is in no way more fluid than ESO's. Actually New World combat isn't fluid at all, it's very rigid and animations do not "weave".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I found it to be incredibly boring. Guess it might get better in a few months/years, but not worth the money atm. Then again, it's beta.
    It doesn't get better because the combat doesn't get better. Combat at level 5 is the same as it is at level 50. From a gameplay perspective there's no progression overall, the only thing that changes are your stats. Combat gameplay is always the same and heavily focused on using Light / Heavy attacks. Skills matter, but they maybe make 1/3 of your overall performance. 2/3 are just spamming light or heavy attacks.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-08-03 at 09:05 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The combat is in no way more fluid than ESO's. Actually New World combat isn't fluid at all, it's very rigid and animations do not "weave".
    Sure, but what makes ESO combat "fluid" is also what makes it floaty and as though your attacks have no weight to them. The ability to animation cancel (via weapon swapping) and light attack weaving are reasons many people hate ESO combat. This isn't even factoring in other problems like hit delay issues (incl. rare and awkward environmental hitboxes that stop damage but not animations) and severe server-side lag depending on what you're doing (esp. with the prevalence of AoE healing [in particular, radius healing] which lags large-scale PvP). That's not to say New World is the pinnacle of combat (it definitely has issues, such as the blatant imbalance between melee and ranged weapons, with the former being significantly better in almost every circumstance), but going in the direction of ESO leads to an awkward combat style that keeps many players away.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I have spent roughly 10 hours in the Beta and i enjoyed every little second of it, i am definitely going to play it when it is fully released and i am even considering to finally upgrade my PC after so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Sure, but what makes ESO combat "fluid" is also what makes it floaty and as though your attacks have no weight to them. The ability to animation cancel (via weapon swapping) and light attack weaving are reasons many people hate ESO combat. This isn't even factoring in other problems like hit delay issues (incl. rare and awkward environmental hitboxes that stop damage but not animations) and severe server-side lag depending on what you're doing (esp. with the prevalence of AoE healing [in particular, radius healing] which lags large-scale PvP). That's not to say New World is the pinnacle of combat (it definitely has issues, such as the blatant imbalance between melee and ranged weapons, with the former being significantly better in almost every circumstance), but going in the direction of ESO leads to an awkward combat style that keeps many players away.
    It was about fluidity and that's why I favored ESO. I don't like the way ESO handles its animation canceling or light attack weaving, that's factually a bug that's been turned into a feature by the devs because they couldn't fix it.

The thing is, New World offers nothing more polished or outstanding when it comes to action combat than ESO. Hit delay issues, not even hitting enemies although being in range, incredibly clunky weapon swap, positional desync etc. are all existing in New World and even more prevalent than in ESO. Most healing is done by AoE as well, but healing in New World is generally incredibly limited, so it might barely be an issue.

New World's combat has been made worse over the course of the last months due to several circumstances. It's just not comparable quality-wise to any other MMORPG because it's lacking so much at this moment. The removal of the stagger mechanic has been discussed to death now, but that's just one of the many issues New World combat is experiencing at the moment. Sure, if you really like the very limited combat in general, this game might be for you, but for an MMORPG it just doesn't work in my opinion. That everybody will basically be the exact carbon copy doesn't help either because you are so limited in what you can do (and how you look).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In this case they do. It's an MMORPG with massive competition, plus New World offers nothing new, fresh or innovative, neither is it polished or optimized. The game will be pretty much dead by the end of the year, if not sooner, so it doesn't really matter at all. It's sad, because there are some good ideas and the setting is great, but the devs have no vision for the game and just copy & pasted all the other AAA-MMORPGs out there but forgot to add quality.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't get better because the combat doesn't get better. Combat at level 5 is the same as it is at level 50. From a gameplay perspective there's no progression overall, the only thing that changes are your stats. Combat gameplay is always the same and heavily focused on using Light / Heavy attacks. Skills matter, but they maybe make 1/3 of your overall performance. 2/3 are just spamming light or heavy attacks.
    I agree with you. Theres nothing to this game that will capture the audience by the looks of it. It got traction right now for other reasons than it being a GREAT MMORPG. The concept is great, the idea is great, but it falls flat. It needs more, cause right now it feels generic.

I find the combat in ESO to be OK enough, but I think it flows better than New World. Im going to check New world out sooner or later to find out. Atleast ESO got alot of story tied to the game, main reason why I play it.

Are there any signs on what the Endgame will look like? Because PVP war is not shaping like the fun activity so far, unfortunately.

7 year old ESO is more polished than an MMO that releases in a month? Color me shocked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Are there any signs on what the Endgame will look like? Because PVP war is not shaping like the fun activity so far, unfortunately.
    I don't think the question "what the endgame looks like?" is a good one for this or other MMO's either.

Like, someone could say pet battles are end game in WoW. Which they technically are. But some people only consider raiding,pvp and m+ as end game.

Therefore, a better question and answer is "where do I get end game loot in New World?". It's more specific and caters to the crowd who dismisses non-geartreadmill content as end game.

And luckily Ser Medieval has made an excellent video about the end game loot, where and how to get it:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sad that it's gone. Do we have any idea on when the first content update will be?
    No idea when, but people have already datamined lots of stuff from the closed beta client - stuff that wasn't playable in the beta.

There are new weapon placeholders in the data: earth staff, void gauntlet, 2h sword, 1h mace, dagger, pistol, crossbow

Minimap layout has been found, so it's probably coming soon (people have requested this a lot).

A new zone has been datamined - huge end game zone northwest of currently playable areas. It's a desert place with Egyptian and Roman themes. It also has a dungeon/dungeons.

So we can gather that new stuff is coming and in the works already. When will this drop? Dunno, but I'd assume we get a new content patch a couple of months after the launch, that would make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Probably the same endgame most other action-orientated MMOs on the market. That is to say, gearing to the highest GS available and engaging in the territorial benefits. How could it be any different and remain in the genre?

Well, damn. Now I wish I tried last week's Beta. It just got delayed again to September 28th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with taking the necessary time to launch with a finished product. What was in beta wasn't it. Close, but it wasn't it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive