1. #1461
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Waited 3 hours in the queue got from place 2000 to 200 and then TooManyRequestException. Just like yesterday. This is really bad. Hopefully, they can fix this in the next coming days or I'll quit sadly.
    Got the error 3 times today....

    Got in game but had to run errand so got kicked out.

    Log back in asap in que 600. 1 hour later it crashes. Log back in now at 1270. 2 hours later im at 1000 but it crashes again. Now im back at 1813.

    I can understand ques and what mot but come fix your damn ques. How can it keep crashing out like that!

  2. #1462
    Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    Got the error 3 times today....

    Got in game but had to run errand so got kicked out.

    Log back in asap in que 600. 1 hour later it crashes. Log back in now at 1270. 2 hours later im at 1000 but it crashes again. Now im back at 1813.

    I can understand ques and what mot but come fix your damn ques. How can it keep crashing out like that!
    I don't wanna start over.. If they could at least give us free transfers to newly created realms. :/

  3. #1463
    The worst part has been the long queues. The best part of the game has been how buttery smooth it is to play, very WoW like in its responsiveness (which is 99% of the time a weakness for new mmorpg)

    I’m impressed and can’t wait to see where it goes

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I don't wanna start over.. If they could at least give us free transfers to newly created realms. :/
    They have said they’re doing free xfers, and raising the server sizes to avoid queues

    There’s also now a separate que for new players vs players who exist already (with new players being substantially longer)

  4. #1464
    my sister got this and i was round her last night to see this - she is enjoying it so far,

    my take

    almost all villages and place look samey very grey.
    There is no where that is rich and vivid with colour
    combat system looks clunky
    the annoyance of having to walk everywhere 10-15 to a point of interest is just too slow,
    feels very survival based - running and chopping and crafting all the time -

    im going to give this a miss for now and re visit in a couple of months time

  5. #1465
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    They have said they’re doing free xfers, and raising the server sizes to avoid queues

    There’s also now a separate que for new players vs players who exist already (with new players being substantially longer)
    It would be fine if they just fix this stupid Exception that randomly kicks everyone out of the queue. I didn't mind waiting 2+ hours, but that random TooManyRequestException after waiting 2+ hours is just horrendous. Feels bad. :/

  6. #1466
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It would be fine if they just fix this stupid Exception that randomly kicks everyone out of the queue. I didn't mind waiting 2+ hours, but that random TooManyRequestException after waiting 2+ hours is just horrendous. Feels bad. :/
    I haven’t experienced it yet but that sounds awful. My experience was waiting like 7 hours in a que last night cuz I was a few hours late to launch, not fun either but it’s an mmorpg launch day and that kinda stuff isn’t unexpected.

    I am impressed by how polished and smooth it feels to play despite the server issues

  7. #1467
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I see this argument a lot and I don't get it.

    Put restrictions on travel that feel unnatural for the purpose of extending the time to complete mundane/routine tasks is a symptom of bad design.

    Either the map is too big/layout bad, character too slow, tasks too repetitive. The solution does even have to be mounts, just a better way to get from A to B. Auto running along to the next town for 10 min (not exaggerating) is not good game design and takes people out of their experience.

    The solution could as simple as increased OOC runspeed, roads/paths giving a speed boost, mounts that are onlt 33% faster than on foot, mounts with a stamina/weight/whatever mechanic that means they only a significant speed boost under certain conditions such as being rested/fed/etc.

    Plenty of games do mounts fine, not every mount system is like WoW.
    Give us mounts and put stamina bar on them. Sprint = Stamina bar goes down. Also, add a proffession or something that let us upgrade the mount. Speed, storage, visual etc.

  8. #1468
    Herald of the Titans Proskill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,840
    do u get RESTED xp by staying specifically in inns, towns, or just anywhere even when logged off in the wilds?
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

  9. #1469
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I don't wanna start over.. If they could at least give us free transfers to newly created realms. :/
    I THINK Amazon said they have opend up for one free character transfer from one server to another. I think it lasts from now and 14 days. Dont qoute me on it, check it out first.

