Quote Originally Posted by SimithDAEN View Post
    Well, if compare New World with WoW, I think the combat styles between the games are very different. It’s hard to say, with absolution, which one is better or worse. It comes down to personal preference. If you are a player who prefers tab-targeting, then World of Warcraft is your game. If you don’t like tab-targeting, then choose New World.
    new world combat is nothing like wows. not even close to even compare them. new world combat is like the single player elder scrolls game. hack repetedly, mixed in with some extremely dumbed down version of dark souls combat and you have new world. if combat in new world was fixed to be on par with any MMO ever made it would be a lot better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    still, i dont get the astonishment. as if i asked this question about some sci-fi game
    its a fucking forum, and were in this game dedicated thread, so im asking questions about it. whats so surprising?

i know theres guns, melee weapons and staffs that heal or throw fireballs. is there anything else to it or is it all that boring???
    it is that boring of combat. elder scrolls 4 and 5 have better melee combat than new world.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    new world combat is nothing like wows. not even close to even compare them. new world combat is like the single player elder scrolls game. hack repetedly, mixed in with some extremely dumbed down version of dark souls combat and you have new world. if combat in new world was fixed to be on par with any MMO ever made it would be a lot better.

- - - Updated - - -

it is that boring of combat. elder scrolls 4 and 5 have better melee combat than new world.
    The combat is still more interesting than repeated button tapping that WoW, WoW has the most basic boring combat system compared to most other games.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

im asking if theres anything that interests me atm. i mean, its a fucking fantasy game, is it not?
    "Fantasy' is a broad term and can mean anything from Star Wars to Conan the Barbarian.

This being a New World thread doesn't mean it is necessarily serving to educate you on everything. So the outlandishness of asking if there is "Angel" or "Dragon Knight" "classes" is absurd in the extreme on several fronts. The least of which actually have anything to do with New World- that's how ridiculous the question is to even have typed.

There is very much such a thing as a "stupid question". Such as asking if the Mexican Taqueria serves tacos (this happened IRL to me) or New World has "Angel" as a playable class.

It's ignorant of the setting, the theme, and even the conception of game mechanics presented in the game. That is not an insult to you personally, it is just grossly misguided.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The combat is still more interesting than repeated button tapping that WoW, WoW has the most basic boring combat system compared to most other games.
    Lolno. Having to keep track of rotations, procs, etc, all while maximizing your uptime and coordinating mechanics with your raid team is vastly more complex than whatever the fuck is going on in new world. Having to be aware of timing, animation lock, etc, isn't nearly as engaging as you think it is when it's slow as fuck like NW's version.

There are 3 versions of Dark Souls combat (read: hack/slash with skills and dodging) that I like from best to worst:

Kingdoms of Amalur - fastest pace and if your reaction timing is good, you won't ever take damage, even when using a greatsword
    Dark Souls - Ye Olde Standard
    Monster Hunter - Slower pace, worse animation locks, but a shit ton of fun boss fights and some really good environmental stuff to compensate

New World looks like a snooze-fest that falls below monster hunter.

Conversely, even wow's retarded reduced APM (which they introduced in... BFA I think?) Still puts it at a much higher APM than this game. Yeah, you don't have to worry about your own attacks landing, but positioning is still hugely important and you absolutely have to perfect your use of skills in appropriate orders at appropriate times for high-end content. The difference between a skilled player and a pleb, all else equal, is an order of magnitude. New world doesn't look like it has the flexibility to ensure elite players get to shine properly.

I like my games with high skill ceilings and large skill gaps.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-09-08 at 03:04 PM.

still, i dont get the astonishment. as if i asked this question about some sci-fi game
    its a fucking forum, and were in this game dedicated thread, so im asking questions about it. whats so surprising?

i know theres guns, melee weapons and staffs that heal or throw fireballs. is there anything else to it or is it all that boring???
    Google is a thing and can answer any questions you have on the game a lot faster and probably more honestly than anything you'd find on a forum.

You're asking other people to spend their time educating you on something you're perfectly capable of educating yourself.

Here's the link to the website.

https://www.newworld.com/en-us

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Lolno. Having to keep track of rotations, procs, etc, all while maximizing your uptime and coordinating mechanics with your raid team is vastly more complex than whatever the fuck is going on in new world. Having to be aware of timing, animation lock, etc, isn't nearly as engaging as you think it is when it's slow as fuck like NW's version.

