Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Especially considering Amazon literally owns insane amount of server nodes. They wouldn't even need to "buy" anything. Obviously it would "cost" them tho.
    The cost of actually writing software for it and making it work seamlessly together far outweighs any hardware costs. It's not as easy as "just buy more servers lol" despite what some MMO champ posts seem to suggest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless the servers were actually crashing, the queues were probably too keep the starter zones from becoming overcrowded. Nothing do to with actual capacity of a server. You don't want 100 players suddenly dumped into one spot of the same time competing for the same mobs.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I watched a couple of streams during the beta and yesterday. The game looked like "Fetch simulator" combined with running simulator: the game. There's so much running back and forth for no reason. Coupled with the lack of minimap, I'll stick with WoW. Ok, the game looks pretty, but it felt so monotonous and bland.

Of couse the leveling experience in WoW isn't incredible and it's fetch simulator. But WoW has an endgame.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-09-29 at 09:34 AM.

think they will lose a lot of players because of this queue situation. for anyone who's not a no lifer you'll most likely spend more times in queues than actually playing the game.
    never experienced such long queues in any game. rocky buggy launches sure but i'd probably rather take that over not being able to even get in the game at all.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    think they will lose a lot of players because of this queue situation. for anyone who's not a no lifer you'll most likely spend more times in queues than actually playing the game.
    never experienced such long queues in any game. rocky buggy launches sure but i'd probably rather take that over not being able to even get in the game at all.
    The advantage for NW is that its a buy to play game, so when the queues settle down you hope that people come and give it a try again
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    So far Im watching streams and my opinion remains unchanged. Game needs extra year of development, a lot more content, mounts and teleports.
    The are teleports and working fine.
    Mounts so people can rush through everything within a couple of weeks and complain when they reach max lvl?
    Extra year of development for what? More content will be added as we go.

I watched gameplay videos from closed beta and it didn't feel like much. I then jumped into open beta myself and loved it.
    Listening to streamer X and their personal opinion is a bad thing... you might actually feel different about things, people ARE different.

I jumped in at 7am (EU) yesterday (no queues), played until 3pm and had absolutely no issues; no crash, no bugs, no disconnections, no server instability.
    I'm absolutely amazed of how smooth the launch was.
    Yes, there are/were long queues and it's to be expected from any big MMO launch. Are we forgetting that WoW had the same issues with massive queues on every expansion ever? Not to mention the disconnections, crashed, quests bugging etc. Compared to those, NW is presenting itself much much better.

I came back around 5pm and was in queue for about 1.5h after which I got in fine and played again without any issue until late last night.
    Ofc waiting in queue was not ideal but it didn't bother me at all, I was expecting this to happen on day one; people expecting something else need to get a grip of reality.

I got to lvl 18 yesterday, kept getting side-tracked with gathering and crafting, fishing (which I very much like even though I wasn't a fan of it in any other MMO) and general exploration. Our company even managed to get a territory last night which was very nice.
    I was on discord with 50+ other ppl in the company and we had a blast, there were no major complaints from anyone; I can't remember the last time I had so much fun and I'm over 40.

I see a lot of people being against the game and I don't understand why... what's the point?! You don't like it, no problem, don't play it; but don't go around talking garbage about it and especially when you haven't played it yourself.
    It's almost like some are taking pleasure in making/seeing someone else unhappy... which surely is unheard of... /s
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

10+ Year Old Account
    any way to stop seeing 'press f3 to start fishing' whenever crossing a river in windsward or any other body of water? :O
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Waited 3 hours in the queue got from place 2000 to 200 and then TooManyRequestException. Just like yesterday. This is really bad. Hopefully, they can fix this in the next coming days or I'll quit sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Is thereva story to it?
    Yes there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    The are teleports and working fine.
    Mounts so people can rush through everything within a couple of weeks and complain when they reach max lvl?
    I see this argument a lot and I don't get it.

Put restrictions on travel that feel unnatural for the purpose of extending the time to complete mundane/routine tasks is a symptom of bad design.

Either the map is too big/layout bad, character too slow, tasks too repetitive. The solution does even have to be mounts, just a better way to get from A to B. Auto running along to the next town for 10 min (not exaggerating) is not good game design and takes people out of their experience.

The solution could as simple as increased OOC runspeed, roads/paths giving a speed boost, mounts that are onlt 33% faster than on foot, mounts with a stamina/weight/whatever mechanic that means they only a significant speed boost under certain conditions such as being rested/fed/etc.

