15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It's the 5th day and still 4-hour queues. I'll leave for now and come back whenever we get our free server transfer. I can't do this anymore.
    maybe dont roll on such a high pop server im on Aztlan and the longest que i've had is a little over an hour
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    maybe dont roll on such a high pop server im on Aztlan and the longest que i've had is a little over an hour
    To be fair, I created a second character on a low pop server, one of the new ones they added. I was 400 in the queue when I logged on this morning to that character.

So it is fair to say these servers fill up fast regardless of being a "low pop" world. Yesterday's low pop world is full today.

What sort of bullshit justification is that? in order to play the game you HAVE to reroll on dead servers and still wait an hour.

The solution is to never log out. Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I equate Mandatory PVP as you're under the constant threat of Joe Schmuck coming out of the woodwork and killing you with no way of avoiding it at all. Aion had this after like level 20. Once you got into those zones there was always the threat of someone from the opposite faction killing you while you're outside of the town area.

good to know that shit isn't in here. Unfortunate to hear that PVE seemed to be an after thought though.
    Yeah this game originally had that, which is what started this odd discussion. They initially had no pvp flag and it was full loot, meaning if someone ganked you they took all your stuff. Thank god they listened to the players who told them how niche that audience was going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

When I created my character the server had no queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Yeah this game originally had that, which is what started this odd discussion. They initially had no pvp flag and it was full loot, meaning if someone ganked you they took all your stuff. Thank god they listened to the players who told them how niche that audience was going to be.
    eww, glad they went the fuck away from that route. That would have been a disaster.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    eww, glad they went the fuck away from that route. That would have been a disaster.
    There is a wonderful video on why that type of pvp game doesn't work out.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2021-10-03 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i had a dime for every time he said "Full Loot Hardcore PVP MMO" i'd be able to pay off my car.

But I do agree with his points.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I watched a few of this guys videos. Then I couldn't separate him from Dennis on Always Sunny. Not his fault but I can't get past it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    ultima online used to have it.
    still does, and it's indeed very niche.
    Last edited by bbr; 2021-10-03 at 08:10 AM.

I reached level 45 now and i just cant anymore, the PvE aspect of the game is the most boring thing i have ever experienced in an MMO and i dont see myself hacking away at trees and stones for the rest of this games lifespan, as it stands now and as far as i understand it, endgame is crafting or PvP because PvE is non existent, they need meaningfull Dungeon and Quest content fast that does not consist of the same 3 quests over and over and over and over again.

As the game is now, it basically is a more online focused rust/ark and not a traditional mmo.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2021-10-03 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to give New World a go but its not got playable Dwarfs. or any races for that matter...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I reached level 45 now and i just cant anymore, the PvE aspect of the game is the most boring thing i have ever experienced in an MMO and i dont see myself hacking away at trees and stones for the rest of this games lifespan, as it stands now and as far as i understand it, endgame is crafting or PvP because PvE is non existent, they need meaningfull Dungeon and Quest content fast that does not consist of the same 3 quests over and over and over and over again.

As the game is now, it basically is a more online focused rust/ark and not a traditional mmo.
    This is a pure PvP MMO that last second threw in a some hastily developed PvE because they finally got the message that there is no market for a pure PvP MMO.

That people didn't realise its PvE was going to be garbage is kind of funny.
    Its not for nothing that a bunch of us kept saying this game was going to be dead once the hype was over and people saw what the game actually is.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

How prevalent is the "pirate" theme? every video I have seen is basically pirate hats for days.

It's a little close to reality for my fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    How prevalent is the "pirate" theme? every video I have seen is basically pirate hats for days.

I believe you get a free Pirate outfit if you have Amazon Prime. so lots of people use that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I played New World from the very first Friends and Family invites on the 1st test server put up top the very last second of the last beta before live. I got to 60 twice and pretty much did everything possible in terms of PVE except for all the legendary quests, I only did the Hammer one. Got my GS to 600 in the first batch of tests then 590 in the following ones when they made it a little harder.

Safe to say I saw 97% of everything this game has.

For me, I didn't go to live service just because I didn't feel like sinking another 200 hours into the game and then be bored playing PVP all the time. Now, don't get me wrong the PVP is pretty fun, but, the combat is so basic it's really not fun for me. I did play Sword and Hammer though so if someone was going gauntlet and life staff it would be a lot more fun anyway the combat is still very simple and basic. I think that's the main issue with the PVE stuff is that it's so easy and takes no real thought. You can duo top-tier invasions all day long and probably come out with about 10 legendaries (unless they have changed that).

It was supposed to be a PVP-focused game but they realized that would work so the first iteration of PVE was obviously going to be boring and poorly done simply due to time restraints.

I can definitely see this game do well though as they add and evolve the PVE side of things because the actual game world is fantastic and the crafting and resource system honestly had the most hours from me out of anything else, I love a good grind and the professions definitely gave me that and I didn't even scratch the service of them really.

Everyone is different though right and I doubt this game will go belly up because there will be a decent fan base for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account

I think presenting it like Rust/Ark wouldn't have been better in the long run but I bet they've made so much off its intitial success that it doesn't really matter.

Its much easier to build hype around an MMO, and they happened to strike gold with the timing, than an multiplayer surival game (I have no idea what what people call the subgenre. Not quite an MMO but games typically played online with a bunch of other players).
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-10-03 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

The setting is during the exploration of the 'new world' (Americas). So its a lot of pirates, conquistador, people in buckles, coats, and pointed hats. Come to think of it, they melding a huge time period as if they all happened at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    So, I have grinded my ass to 60 this night. I reached my goal. And that was New World for me until they bring at least some content for max level.
    I did every possible content for 60 already. The two dungeons are sadly very bad, the gear is non relevant. As I read I have to craft my best possible gear.
    Overall, as a PvE player I tested the PvP battles, too, and they are even worse I would say. But you definetly notice they had no time to deliver something serious for PvE and there is missing a lot of love.

So, that's it folks, have fun while it lasts. I just downloaded Assassins Creed Valhalla again as I never finished it. The feeling grew from day to day that New World is a worse Assassins Creed Valhalla, a fine RPG, but in the end a bad MMORPG. The leveling has become very bad after the starting zones, the higher you became the worse it got.
    As mentioned already, the PvE content is a joke and the PvP part, not only am I not really interested in it, it gets stale too fast. In the end I don't regret 40 bucks while I regret buying it for 40 bucks. It's wierd. If they deliver the right content it might become something worth to look at again, it has no sub fees, that is good. I got hyped from it without playing the beta like a lot of people, but in the end there was sadly no reason to. Enjoy it as long as you can, hope they bring some content fast and maybe see you then!
    I wouldn't regret spending money on it if you had fun. My thing is that I personally have a bunch of other games for the same price that I could play instead.

Not at all pirate themed. There are some skins that are pirate-like but the whole appeal of the theme and setting is the continental Americas during the Age of Discovery.

NEW WORLD.