There are 3 versions of Dark Souls combat (read: hack/slash with skills and dodging) that I like from best to worst:

Kingdoms of Amalur - fastest pace and if your reaction timing is good, you won't ever take damage, even when using a greatsword
    Dark Souls - Ye Olde Standard
    Monster Hunter - Slower pace, worse animation locks, but a shit ton of fun boss fights and some really good environmental stuff to compensate

New World looks like a snooze-fest that falls below monster hunter.

Conversely, even wow's retarded reduced APM (which they introduced in... BFA I think?) Still puts it at a much higher APM than this game. Yeah, you don't have to worry about your own attacks landing, but positioning is still hugely important and you absolutely have to perfect your use of skills in appropriate orders at appropriate times for high-end content. The difference between a skilled player and a pleb, all else equal, is an order of magnitude. New world doesn't look like it has the flexibility to ensure elite players get to shine properly.

I like my games with high skill ceilings and large skill gaps.
    WoWs combat is mostly spam one main button and mix in a few other buttons and thats it, a decent player can play without even paying attention to the rotation as it should be mostly muscle memory and you get visual indicators for procs to use. WoW skill level has a very low skill ceiling to play most classes to mythic raiding level, im not saying NW is high skill required but its far more interactive gameplay than what WoW offers.

No games offers the best combat system.

WoWs combat is mostly spam one main button and mix in a few other buttons and thats it,
    Did not you just summ up every game basically? Or you wanna tell me in new world you use like 20 buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Did not you just summ up every game basically? Or you wanna tell me in new world you use like 20 buttons?
    altogether between 3 weapons there is 9 abilities and 6 normal weapon attacks including light/heavy, WoWs combat is still just standing still spamming a rotation with occasional movement, NW its at least more involved combat.

im asking if theres anything that interests me atm. i mean, its a fucking fantasy game, is it not?
    https://www.newworld.com/en-us

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1063730/New_World/

Plenty of information about the basics of the game.

How can it be more interesting when like 3/4 of the combat in New World is either LMB or RMB for light or heavy attacking the enemy?

altogether between 3 weapons there is 9 abilities and 6 normal weapon attacks including light/heavy, WoWs combat is still just standing still spamming a rotation with occasional movement, NW its at least more involved combat.
    WoW has in depth class mechanics and passives that actually change things, New World doesn't have that. WoW's combat is much more in depth with how classes work, using their own resources etc. New World has nothing of the sort. New World combat is maybe the worst and most boring I've ever encountered in an MMORPG. Your combat gameplay at level 10 is exactly the same as it is at max level. There is no progression.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I'm still inclined to disagree. There is a huge variation in rotation (at least there was in ret paladin) with procs, ability timing, CDs, aoe vs ST, etc. All with way higher APM than NW. You're glossing over nuance... or talking about some other classes that are overly simple like demon hunter was in BfA. Caveat: I haven't played shadowlands at all. Maybe it's even slower and dumber now?

Anyways, hotkey DDR where you have to pay attention and prioritize procs properly to maximize DPS (again, look at 99th percentile parses vs even 70th percentile parses... huge difference) is way more involved than NW's system. Using like 20 different abilities in the span of a minute in a maximized fashion cannot possibly be less engaging than using 1-3 abilities with the odd situational ability (which is never even needed) of NW.

And you end up with using like 2-3. I was interested in NW but from what I see it looks boring for me. WoW rotation/priority is much more engagaging. And Im telling this even when Im unsubbed for like 4 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    How can it be more interesting when like 3/4 of the combat in New World is either LMB or RMB for light or heavy attacking the enemy?

WoW has in depth class mechanics and passives that actually change things, New World doesn't have that. WoW's combat is much more in depth with how classes work, using their own resources etc. New World has nothing of the sort. New World combat is maybe the worst and most boring I've ever encountered in an MMORPG. Your combat gameplay at level 10 is exactly the same as it is at max level. There is no progression.
    Im not saying NW is that much better in combat, its just its combat is more indepth than WoW, NW has dodge and accuracy mechanics, WoW has none of that, its just hit a button over and over in WoW and use a few other skills when you have resource or a proc. WoW combat is the most boring combat system that is currently around.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'm still inclined to disagree. There is a huge variation in rotation (at least there was in ret paladin) with procs, ability timing, CDs, aoe vs ST, etc. All with way higher APM than NW. You're glossing over nuance... or talking about some other classes that are overly simple like demon hunter was in BfA. Caveat: I haven't played shadowlands at all. Maybe it's even slower and dumber now?

