Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Influencers behaving like influencers then lol Once they've done the initial hyping of something they no doubt got paid to hype, they always move back to what they were generally doing before. This is just the reality of games releasing these days.

Streamers are a pretty irrelevant measuring stick.
    I was so delighted to see them not get streamer priority and have a few like Asmongold freak out about it. Enjoy the queue with the rest of us plebs. Tons playing at launch? Cool, streamers usually try the hot new thing and Amazon sponsored a ton of them, it's whether or not they stick with the game or not.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    MMO-Champ always houses the weirdest type of doom and gloom I ever see on the internet. What's the random swipe at Towelliee? He's literally streaming the game right now to 18k viewers. I'd understand that comment if he stopped playing, but I don't get it?

This forum is so fucking weird tbh. You guys are like from a bygone era by the shit you care about. It hasn't been abandoned; if streamers stop playing it, who cares? Either you play it or you don't, not everything has to be the most amazing game ever made in history.

This comment isn't based on reality at all. The game has 450k viewers on Twitch. How has it been abandoned? It's like you're trying to get a jump on the "oh look it died" train ahead of schedule just so you can say you've been saying it from the beginning. God forbid people actually just play a game and have fun.

So ridiculous. This site is so garbage because it houses old, old gamers from an era that is happily gone.
    I'm not entirely sure you understood the post you quoted, because that wasn't a shot at Towelliee. I'm legitimately wondering if he's still going to get a New World tat. I SPECIFICALLY said that if you enjoy a game you should play it and not worry about what your favorite streamers are doing. Most of the content creators that I follow on Twitch have already gone back to playing other things. I'm aware that Towelliee and Shroud are going hard on New World still. There's no doom and gloom there. It's commentary on streamers, not the game that you love. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Asmongold isn’t playing much nowadays. FF14 is huge right now; Rich Campbell and Preach have moved over and it’s insane the amount people who love it now.

Current rank of MMO’s is FF14/New World/ESO/WoW.
    I feel like GW2 should be in there somewhere and not ESO. But the hype of FFXIV in the WoW community doesn't match what we see in viewership numbers at all. WoW is consistently ahead there. Unless Asmongold is streaming, but his fans would watch him watch paint dry if he streamed it. That's not a knock on XIV mind you, it's obviously a solid game, but the hype around it in the WoW community is largely manufactured by disgruntled WoW streamers. You can give XIV the credit that's due without gushing over every single aspect of it. It's not a strong performer on Twitch unless a specific streamer is on or a new patch has just come out that week.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You could try the official forums, though most of it right now is also complaining about queues.
    Hey Thanks ofc, i never think of official? ofc!!!
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man my server sucks for Covenant, freakin no guilds.

What are y'all playing with in terms of weapons? I've been tinkering around with spear/musket but also rapier/musket, but with stats thinking that rapier/bow might be good.
    For levelling now Hatchet and ice gauntlet, for group stuff AoE Warhammer or War axe.

Kind of am trying out everything as you will probably want all weapons maxed eventually anyway.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

This site should add a New World section with how insanely popular it is right now. Hoping for FF14/ESO/New World News to be added on the front page.
    It'd be smart move, and then i'd just stay, some really decent down to earth folks here.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    For levelling now Hatchet and ice gauntlet, for group stuff AoE Warhammer or War axe.

Kind of am trying out everything as you will probably want all weapons maxed eventually anyway.
    I still need to try the magic weapons more, haven't really tinkered around with them yet. They don't seem super interesting from my little bit of testing with fire staff, and I was bummed to see that ice gauntlet was a ranged weapon instead of melee. I thought it'd be punching people in the face with magic : (

I'm still tinkering around with weapons a bit, the big 2H weapons aren't my style and I wasn't in love with sword/board. Hatchet though I didn't play around with much yet. Was trying to get weapons that would pair nicely with stats (i.e. shared stats for the primary/secondary bonuses, even if their primary bonuses are on two different stats) which is why I'm leaning towards something like rapier/bow right now.

This is strictly for PvE (for now), so probably a lot more flexible than a PvP loadout : P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    It'd be smart move, and then i'd just stay, some really decent down to earth folks here.
    If there's sustained interest (i.e. months, not just launch week) there's the possibility of new subforums. But given that many have been closed down or are largely inactive as-is, it's not gonna happen in the immediate. You can go over to the Suggestions & Feedback forum to request it so admins are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Aside from not being able to conjure content out of thin air, There is no way WoW or FF14 is even remotely bothered by what New World is doing, yes its hyped up. Like every MMO released in the last god knows how many years has been, but there is nothing supporting that hype and nothing to keep players hooked.
    Its going to be a ghost town in less then a month, maybe 2.
    With that incredibly barebones combat system that games from the early 2000s were doing... probably shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    its either haters or absolute schizo fans arguing over the game in this thread, and noone really answering gameplay related questions...
    Have you tried watching some videos ? I'm not playing and didn't want to go through all that but I guess this should cover everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuB5okZhAOM

Man my server sucks for Covenant, freakin no guilds.

