Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    There is a right click menu on your items when you hit tab.
    There are options for things like dyes and salvage etc too.
    Man, I swear I looked through the list of options and didn't see it, but I checked again and there it is. Wish it showed like, a bald head or was at the top/bottom, but glad it's still there. Thanks GOODNESS that I don't look like a bloody clown anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    People are so desperate...that's the only reason new world can even pull high numbers atm. The game will be pretty dead in 1-2 years.
    Agreed same as i read about ffxiv, eso, all mmorpg's after wow are for some reason declared doa, and yeah they were correct eso, swtor, ffxiv all dead within 2 years of launch. Now if these fortune tellers could put their gifts to better use and give us the lottery numbers.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    But you won't, once those large multiplayer battles are gone so will you. I mentioned those other games because they also had all of those things at launch.. but they all left.

Speaking of mechanics it's actually one of the weak points of the game. The combat is clunky (it's actually quite terrible) and all I've seen so far is people just killing boars, cutting down trees and not much else. Someone mentioned the lore is good so I may be wrong but all the streams keep saying it's a sandbox mmo.

I'm not bashing the game, it's quite nice with hopefully some combat improvements but the vibes I got from playing it was.. 1 year from now it will mostly be empty unless they add some themepark content to it.
    Didn't even know that the main selling point was some huge war battles. I just wanted a relaxed mmorpg game. Cut trees and skin boars. Collect resources level up my professions and create good gear to do dungeons.

They are not trying to become the new esport title that rivals wow and that's good. The only way for me to progress in wow is some hardcore sweaty content, that I'm just not always interested in. I don't wanna push +25 or wipe 1000+ times each raid tier. Outside of this wows endgame has absolutely nothing to offer. Except for the few who take pvp seriously I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    The game was meant only to be PvP and some PvE Scenarios were put in after harsh critics long before release. Still, the PvE content is not worth to be mentioned. 4 terrible dungeons and a world boss as it seems. The main selling point is still PvP.
    I guess me and my friends are playing wrong then. We have spent the last 2 days grinding resources and doing expeditions. Not participating in ANY kind of pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Didn't even know that the main selling point was some huge war battles. I just wanted a relaxed mmorpg game. Cut trees and skin boars. Collect resources level up my professions and create good gear to do dungeons.

They are not trying to become the new esport title that rivals wow and that's good. The only way for me to progress in wow is some hardcore sweaty content, that I'm just not always interested in. I don't wanna push +25 or wipe 1000+ times each raid tier. Outside of this wows endgame has absolutely nothing to offer. Except for the few who take pvp seriously I guess.
    New World is the type of MMO that Bellular, Asmongold, and others have been wanting for WoW. Very simple combat, gear is gear, low amount of systems and an open world. The game respects your time and has a good story.

I guess me and my friends are playing wrong then. We have spent the last 2 days grinding resources and doing expeditions. Not participating in ANY kind of pvp.
    There is no way to play "wrong", it's just questionable how long the replay ability will last.

But since it's b2p as long as most get their money's worth it's cool, I just don't see it competing with WoW and FF long term if they don't add and improve a ton.

Combat feels like dark souls bought on wish

I just wanted a relaxed mmorpg game. Cut trees and skin boars. Collect resources level up my professions and create good gear to do dungeons.
    You can do all that without PvP, because that's sure my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Combat feels like dark souls bought on wish
    Thats my strike against the game really. Its the kind of gameplay i wish MMO would have, smooth calculated gameplay. But because of the servers and the game itself, its just not smooth and not that great. The idea of making an MMO like that is what id want, but the execution is not.

I wish i had the guts to level up in a new MMO T_T
    I get tired easily
    Hope you guys are having fun with proximity talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I wish i had the guts to level up in a new MMO T_T
    I get tired easily
    Hope you guys are having fun with proximity talk.
    I have it disabled. Don’t need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    I have it disabled. Don’t need it.
    Im able to buy the entire game just to mess with proximity talk...
    Is actually insanely awesome for a MMO to have it.

