10+ Year Old Account
    Fun MMO for a guild and group of people once you get the hang of it, did spend 9 hours in a queue but we also landed a city with about 60 players in the end.

Good on Amazon to open more servers and allow transfers later on for free.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

The game looks interesting to me but it's not interesting enough for me to buy it right out of the gate, especially with server instability and potential queues. I'll wait a few weeks and if the general consensus is positive of the game I'll pick it up. There's no subscription attached and I highly doubt I wouldn't get my moneys worth just getting to max level with a few buds. Until then I'll do what I normally do and just avoid things about the game aside from spoiler free reviews so that I don't ruin any aspect of a game I might potentially play.
    This is the most sensible approach, and one I wish more people would take. People these days get so crazy with hype, I don't understand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Feels like this game could have heavily benefitted if it was in the oven for another 6 months, but its been delayed so often that it would probably kill the hype at that point. The game looks quite good despite some issues, willing to try it out whenever all the server instabilities and other bugs are over.

I think generally they've had a solid launch day. The servers appear stable and the playing experience seems smooth. There haven't been large numbers of people reporting lag, disconnections, rolls backs etc etc. So that's a positive for sure. The clear negative however is their 2000 cap that's resulted in massive queues. If that's going to remain in place then I fear for the future of this MMO. I can just about handle 4 hour queues on launch day. But if I'm going to have to wait 4 hours to log on this Saturday... totally different story.

Played a couple hours and watched some streams. Seems like a strong foundation but something is missing... No mounts and no swimming feels brutal. So much running. Game is crushing my 3090 in spots. Could cook an egg on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I think generally they've had a solid launch day. The servers appear stable and the playing experience seems smooth. There haven't been large numbers of people reporting lag, disconnections, rolls backs etc etc. So that's a positive for sure. The clear negative however is their 2000 cap that's resulted in massive queues. If that's going to remain in place then I fear for the future of this MMO. I can just about handle 4 hour queues on launch day. But if I'm going to have to wait 4 hours to log on this Saturday... totally different story.
    Outside of queues, which seem to be more of an issue on the heavily populated servers (got on mine at lunch without issue), I'm shocked at how smooth this launch is. Login servers aren't crushed, game servers seem fairly stable, stopgap measures like queues are working, haven't seen a bunch of super odd bugs or anything.

I just want to know where the fuck the sheep I need to find for my first faction mission are. Quest market is useless and there are no sheep, found them elsewhere but they weren't counting towards quest credit. Hopefully it'll be sorted when I log back in.

I kinda don't even mind the harvesting that takes like 30s to complete. Good for quick breaks to grab food/drink/stretch or to do something on your second monitor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    No mounts and no swimming feels brutal. So much running. Game is crushing my 3090 in spots. Could cook an egg on it.
    Eh, there's nowhere to really "swim" to so we're not missing out on much. It's like jumping in GW1, sure you always expect to be able to jump in a MMO but when the world is designed so you never actually need to, it's an optional thing.

I haven't seen it, but I heard they're talking about mounts but doing something with them other than just making them faster movement. Not sure what they'd do, the world isn't designed with utility mounts in mind like GW2 (best mount system IMO, most of the mounts exist to serve specific purposes and solve problems like getting to high places or traveling over quicksand) but I'm open to it. Hoofing it everywhere definitely takes some time, but I'm kinda oddly enjoying the slower experience as a result. I just wish fast travel was a bit more accessible, but oh well.

I played the closed beta and really enjoyed it. In terms of a launch day, it rates as one of the worst ever imo. In the many, MANY years which I have played mmos - I have never failed to actually *log into* the world - even if it's just to run about a bit - on day 1. Now don't get me wrong, I did not expect zero queues or crashes...but I thought I might be able to actually log in and just do the starter zone or something. I live in Europe and from when I got home at 16:00 to now - I have not been able to log onto a single server. I have had the game on in the background - stuck in the queues all evening - I tried swapping servers (all were queues in 1000s not moving.) I was playing other games so not too bothered but wow, not a single EU server had a short queue all night. Quite a disgraceful launch that will leave a bad impression for many casual gamers. Luckily I do like the game but if I'd bought today with no prior knowledge I'd have 100% gone for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Umsu View Post
    I played the closed beta and really enjoyed it. In terms of a launch day, it rates as one of the worst ever imo. In the many, MANY years which I have played mmos - I have never failed to actually *log into* the world - even if it's just to run about a bit - on day 1. Now don't get me wrong, I did not expect zero queues or crashes...but I thought I might be able to actually log in and just do the starter zone or something. I live in Europe and from when I got home at 16:00 to now - I have not been able to log onto a single server. I have had the game on in the background - stuck in the queues all evening - I tried swapping servers (all were queues in 1000s not moving.) I was playing other games so not too bothered but wow, not a single EU server had a short queue all night. Quite a disgraceful launch that will leave a bad impression for many casual gamers. Luckily I do like the game but if I'd bought today with no prior knowledge I'd have 100% gone for a refund.
    Once you are online the servers are actually stable. They opened new Servers every other minute. You didn't manage to get onto those? Seems weird.