    It was done so people could play on lower pop servers and change over later.

  10. #1470
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I THINK Amazon said they have opend up for one free character transfer from one server to another. I think it lasts from now and 14 days. Dont qoute me on it, check it out first.

    It was done so people could play on lower pop servers and change over later.
    Yeah, but at the point of the tweet, I already played 8 hours. Also the Servers available at that time now all have a 2k+ queues, too.

    EU now has a new player peak higher than yesterday based on https://newworldstatus.com/ - It's getting worse.

  11. #1471
    Every time I come to these forums when a new MMO releases people doom it from the start. Because people dont want the same shit but actually they do want the same shit.
    New World releases with a focus on crafting, open world, slow traversing, more of a live virtual sandbox.
    WAAAH WAAAH why cant I teleport everywhere instantly? Why cant I mount for 200% movement speed? Oh this thing takes T I M E? OOOOF terrible game.
    I am rewarded more for playing risky and participating in PvP but I m actually not forced to do that and can choose a more convenient but slower route? Heavens forbid.
    There are so many MMOs out there that fill all those needs and when one comes out that sort of breaks from this mold everyone slams it to the ground.
    Its a fine game. The gaming market has evolved. You dont need to play it 24/7 and mono-gaming is sort of dead with the amount of information that is available these days.
    You have to accept that no matter how much content devs throw at you, if you mono-game an MMO you will eventually run out of things to do.
    Enjoy it for what it is because its a fun and chill experience so far that you do not have to rush through.

  12. #1472
    Looks like the hype for New World is dying already. Woke up to watch Preach and he was back playing FF14; that didn’t take long!

  13. #1473
    Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Looks like the hype for New World is dying already. Woke up to watch Preach and he was back playing FF14; that didn’t take long!
    I'd assume he was doing a sponsored stream yesterday?
    Sponsored to play a game is not the same as hype.

    As plenty of other AAA games, Amazon simply bought a ton of exposure.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  14. #1474
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If running from place A to B is your only way to keep players "engaged" then your content sucks ass.
    There are plenty of teleport spots in the game; every zone has one town and at least 1 teleport shrine, you just need to discover them. Once discovered, you can teleport between shrines and cities whenever you want. You can also bind to a city and use you "hearthstone" with a certain cooldown. You can also own a house which you give you an extra "hearthstone", I'm guessing on a cooldown. So you see, there are plenty of options without mounts.

    Guild Wars 1 has no mounts, you couldn't even jump in it and it's still one on the best MMOs ever made. It depends what you are looking for in a game... if you want everything to be fast, NW might not be the game for you. You can't please everyone's tastes and it's ok, you shouldn't even try because it's pretty much impossible.

    @Delever, I completely agree with you. As someone who usually has only a couple of hours a day time for playing games, NW suits me and what I want from an MMO. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Looks like the hype for New World is dying already. Woke up to watch Preach and he was back playing FF14; that didn’t take long!
    Nice! Off he goes back to the catgirls... that can only ease on the queues to get into NW. It would be nice if all the streamers do the same. The game doesn't need the toxicity that comes from their followers.
    Last edited by Pretorian; 2021-09-29 at 12:10 PM.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

  15. #1475
    Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Looks like the hype for New World is dying already. Woke up to watch Preach and he was back playing FF14; that didn’t take long!
    if you are going to base your statement wether NW is dying or not when it comes to streamers, you shouldnt pick preach. he is a cool guy, but he dont have ALOT of viewers on twitch.

  16. #1476
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    There are plenty of teleport spots in the game; every zone has one town and at least 1 teleport shrine, you just need to discover them. Once discovered, you can teleport between shrines and cities whenever you want. You can also bind to a city and use you "hearthstone" with a certain cooldown. You can also own a house which you give you an extra "hearthstone", I'm guessing on a cooldown. So you see, there are plenty of options without mounts.