I could practice my voice/speech skills that are lackluster in real life.
    Have a nice talk by the bonfire with random people across the world...at night

I'm having fun with New World like I haven't had fun with an MMO since MOP. It's very clear how they influenced themselves on several good points from other games. ESO, FF14, WoW...
    It's still too early to know if the game will have longevity and keep players, but so far I'm impressed with the game and enjoying every moment, the landscapes are wonderful, the crafting is very complete, lots of things to do. As I don't play on any streamer server, I had no queuing problems yesterday or today so i can't complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Agreed same as i read about ffxiv, eso, all mmorpg's after wow are for some reason declared doa, and yeah they were correct eso, swtor, ffxiv all dead within 2 years of launch. Now if these fortune tellers could put their gifts to better use and give us the lottery numbers.
    With dead I do not necessarily mean servers will be shut down, but player numbers will be low af. Nobody will care about this game anymore. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Im able to buy the entire game just to mess with proximity talk...
    Is actually insanely awesome for a MMO to have it.

I could practice my voice/speech skills that are lackluster in real life.
    Have a nice talk by the bonfire with random people across the world...at night
    That sounds cool, but my experience with Proximity chat is usually just screaming kids in the background, loud music, people trolling etc. So I disable it in all games that have it.

I’m not sure why people are afraid of FF14 and WoW going down in numbers. New World being successful is good for us all. It’ll generate great content in FF14 and WoW.
    Truth be told, the better the game, the more threatening, which equates to a much higher level of troll resistance, judging by the level of troll feedback, New World must beyond amazing, more than we even know or think it is, a f'ing rising king for the crown ffs, wow, just wow, no pun intended.

I mean what do they think? Like seriously i get that they feel the need to protect their mmo because without it they have nothing, no life, they aren't important anywhere but the place they wasted their entire life and the problem is if wow isn't perceived as the only be all place a mmorog player should be they are frightened with the fact they may have to start all over, it must pain them to think millions of players are in other mmorpg's and not in wow to see how epic they are, when in reality the millions whom do still play wow do not give a rats ass about them and don't think they are epic as nowadays people just feel sry for them that they wasted their life so badly. Their epic superiority complex is all in their head, it's not like they have a god complex because they truly believe they are a god.

The sheer thought that people are having an absolute fun time in a game they have no god level bragging rights is infuriating to them. i mean how dare these people have fun in another mmorpg, i haven't had fun in wow for over a decade this isn't fair

So yeah what they think we are going to do, we be like...

OMFG what a great time, the game is so additive, so immersive, so much F'ING FUN!!! I seriously can't remember the last time i enjoyed a game this much, i literally can't, this is such a joy, OH BUT wait... hang on here... Ohforf here said New World sucks, welp i can't think for myself so i better uninstall it and go back to wow, gee thanks Ohforf for letting me know i wasn't having fun, so how do i have fun in wow Ohforf? OK GOT IT thx man, logs into wow, Ohforf! Ohforf! Hey, where do i go to bow at your feet in Orgrimmar again?
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    With dead I do not necessarily mean servers will be shut down, but player numbers will be low af. Nobody will care about this game anymore. Wait and see.
    So...literally ever prediction about every MMO that's launched since WoW. How brave of you to have such a bold take on this.

I don't get why folks can't seem happy unless things they don't like are "failing", but whatever floats your boats.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds cool, but my experience with Proximity chat is usually just screaming kids in the background, loud music, people trolling etc. So I disable it in all games that have it.
    Didn't even know it was in the game, I don't think I've heard anyone use it yet. Just insufferable world chat spam which is commonplace at every MMO launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    New World is the type of MMO that Bellular, Asmongold, and others have been wanting for WoW. Very simple combat, gear is gear, low amount of systems and an open world. The game respects your time and has a good story.
    I'm sorry, how does NW respect your time when it can take 10 min to run to the 20th iteration of the same fetch quest?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Truth be told, the better the game, the more threatening, which equates to a much higher level of troll resistance, judging by the level of troll feedback, New World must beyond amazing, more than we even know or think it is, a f'ing rising king for the crown ffs, wow, just wow, no pun intended.
    I think you're very, very deep into your own conspiracy theory mate... That's quite pathetic in fact. You don't even realize that in every single thread of this forum, people are shitting on WoW in fact, yet you think this forum is the center of WoW fanbase.

Is it me or every area of new world looks the same? Not hating, I was interested until I saw the queues.
    f signatures

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Didn't even know it was in the game, I don't think I've heard anyone use it yet. Just insufferable world chat spam which is commonplace at every MMO launch.
    They put a, timer on it. You have to play x amount of hours before it unlocks. Event then it usually broke more often than not, that could still be the case.

Resident Cosplay Progressive