Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Same reason every online game/MMO has shit reviews at launch: Folks can't get in and they get salty. Steam user reviews, like most user reviews, aren't really worth a lot, especially at the start.
    WHAT?!?!

A MMO launch didn't go perfect?!? I have never heard of such a thing!

I am outraged! Its a scandal!

I'm writing a letter to my senator!

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Just watched some dude on Twitch falling into water, just for his character to ... walk at the bottom of the river. For a good 20-30 seconds at which point he drowned.
    Love
    I swear, a 2021 game made by a multibillion dollar company, with water but no swimming animations is gold

Anyone knows a correct stream with a bit of action ? I've watched 4-5 but only people wandering here and there. I guess people are all focused on progressing and don't care about engaging with anything/anyone (neither PvP or Mobs), but I don't know how on earth there can be so many viewers for that
    People will watch anything. When FF14 was sponsoring streamers I watched a few and was bored within a minute. Most were just reading quest text out loud.

I was like “How are people watching this?”

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Just watched some dude on Twitch falling into water, just for his character to ... walk at the bottom of the river. For a good 20-30 seconds at which point he drowned.

I swear, a 2021 game made by a multibillion dollar company, with water but no swimming animations is gold

Anyone knows a correct stream with a bit of action ? I've watched 4-5 but only people wandering here and there. I guess people are all focused on progressing and don't care about engaging with anything/anyone (neither PvP or Mobs), but I don't know how on earth there can be so many viewers for that
    Twitch drops + key giveaways.

A lot of viewers are not there to 'engage' with the streamer or the content. They are just there hoping for free stuff.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The hype around this certainly piqued my interest.
    From what i see on twitch tho, its mostly just a lot of running around.

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    ...what I see on steam atm is that, almost constant drop in positive reviewvs...in a couple of hours, from 50% to 45% atm, which seems really low and is not good sign...any idea why so low positive reviews???
    It's salty people being mad that they can't log in.
    Literally.
    Every single bad review is just screeching about being stuck in a queue.

It's quite funny really, how many more times are we gonna have to screech about shitty launch days before people will finally get that playing an MMO (or most online games) on launch day is a pretty shitty idea?
    Last edited by Arafal; 2021-09-28 at 07:28 PM.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    People will watch anything. When FF14 was sponsoring streamers I watched a few and was bored within a minute. Most were just reading quest text out loud.

I was like “How are people watching this?”
    People reading quest text in a story based MMO? Egads! The ones reading it out loud are actually doing a far better service than just staying quiet. You have to do the whole MSQ anyways unless you boost past it.

so is this albion online with 3rd person view?

omg Google has picked up on it as most searched topics world wide, that's a big deal out doing 19 searches, this is turning huge!
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

bah, waited in queue, joined, played 5 minutes, internet DC logged back on a minute later and now back to 1000 in queue....

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    omg Google has picked up on it as most searched topics world wide, that's a big deal out doing 19 searches, this is turning huge!
    yeah

amazon even paid you to fake hype on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    bah, waited in queue, joined, played 5 minutes, internet DC logged back on a minute later and now back to 1000 in queue....
    That is the pure definition of Brutal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    yeah

amazon even paid you to fake hype on this forum
    Please Do Not Feed the Trolls

Feeding trolls in your favorite forum may seem harmless but doing so can have serious effects for both the troll and the normal rational poster.

Adult conversations are not made for trolls. It can cause rabid confusion, foul mouth, enrage the troll and may cause it to spew death threats.

Continued feeding of trolls can make it dependent on your forum as a reliable source of attention and it may become unable to survive on it's own and less likely to F-off and go elsewhere.

Please Do Not Feed the Trolls!
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Very. I don’t think I’ve seen an MMO get this hyped in recent memory. This is HUGE!

Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    as soon as i get some free time, i'll join and get myself a nice piece of own opinion
    and looking forward to loa amazon is doing good, cheers to anyone playing right now ^-^
    love WoWarcraft

Phase 1: Bad launch half the people can't play - "It's like all other launches, quit crying"
    Phase 2: Content played within less than a week - "Lol what do you think happens when you no life a game, they will release more content soon"
    Phase 3: No content released, Company releases roadmap - "Everyone is so impatient, look they released a roadmap just quit and come back later"
    Phase 4: Roadmap largely ignored, 1/4 of content planned is actually released - "Everyone that quit is just bad, look at the accounts created!, best mmo ever!"
    Phase 5: Major updates to game.....'s cash shop!!!
    Phase 6: Talks of "Do you think Amazon will do "New World: A Realm Reborn" type release?"
    Phase 7: New World goes Free to play, even more cash shop

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    so is this albion online with 3rd person view?
    um, no? not even remotely similar.

I don't understand why people are waiting in infinite queues rather than just play on a different realm.

That is the pure definition of Brutal

- - - Updated - - -

Please Do Not Feed the Trolls

Feeding trolls in your favorite forum may seem harmless but doing so can have serious effects for both the troll and the normal rational poster.

Adult conversations are not made for trolls. It can cause rabid confusion, foul mouth, enrage the troll and may cause it to spew death threats.

Continued feeding of trolls can make it dependent on your forum as a reliable source of attention and it may become unable to survive on it's own and less likely to F-off and go elsewhere.

Please Do Not Feed the Trolls!
    seriously dude, take a chill pill. You posts recently have come off as a neurotic child having its first sugar high.

its ok to like a game without having to shout it off of the rooftops every change you get.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an MMO launched by one of the biggest corporations in the world to mostly work from day one.
    This isn't 2004 WoW where we had no idea how big a launch was going to be. They have data, preorders, etc... to predict this shit.
    A mega-corp founded by a now trillionaire should be held to a higher standard than something that released 17 years ago.

It seems like this is the first release of a MMO for some people...

But, the game at the moment is BORING. It gets stale fast... World of Runcraft... I mean, I am ok with bugs and similar new game problems. But the game as a whole is just not... IT at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I don't understand why people are waiting in infinite queues rather than just play on a different realm.
    Not sure what US servers are like but in the EU there's nothing below 1500 queue. I tried a low one for an hour and it went don by 100 so gave up. I can wait a few days.

Just to add I don't know what people expect. Servers are a physical resource. There's no point amazon buying 10 times the servers they need for the day one rush and then have 10 times the capacity in 3 weeks time. It's an insane business model to suggest that.
    Last edited by Wezmon; 2021-09-28 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Phase 1: Bad launch half the people can't play - "It's like all other launches, quit crying"
    Phase 2: Content played within less than a week - "Lol what do you think happens when you no life a game, they will release more content soon"
    Phase 3: No content released, Company releases roadmap - "Everyone is so impatient, look they released a roadmap just quit and come back later"
    Phase 4: Roadmap largely ignored, 1/4 of content planned is actually released - "Everyone that quit is just bad, look at the accounts created!, best mmo ever!"
    Phase 5: Major updates to game.....'s cash shop!!!
    Phase 6: Talks of "Do you think Amazon will do "New World: A Realm Reborn" type release?"
    Phase 7: New World goes Free to play, even more cash shop
    this is exactly how this game will go. it will be anthem 1 month from now.

game looks like complete garbage, it wont hold people for long IMO spending your time 90% walking/running is not gonna keep people hooked.