    Guild Wars 1 has no mounts, you couldn't even jump in it and it's still one on the best MMOs ever made. It depends what you are looking for in a game... if you want everything to be fast, NW might not be the game for you. You can't please everyone's tastes and it's ok, you shouldn't even try because it's pretty much impossible.

    @Delever, I completely agree with you. As someone who usually has only a couple of hours a day time for playing games, NW suits me and what I want from an MMO. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this situation.


    Nice! Off he goes back to the catgirls... that can only ease on the queues to get into NW. It would be nice if all the streamers do the same. The game doesn't need the toxicity that comes from their followers.
    I basically have 2-3 hours a day to play at best and thats if I dont have to devote time after work to my project (PhD life yaaaaay /s). I currently have time to devote to either exclusively one game or split between games that respect my time or do not require insane commitment. Currently I was only playing FFXIV and genshin impact. I will continue to play both and just add new world to the mix. I consider XIV and NW to be games that respect my time and that I dont need to spend a shit ton of time every day to keep up on either. They also allow me to take breaks and play some single player games without feeling like I m falling further and further behind every day. So in that sense they are fine.
    And for once I really enjoy having to traverse the world again in an MMO. Even on foot. Mounts will eventually come I have no doubt (sincerely hope flying never does though for this game) and they will be a nice addition but for now walking is perfectly fine and enjoyable. Its not like I m walking from point A to point B aimlessly. There are plenty of things worth stopping for in between like picking some wood or some ores or hunting some animals for skin and cooking mats and thats kinda nice and relaxing.
    MMOs were always meant to be about that. Immersing yourself in an online world and kinda doing your own thing. And while XIV is my favorite MMO and will probably remain for the foreseeable future seeing as it has kept me since ARR, new world gives me a nice relaxing feel of being in literally "a new world" (yea cringe I know), exploring and kinda settling in.
    I d advise everyone to stop seeing games as second jobs and try to have some relaxing fun. Everyday life, jobs and commitments are already stressful enough these days. Chopping some wood and relaxing at a campfire in a game before going to bed is a welcome relaxation.

  17. #1477
    Is there any way to test the game without paying?

  18. #1478
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Is there any way to test the game without paying?
    You can't even test it with paying. ;D

  19. #1479
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    seriously dude, take a chill pill. You posts recently have come off as a neurotic child having its first sugar high.

    its ok to like a game without having to shout it off of the rooftops every change you get.
    I can read the sign so i'm not going to feed the trolls sry my dude you'll have to go elsewhere for attention
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

  20. #1480
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    There are plenty of teleport spots in the game; every zone has one town and at least 1 teleport shrine, you just need to discover them. Once discovered, you can teleport between shrines and cities whenever you want. You can also bind to a city and use you "hearthstone" with a certain cooldown. You can also own a house which you give you an extra "hearthstone", I'm guessing on a cooldown. So you see, there are plenty of options without mounts.

    Guild Wars 1 has no mounts, you couldn't even jump in it and it's still one on the best MMOs ever made. It depends what you are looking for in a game... if you want everything to be fast, NW might not be the game for you. You can't please everyone's tastes and it's ok, you shouldn't even try because it's pretty much impossible.
    I simply won't get fooled by games that try to hide the lack of content with lengthy "journeys". It's not exploration game like even Satisfactory where in order to progress advancement you have to explore and find new resource nodes. Its a simple grind combined with shopping list.

    What point is to even explore? If you think about instead of telling no-arguments like "its not for everyone" you will realize how shallow it is. The only thing in NW that actually has some value is furniture.

    Trying to compared it to ancient games is also nonsense. Times changed. Funny thing is XIV does this aspect better.

    I am not saying NW is bad, I am saying its mediocre in those aspects (travel and crafting).
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •