Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I'll correct myself: I want to hear fart noises, but not the n-word all the time.
    I think i laughed at least 5 times today with that video (>_<)
    I was never a fart joke guy....but my mom loves them so much and cracks up laughing everytime...so i ended up also finding them funny xD

It sounds like a black deserts clone to me. I would be interested to give it a try for a month.

Meh, i will probably wait for an expansion and see if anyone is still playing it. Possibly pick it up before a new expansion release if i have talked to enough people and find out loads are playing it still and excited for the update. I don't want to get into a game and then it basically get abandoned by fans after 6 months. (story of most mmos) I'm sure it will have a massive "wow killer" launch with everyone talking about it and big streamers playing it none stop for a bit. I don't care for missing out on that epic start if its something that might be good long term to invest time into.

Not to sure on the graphics style ether. Would rather a more timeless looking thing going on, looking back at realistic ish games from 10 years ago today they have not aged well.

Um it doesn't have a realistic graphic style at all. It's much closer to WoW but more of a painted aesthetic then the graphically realistic games that don't age well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Really sounds like an issue with your computer, a 1060 should be able to run medium with really high FPS as long as the rest of your computer isn't 8 years old.

Edit: With a Ryzen 5 3000 series and a 970 you can even play very high with 40-50 FPS..
    Eh, with a 1070, 6600k and 16gb ram Im getting 40-60 in the world on medium settings at 1440p. Mostly low 50s. 30-40fpsin towns.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the ui is fire. I love the ui. I dont get the "bad ui" complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    All you have is an opinion, i could say everything you said about WoW or any other MMO, MMOs take time to develop even after release so New World will be enchanced further over time, if you dont like it dont play it and waste your time complaining about it.

Most players dont play an MMO for the story, crafting in new world is actually pretty good better than most, combat is different not clunky and you can choose to do PvP but its nothing to do with spamming anything, UI is fine nothing wrong with it at all.
    That is cool and all but your entire argument is just this: https://philosophy.stackexchange.com/a/57339

This is valid criticism whatever you like it or not. I for once couldn't care less what others think.
    Those things have been said since first alpha and seeing amazon is trying to improve those areas means they at very least care. It's fine if you settle for mediocrity, I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not really, that's exactly what you would expect if you follow the development of the game for a bit longer than just the beta period. Crafting and gathering is done exceptionally good in New World and the game world looks great. That's it though, everything besides that is either underwhelming or complete trash.

Again, these YouTubers and players that have reached level 20 or 30 and brag about the game have not seen the entire picture. If you reach max level (and it's a huge if), there's just nothing (exciting) to do.

With the heavy competition around, New World has no chance to find a niche because it doesn't offer anything convincing overall. Action combat? ESO and Black Desert do it more in depth, better and way more fluid. Weapon gameplay? ESO. PvP? Basically every other MMORPG. PvE? Basically every other MMORPG. Crafting and gathering, as I said. But that's pretty pointless when there's no content you can actually make use of this.

For a 2021 release, the competition is just too big and the offered is just too little, too unpolished and too bad in comparison. With a year more in this oven this game really could be good. If they launch it next month, it'll be dead by the end of the year and maybe have a very small cult following, at best. Not enough to keep the game running though.
    That's cool but all you said was agreeing with me. Crafting is not compelling tho simply because there is not deep meaning behind it. I never said it was bad. Its just that even tho you progress your crafting most of it is garbage. Maybe furniture is exception. When I think about compelling crafting I think about Satisfactory, Factorio, maybe even Terraria, Minecraft, Subnautica.

For example wow crafting is straight up trash.

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/...ting-revisited
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Eh, with a 1070, 6600k and 16gb ram Im getting 40-60 in the world on medium settings at 1440p. Mostly low 50s. 30-40fpsin towns.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like the game is far from optimized, I have a 980 with 7600k, 16GB ram and could play with High 60 FPS steady. On 1080p though, higher resolution does take its toll on FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    It sounds like a black deserts clone to me. I would be interested to give it a try for a month.
    Black Desert's combat is like 10/10 whereas New World is 1/10, if you really want to compare them and their type of combat.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Seems like the game is far from optimized, I have a 980 with 7600k, 16GB ram and could play with High 60 FPS steady. On 1080p though, higher resolution does take its toll on FPS.
    1440p tanks my fps by 50% compared to 1080p. The resolution matters a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That's cool but all you said was agreeing with me. Crafting is not compelling tho simply because there is not deep meaning behind it. I never said it was bad. Its just that even tho you progress your crafting most of it is garbage. Maybe furniture is exception. When I think about compelling crafting I think about Satisfactory, Factorio, maybe even Terraria, Minecraft, Subnautica.
    Oh I didnt want to disagree with you, just add my two cents. New World is a very unfinished, unpolished and shallow game as of now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    So after playing ALOT of New World I think I can say it is nice but it isn't fantasy enough or me and the world just isn't as immersive as I would have hoped. Its completely a taste thing with me, New World is very historical fantasy, and I like elves and Dwarfs and things.

I am looking for an experience I will probably never have in an MMO again that only WoW has made me feel once back in 2005. And I am not sure any MMO has that pull for me. Sadly so, glad to see lots of people enjoying ti though, so you lot have fun
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-28 at 12:14 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I don't understand people saying the combat is clunky/bland in this game. It's the first MMO I have played in a long time where the combat grabs me and immerses me. Yes, you can only choose up to six abilities total, but think about WoW. You may have 30+ abilities (especially in older versions of the game), but realistically you may use 3-6 in any given situation. The complexity of WoW's combat (from a PvP standpoint) comes from using macros to enhance your gameplay and your reaction times. A game does not need 30+ abilities to have complex combat.