What are y'all playing with in terms of weapons? I've been tinkering around with spear/musket but also rapier/musket, but with stats thinking that rapier/bow might be good.
    Hatchet/Rapier. I need the speed. Dodge roll and attack cancel 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hatchet/Rapier. I need the speed. Dodge roll and attack cancel 24/7.
    Wait...which has an attack cancel? >.>

I've been dying for one of those...not literally, but I've really wanted to figure out how to get it working. Is it the rapier dodge skill?

I still need to try the magic weapons more, haven't really tinkered around with them yet. They don't seem super interesting from my little bit of testing with fire staff, and I was bummed to see that ice gauntlet was a ranged weapon instead of melee. I thought it'd be punching people in the face with magic : (

I'm still tinkering around with weapons a bit, the big 2H weapons aren't my style and I wasn't in love with sword/board. Hatchet though I didn't play around with much yet. Was trying to get weapons that would pair nicely with stats (i.e. shared stats for the primary/secondary bonuses, even if their primary bonuses are on two different stats) which is why I'm leaning towards something like rapier/bow right now.

This is strictly for PvE (for now), so probably a lot more flexible than a PvP loadout : P

- - - Updated - - -

If there's sustained interest (i.e. months, not just launch week) there's the possibility of new subforums. But given that many have been closed down or are largely inactive as-is, it's not gonna happen in the immediate. You can go over to the Suggestions & Feedback forum to request it so admins are aware.
    Thank you!

Wait...which has an attack cancel? >.>

I've been dying for one of those...not literally, but I've really wanted to figure out how to get it working. Is it the rapier dodge skill?
    Rapier lets you attack cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how to take back my completed & expired items from the auction house?? theyre in the tab, i can put them on sell again, but cant take them back wtf
    In the Completed & Expired window, you have a column titled Sold. In there, it shows how many of that particular item were sold. 0 means it was not sold.
    Unsold/expired items are automatically deposited in the storage shed in the town you put the item up for sale at the trade post.
    Money from successful sales are automatically added to your gold.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

This site should add a New World section with how insanely popular it is right now. Hoping for FF14/ESO/New World News to be added on the front page.
    Like every other new MMO, how about New World proves it has any form of staying power first?
    Lets see where it is in 6 months and then see if it needs its own section.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Like every other new MMO, how about New World proves it has any form of staying power first?
    Lets see where it is in 6 months and then see if it needs its own section.
    Yea, the hype seems to be going away after a few days. Streamers going back to FF14/WoW already too.

Yea, the hype seems to be going away after a few days. Streamers going back to FF14/WoW already too.
    Streamers can't sit in queue for 5 hours, they have to stream themselves playing something to keep their viewership. (with a few notable exceptions)

Some might return once the queues are gone.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rapier lets you attack cancel.
    Like...normally with a dodge? Because I sure haven't been able to do that...is there a trick or something? >.>

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Sword and board really is not fun to level with solo in my opinion it is the reason i abandoned it after 10 ish, it also does not help that your dodge works poorly in heavy armour.

I find ice gauntlets good to aoe kite things, does get tricky if you try too high level and run out of MP.

Hatchet is fun, but once you end up in a large group for killing mobs like elites, the short range of the weapon can make it hard or even annoying to work with. Hatchet berserk and self healing perks are however really strong.

I also put the first 50 points in constitution and not something else as having a lot of HP is great and reduces your downtime by quite a bit with a good food buff.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I don't think it's fair to compare NW with pay monthly mmos... I would compare it with Guild Wars 2 if anything.

Will you ppl just stop with the streamers? I would be ashamed if I were you... looking up to someone who has never held a real job in their life, most probably low education and generally minimal life experience. How can someone call them influencers?! Stop being a vegetable and think for yourselves! You might be amazed how the brain develops when you use it.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    I don't think it's fair to compare NW with pay monthly mmos... I would compare it with Guild Wars 2 if anything.

Will you ppl just stop with the streamers? I would be ashamed if I were you... looking up to someone who has never held a real job in their life, most probably low education and generally minimal life experience. How can someone call them influencers?! Stop being a vegetable and think for yourselves! You might be amazed how the brain develops when you use it.
    /i bow to you