Plenty of games do mounts fine, not every mount system is like WoW.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The cost of actually writing software for it and making it work seamlessly together far outweighs any hardware costs. It's not as easy as "just buy more servers lol" despite what some MMO champ posts seem to suggest.
    That software is already written since their entire structure is already based on nodes. There is zero chance their entire structure is not already scalable.

The thing is, amazon probably deemed its not worth the cost and maintenance afterwards to give so much clusters just for initial spike.
    It's not that i blame them. (No I don't, never was). Since I would probably do the same.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I've got a few friends playing and they are positive about the game... atleast for now.

Personally it is pass for me due atleast few things:
    - too bad PC (not planning to upgrade it in close future)
    - 'questionable' decisions like random spawn, no mounts etc.
    - concerns about end content
    - i do not like combat system
    - PvP focused
    - 'running and woodcutting simulator'
    - professions looks amazing but... since everyone can have all of them there will be probably horrible in-game economy in a few weeks
    - fear of not being in dominating faction can be devastating for future servers populations
    - no major improvements since beta

Still happy to see that many people enjoy it so far as we need more true competition in MMo genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    If running from place A to B is your only way to keep players "engaged" then your content sucks ass.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Waited 3 hours in the queue got from place 2000 to 200 and then TooManyRequestException. Just like yesterday. This is really bad. Hopefully, they can fix this in the next coming days or I'll quit sadly.
    Got the error 3 times today....

Got in game but had to run errand so got kicked out.

Log back in asap in que 600. 1 hour later it crashes. Log back in now at 1270. 2 hours later im at 1000 but it crashes again. Now im back at 1813.

I can understand ques and what mot but come fix your damn ques. How can it keep crashing out like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    Got the error 3 times today....

Got in game but had to run errand so got kicked out.

Log back in asap in que 600. 1 hour later it crashes. Log back in now at 1270. 2 hours later im at 1000 but it crashes again. Now im back at 1813.

I can understand ques and what mot but come fix your damn ques. How can it keep crashing out like that!
    I don't wanna start over.. If they could at least give us free transfers to newly created realms. :/

The worst part has been the long queues. The best part of the game has been how buttery smooth it is to play, very WoW like in its responsiveness (which is 99% of the time a weakness for new mmorpg)

I’m impressed and can’t wait to see where it goes

- - - Updated - - -

I don't wanna start over.. If they could at least give us free transfers to newly created realms. :/
    They have said they’re doing free xfers, and raising the server sizes to avoid queues

There’s also now a separate que for new players vs players who exist already (with new players being substantially longer)

my sister got this and i was round her last night to see this - she is enjoying it so far,

my take

almost all villages and place look samey very grey.
    There is no where that is rich and vivid with colour
    combat system looks clunky
    the annoyance of having to walk everywhere 10-15 to a point of interest is just too slow,
    feels very survival based - running and chopping and crafting all the time -

im going to give this a miss for now and re visit in a couple of months time

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    They have said they’re doing free xfers, and raising the server sizes to avoid queues

There’s also now a separate que for new players vs players who exist already (with new players being substantially longer)
    It would be fine if they just fix this stupid Exception that randomly kicks everyone out of the queue. I didn't mind waiting 2+ hours, but that random TooManyRequestException after waiting 2+ hours is just horrendous. Feels bad. :/

It would be fine if they just fix this stupid Exception that randomly kicks everyone out of the queue. I didn't mind waiting 2+ hours, but that random TooManyRequestException after waiting 2+ hours is just horrendous. Feels bad. :/
    I haven’t experienced it yet but that sounds awful. My experience was waiting like 7 hours in a que last night cuz I was a few hours late to launch, not fun either but it’s an mmorpg launch day and that kinda stuff isn’t unexpected.

I am impressed by how polished and smooth it feels to play despite the server issues

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I see this argument a lot and I don't get it.

Put restrictions on travel that feel unnatural for the purpose of extending the time to complete mundane/routine tasks is a symptom of bad design.

Either the map is too big/layout bad, character too slow, tasks too repetitive. The solution does even have to be mounts, just a better way to get from A to B. Auto running along to the next town for 10 min (not exaggerating) is not good game design and takes people out of their experience.

The solution could as simple as increased OOC runspeed, roads/paths giving a speed boost, mounts that are onlt 33% faster than on foot, mounts with a stamina/weight/whatever mechanic that means they only a significant speed boost under certain conditions such as being rested/fed/etc.

Plenty of games do mounts fine, not every mount system is like WoW.
    Give us mounts and put stamina bar on them. Sprint = Stamina bar goes down. Also, add a proffession or something that let us upgrade the mount. Speed, storage, visual etc.