After many duels with friends in New World I can guarantee you that the combat is not bland once you get into it. There is a lot of emphasis on timing your abilities, watching your enemy's attack animations and learning their attack/combo patterns. For example, some attacks render them immune to particular cc's, so you need to know not to waste your cc ability at that particular moment. Dodging adds a skill element to the game, i.e. not being too predictable with your dodge timing/direction otherwise you'll get axe-gripped and watch him eat away at your health bar during a knockdown.

For me, the world is thriving with life and I love that. It could be bigger, but that will come in time. The zones are beautiful. The feeling of community in the game is something WoW has been missing for a long time.

Probably the only concern I have is content becoming stale if they don't add to it. Ranked small-scale arena combat could work quite well in this game, 2v2, 3v3, maybe 5v5. The game could easily fit in 10-man raids if it wanted to.

Crafting is great. Something you need to make sure you do is not diversify too much. It gives you the option to become a master crafted at basically anything, but you can easily become burnt out on crafting if you focus on too much at once.

Loving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    1440p tanks my fps by 50% compared to 1080p. The resolution matters a lot.
    Eh, I tried 1080, but it looks super blurry on my 1440 monitor so ill take the fps hit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I tried 1080, but it looks super blurry on my 1440 monitor so ill take the fps hit.
    Yes, you can't use 1080 on a 1440 monitor.

Which is exactly the issue I'm having! For now, I'll settle for the lower fps, too.

Tried playing on my secondary 1080p monitor, but it's so much smaller and has worse colours etc.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to level 35. Can't tell the difference between the quests are lvl 1 and the quests at 35, hell even the environment. Only different is a different tint of lighting (Brightwood's lightning is cool though). The way spawns work in the game are very annoying. Quests need to scale (or if they do they need to be rebalanced) or the game needs a better way of telling you that you're doing quests way below your level since just about every modern MMO has scaling quests rewards.

A lot of servers are now dominated by one faction now, theres nothing that promotes being the underdog or a means for a underdog faction to catch up. Being that being in the wrong faction locks out of of crafting and a lot of the economy (you become a slave to taxes and the trading post), people are going to pile onto the dominate faction if they want to progress their character. Theres 1 million incentives to join the biggest faction and 0 besides RP to join one without territories.

Animation locking is going to kill PVP are a month, if people last that long. If you have a heavy weapon, Ill just wait until you get stuck in an animation, dodge, and kill you. Simple as that. With a lack of interupts and CC thats likely to land, PVP is either long rangle Musket/Ice Gauntlet wars are exploiting the clunky animation locks.

This game isn't 'bad', it lacks polish and systems to promote longevity.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    A lot of servers are now dominated by one faction now, theres nothing that promotes being the underdog or a means for a underdog faction to catch up. Being that being in the wrong faction locks out of of crafting and a lot of the economy (you become a slave to taxes and the trading post), people are going to pile onto the dominate faction if they want to progress their character. Theres 1 million incentives to join the biggest faction and 0 besides RP to join one without territories.
    Definitely a Bezos game.

Got to level 35. Can't tell the difference between the quests are lvl 1 and the quests at 35, hell even the environment. Only different is a different tint of lighting (Brightwood's lightning is cool though). The way spawns work in the game are very annoying. Quests need to scale (or if they do they need to be rebalanced) or the game needs a better way of telling you that you're doing quests way below your level since just about every modern MMO has scaling quests rewards.

Animation locking is going to kill PVP are a month, if people last that long. If you have a heavy weapon, Ill just wait until you get stuck in an animation, dodge, and kill you. Simple as that. With a lack of interupts and CC thats likely to land, PVP is either long rangle Musket/Ice Gauntlet wars are exploiting the clunky animation locks.

You would think that after decades of these games developers would learn that faction divides will naturally gravitate towards one faction ruling everything.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It sounds like Archeage.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is a total fail of inconsistency.

My favorite part is how it's meant to put crafting and gathering at the forefront with combat. Yet there is almost nothing valuable to make, everyone can gather easily, faction gear and drops are plentiful/better and there is no item recycling (aka no supply and demand system). This is gonna be the perfect storm of undercutting, price floors and irrelevant profit ratios like every other static MMO's economy and crafting professions.

Crafters can be 3rd class citizens once again!
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Crafting in MMOs is almost inherently flawed.

If crafting is exclusive and requires inordinate amounts of investment, then an elite of people forms who supply the market - dictating prices and becoming obscenely wealthy, neither of which the population at large responds well to.

If crafting is ubiquitous and requires very little investment, then everybody can supply their own - leading to prices plummeting into a bottomless abyss, and crafting as a whole becoming either irrelevant or just another chore.

If crafting is personal, then it's just drops with extra steps - the non-tradable materials involved mean that you do activities you'd do for other gear, except instead of getting the gear right away you have extra hoops to jump through.

It's almost impossible to find a satisfying middle ground there, especially as there seems to be a correlation between a game's popularity and people min/maxing its systems. One possible route is making the crafting itself into a separate minigame attractive not just because of its rewards but because of the enjoyment involved in the process itself; this, however, seems to rarely work, as people (rightfully) see crafting as just a tiny sliver of the actual game and don't want it to overshadow other activities.