10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah getting 55-60 fps with a 2080ti on 1440p, was expecting between 80-100

Graphic setting's didn't change it that much prob 20fps difference between minimum and highest...

I remember when patch 1.1 introduced chat bubbles in WoW, making it instantly feel like a completely different game. Try for a moment to imagine what WoW would be like without chat bubbles, where everything has to be communicated within the chat box itself. That was the entire beta and the game on release.

Proximity voice chat would take it to another level.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-07-26 at 09:31 PM.

this proximity chat better have an off switch or this game will be dead to me. i remember first time playing ESO when i first heard some moron who hadn't turned of his mic while i was out questing. that was anything but immersive.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    A couple of days ago I came across two guys throwing dice and talking in proximity voice chat. I had so much fun eavesdropping them.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I went to dinner and Syndicate took over the whole fucking thing. Flipping balls on a tricycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    A couple of days ago I came across two guys throwing dice and talking in proximity voice chat. I had so much fun eavesdropping them.
    That makes me want to play it so much (T_T) and the fact you say it runs well...and i have the same graphics card

Took the plunge and got this yesterday. level 17. PvP is pretty fun.

See the positive side. This game will be bot-free. it has good anti-cheat and an anti-bot combat

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    this proximity chat better have an off switch or this game will be dead to me. i remember first time playing ESO when i first heard some moron who hadn't turned of his mic while i was out questing. that was anything but immersive.
    Cant imagine ANYONE thinking this is a good idea. I don't want to hear fart noises and n-words all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Cant imagine ANYONE thinking this is a good idea. I don't want to hear fart noises and n-words all the time.
    CoD Lobby: MMO Edition.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yeah, try out, refund then order again about 6 months in. It's my plan.

I think this game can be good, but it certainly needs to mature a tad. My biggest concern is content down the road and I hope they got some goods there.
    It certainly can, in 6-12 months if Amazon is dedicated to work on it which I highly doubt. That they're pushing the release now is not a good sign after alpha and there are still so many big issues left that we've reported early this year...

After the initial surge of players this game will be dead as it has no monetization that will work in its favor. No subscription fee, only a cash shop for cosmetics. There are not even mounts (the biggest selling point of any cash shop) in the game. It's pretty much impossible to sustain the development of this game as of now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Cant imagine ANYONE thinking this is a good idea. I don't want to hear fart noises
    Say no more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbmYWFPNHTo&t=4m22s

"Witness me!"

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Unfortunately everything this game does is worse than you would expect it.

Story is rather bland and boring
    Sandbox element are bad, they are there but it's jut not fun.
    Crafting is ok but not very compelling.
    Combat is clunky and not very fun.
    PvP is spam fiesta
    UI is total garbage.

To put it simply there is nothing that this game does well. Maybe proximity chat and graphics. It requires at least one more year to be even considered. Unless you plan to refund.
    Not really, that's exactly what you would expect if you follow the development of the game for a bit longer than just the beta period. Crafting and gathering is done exceptionally good in New World and the game world looks great. That's it though, everything besides that is either underwhelming or complete trash.

Again, these YouTubers and players that have reached level 20 or 30 and brag about the game have not seen the entire picture. If you reach max level (and it's a huge if), there's just nothing (exciting) to do.

With the heavy competition around, New World has no chance to find a niche because it doesn't offer anything convincing overall. Action combat? ESO and Black Desert do it more in depth, better and way more fluid. Weapon gameplay? ESO. PvP? Basically every other MMORPG. PvE? Basically every other MMORPG. Crafting and gathering, as I said. But that's pretty pointless when there's no content you can actually make use of this.

For a 2021 release, the competition is just too big and the offered is just too little, too unpolished and too bad in comparison. With a year more in this oven this game really could be good. If they launch it next month, it'll be dead by the end of the year and maybe have a very small cult following, at best. Not enough to keep the game running though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    If New World manages to run well on computers...it will be well received 100%.
    It doesn't. They've done basically no optimization yet. It's pretty bad in highly populated zones and it's even worse during PvP battles.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-07-27 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It doesn't. They've done basically no optimization yet.
    I just watched a video about New World BURNING hardware because of some problem.
    Amazon said is the fault of the hardware but they already released a patch so it doesnt burn that specific hardware anymore...
    Jesus Christ...im nervous again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyuw4NDchwM&t=3m42s

I just watched a video about New World BURNING hardware because of some problem.
    Amazon said is the fault of the hardware but they already released a patch so it doesnt burn that specific hardware anymore...

I think that was really a pretty particular issue. The thing is, the game doesn't have to burn your hardware to make it unplayable. Older machines have a lot of issues running the game. Even very good rigs do have FPS issues because, as I said, they haven't done any optimization yet, one month before launch. People that just have laptops for gaming where they played WoW on won't have any fun in New World due to the performance etc etc. Performance is really, really bad right now.

Lots of interesting things in the game, but ill wait a few months to see if the cash shop gets shady before I buy in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I played it for a few days, but the game just fails to catch my interest. I know that the MMORPG genre hasn't evolved much in the past few years, but in terms of combat & systems the game feels like it's already old on arrival. And that's the main problem... it doesn't even try to innovate, it's just a very basic implementation of well known concepts with some good graphics and it feels like it's a little too much PvP oriented for an MMORPG, but too much of an MMORPG for a PvP oriented game.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    See that post has just me screaming at the Gods for help i dont know at all if it runs well or not
    I just know i downloaded and sometimes even paid for new MMOs a bunch of times along the years...only for them to run like crap most of the time.
    I you have an old card but a new CPU (using an I7 11000 with 32gb ram) i do not think the game will run terrible, there seem to be some issues here and there with certain setups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I also got gtx 1060 and I had to switch to my 24" 1080p monitor, because 1440p was pretty unplayable for my standards on New World.

Runs perfectly on 1080p though. Static 60 fps, which is fine. 1440p was like 40-50fps and drops down to 30 in towns.

I know 1440p is too high for gtx 1060 for newer games, but WoW, FFXIV and all the strategy games I play run fine on 1440p on this gpu. New World is a bit too much for it.

Gotta buy a new gpu at some point.
    Prices will eventually drop, i have the game capped at 60fps and run it on 1080p which is enough honestly. I also rather not gamble with a few years old card by pushing it limits on new games, rather hang on to this one till you can buy something good again in the 500 euro price range.

- - - Updated - - -

This has already been patched out and it was an hardware issue that caused the fans to go in overdrive and use the full computing power of the card during menu's.

Apparently those who are tech savvy enough researched it and it is an issue with certain card series it happened in other games as well but the cards did not burn through there as you did not spend ages in the menu screen, with the new world you could spend hours in a queue which is why that combination proved problematic.

The menus in the New world are now FPS capped so this cannot happen anymore, also EVGA said they will replace the cards effected by this.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I'll correct myself: I want to hear fart noises, but not the n-word all the time.