https://www.pcgamer.com/you-cant-put...haracter-name/

Bad news, you can't be Jeff Bezos : (

Though I'm sure you can get creative and be Geoffrey Beezos or something and RP as an incestuous lovechild of siblings, who will rise to power using his industrious worker bees to dominate the New World economy.

Beff Jezos is also taken too. And you can't make your name "Amazon", which I imagine happened after that lovely troll made a character along the names of "AmazonOfficial" and spent one of the betas sharing fun facts about how Amazon exploits the shit outta its workers.

I gave up on Valhalla.
    Found one without a q and all is well.

Have fun ladies.
    Or don't.
    I'm not your mom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played 16 hours on the first day without any hickups or disconnects.

Couple of friends had queue problems, that was indeed an issue. But nothing new in terms of MMO launches.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

If this was some small company I could easily forgive launch problems and wait 2-3 days for them to get servers settled.

But this is Amazon... I mean, come on.

Anyways, I did get through, killed a few undead pirates, skinned a boar, and chopped down a tree.
    Last edited by pahbi; 2021-09-28 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    If this was some small company I could easily forgive launch problems and wait 2-3 days for them to get servers settled.
    This literally happens with every major MMO at launch, and usually far worse with actual server instability and authentication/login server issues etc.

The only way to avoid queues is to either not limit server capacities which...would just crash servers, or throw hundreds and hundreds of servers out at launch to handle the initial rush and the spin down 80% a few weeks later when folks have quit or aren't trying to log in at the same time so populations are more spread out. Which is stupidly expensive and annoys folks who quickly lose their servers.

Because just opening tons of servers is what SWTOR did to handle their launch rush, spinning up damn near 100 new servers within a week or two of launch...only to fairly quickly spin the majority of them back down and have multiple rounds of expensive and annoying server mergers in the subsequent weeks/months.

Haven't gone this hard in a mmo in a long time. I just threw down some serious playtime in NW. It's been ages since I did something like that but I knew where everything was basically. The gang and I steamrolled through the place.

- - - Updated - - -

But this is Amazon... I mean, come on.
    This is stupid. Amazon isn't immune to the launch day rush anymore than other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Haven't gone this hard in a mmo in a long time. I just threw down some serious playtime in NW. It's been ages since I did something like that but I knew where everything was basically. The gang and I steamrolled through the place.

- - - Updated - - -

This is stupid. Amazon isn't immune to the launch day rush anymore than other games.
    Pffft they have more money than god to throw at a problem...

I only played for about an hour, I'll definitely put some time in tomorrow. There's no doubt in 2-3 days this will be just another rough launch story...

But why WOULD they?

People don't understand, these are not problems that don't have solutions - they're problems where the solutions scale up in cost, so you have to decide how much you want to spend on it vs. how much you think you'll lose if you don't. That's why Blizzard had so many fraught launches - they were banking on their name and reputation to the point where they thought people would forgive a bad launch, and whatever money they lose would still be less than they'd have to spend to make it a smoother launch. With Amazon, of course that equation is different; but even there, despite the deep pockets, it's not a simple case of "let's just spend any amount it takes". That's just bad business practice.

I been catching people say it will not last long, but for me I guess it really depends on how fun the PVP is. I know GW2 kept me enthralled for quite a bit of time just due to PVP. WvW to be specific. This shouldn't be a surprise to most people because your thrown into different situations every single time and that can make for a lot of fun. I haven't tested this game out yet tho, so I don't know if the PVP is any good.

They don't. And no one else would throw money at it either.

All transitory issues are ignorable.

This game is crack... even with the combat, I just want to farm and craft... Got home from the gym at 2p, it's now 9p... been playing the whole time. I don't think I've done that in years. I just forced myself to get off.

I don't think it's going to be everyone's cup of tea, but for the people like me that are looking for that immersive world to get lost in, yeah I think Amazon has a winner on their hands here.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    This game is crack... even with the combat, I just want to farm and craft... Got home from the gym at 2p, it's now 9p... been playing the whole time. I don't think I've done that in years. I just forced myself to get off.
    Yea, there is something about the game that is very compelling despite the rather average.. well, everything except setting. It is satisfying as hell though.

We started playing a little after dinner and 4 hours flew by.