Anyways, hotkey DDR where you have to pay attention and prioritize procs properly to maximize DPS (again, look at 99th percentile parses vs even 70th percentile parses... huge difference) is way more involved than NW's system. Using like 20 different abilities in the span of a minute in a maximized fashion cannot possibly be less engaging than using 1-3 abilities with the odd situational ability (which is never even needed) of NW.
    There is very little variation in WoW combat, most melee specs play roughtly the same and all ranged specs play about the same, slightly different rotations does not mean the combat is any different, you are still just spamming the same buttons over and over, and you dont even need to pay attention to the class in WoW its that braindead to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And you end up with using like 2-3. I was interested in NW but from what I see it looks boring for me. WoW rotation/priority is much more engagaging. And Im telling this even when Im unsubbed for like 4 months now.
    Most classes in WoW come down to 5 abilities with only a slight variation here and there, rotation in WoW is second nature it requires minimal focus, mostly spamming one ability most of the fight is hardly engaging combat, WoW is the most boring combat system available.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-09-08 at 04:54 PM.

Im not saying NW is that much better in combat, its just its combat is more indepth than WoW, NW has dodge and accuracy mechanics, WoW has none of that, its just hit a button over and over in WoW and use a few other skills when you have resource or a proc. WoW combat is the most boring combat system that is currently around.

There is very little variation in WoW combat, most melee specs play roughtly the same and all ranged specs play about the same, slightly different rotations does not mean the combat is any different, you are still just spamming the same buttons over and over, and you dont even need to pay attention to the class in WoW its that braindead to play.
    Hard disagree considering Asmongold showed you can beat all the content in NW just by spamming throwing axes.

Much engagement, such combat system.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Hard disagree considering Asmongold showed you can beat all the content in NW just by spamming throwing axes.

Much engagement, such combat system.
    You cant just spam attack in NW, the only attacks you can are light/heavy everything else is on a cd, in WoW you could clear equivelant difficulty content just spamming 1 button also, im not saying NW combat is anything special, its just a little more indepth than boring WoW spam.

yeah i don't think you're going to find the answers you're looking for if you're trying to phrase things this way.

"wow is just spamming 1 button" is a great way to identify someone that hasn't actually played wow in ages at any level beyond LFR and WQ's.

The problem with 'Dark Souls combat' is that it works great in an offline single player game but tends to quickly fall apart online when ping and lag are introduced.
    You need really good netcode to deal with the positional info when you have 2 players running circles around each other swinging.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

is this game subscription based?
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

is this game subscription based?
    It's not, it's buy-to-play. These are all questions that can be answered by checking out the site, which has been linked multiple times, or a basic Google search. I mean, I get this is a thread for questions and discussion, but so far every question you've asked makes it seem like you haven't even bothered to check out the product page for the game.

Most classes in WoW come down to 5 abilities with only a slight variation here and there, rotation in WoW is second nature it requires minimal focus, mostly spamming one ability most of the fight is hardly engaging combat, WoW is the most boring combat system available.
    This is just for single target, and this is also NOT a "rotation" because you cannot memorize it. Hopo generation, procs, etc turn it into a priority where you CONSTANTLY HAVE TO BE AWARE OF WHAT YOURE DOING and cannot just do a muscle memory "rotation" like you keep insinuating.

crusader strike
    judgment
    templar's verdict
    blade of justice
    avenging wrath
    wake of ashes
    hammer of wrath
    execution sentence
    trinket

There might not be variation in how you approach any encounter (meaning you go through the same thought processes every encounter) BUT that doesn't mean there's no variation. Just because play style is nearly encounter agnostic (again, AOE vs ST changes things drastically) doesn't mean you're not physically doing something different every encounter.

This is boiling down to what you consider "complex" in combat. I consider DDR/guitar hero button patterns and reactions more complex than needing to be super aware of boss animations to time dodges and boring attacks. Dark souls is my favorite type of combat system, but wow's combat is definitely more complex than DS. And DS is far more complex than NW so...
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-09-08 at 06:10 PM.